Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #1441
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I'll upload Zamora Vs deaf&mute Ali-wannabe Sukhothai this week.

Always nice to see Zamora.....

by the way, more Koji Kobayashi footage would be great as well Flea.... I was watching Kobayashi vs Katsuma, vs Facomron and vs Takada......he caught my interest....recently....

Last edited by Vic-JofreBRASIL; 01-22-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: japanese names......Koji KobaYASHI.....not Kobaysashi...
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #1442
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I'll upload Zamora Vs deaf&mute Ali-wannabe Sukhothai this week.
AlFrancis is online now  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #1443
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post

Always nice to see Zamora.....

by the way, more Koji Kobayashi footage would be great as well Flea.... I was watching Kobayashi vs Katsuma, vs Facomron and vs Takada......he caught my interest....recently....
I have his win over Cerdeno for the lineal championship and his losing of the title via 2nd round battering by Bernal as well

Haven't seen the Takada fight? Where did ya' see that? What can you tell me about it.

Very stiff, sloppy, basic, upright and vulnerable Kobayashi, with a fair dig in the left hand and a massive flyweight. Makes for exciting fights.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #1444
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I have his win over Cerdeno for the lineal championship and his losing of the title via 2nd round battering by Bernal as well

Haven't seen the Takada fight? Where did ya' see that? What can you tell me about it.

Very stiff, sloppy, basic, upright and vulnerable Kobayashi, with a fair dig in the left hand and a massive flyweight. Makes for exciting fights.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etwgKeuZOHI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEDZEAEj4_k[/ame]

Good combinations and interesting body punches, really good left to the body.....I liked the way he landed that left hand accurately and doesn´t miss too many shots......
Old 01-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #1445
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Will watch this week, cheers Vic
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #1446
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330

watched ali and terrell - I'm currently going through a stage of watching the great fighters during their, imo, peak performance.

Jesus christ after seeing him demolish liston and patterson to clean out the old guard, here he is against a genuine top 5 heavyweight and a guy who was considered the best hw not named ali, is it any wonder he was called the greatest of all time?

Is this arguably a top tier filmed performance? I'm not sure because it's the first one I've watched in my latest revaluation (alphabetical order and ali is the first guy on my list) but there can't be many performances that outshine this surely, he slips seamlessly, thwroiws vicious combos, dominates when sticking and moving, spoils whenever he chooses in close, unerring accuracy and visible stinging power. As far as a showcase of skill goes, this is ali's peak performance imo and it certainly sets a high bar.

I gave up scoring after the 4th round because it was quite one sided and I know the outcome anyways but what a performance.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #1447
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I like Folley or Terrell for his best, yes.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 01:52 PM   #1448
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

next on the list was sammy angott.

I watched him in a highlight of his fight against fritzie.

This was angott right in his prime imo he was just against someone who was bigger than he was.

angott looks on film to be a better version of a ricky hatton style fighter: he's quicker and more active and seemed to be quite accurate but his style is quite similar.

he seemed to fade towards the end of the footage but brawling with a man half a stone bigger and a good few inches to boot will do that to you.

as far as losing efforts go, he did himself no shame that's for sure.

I'd have loved to see him against someone as slick as pea because fritzie was all too willing to trade in close and pound him with his jab when he started to fight slower, his defence certainly wasn't the best but with activity like his and a cast iron chin, he's always going to be a tough night.

I think it's unfair judging a guys skill set off one film, especially when it's a losing effort, but all things considered, based on reports, even watching against tendelr, he'd fight the same way no doubt, he'd just have more success because he'd be against someone his own size so it's easy to imagine how good he actually was.

I guess i'm saying despite being a losing highlight (10 mins) it does allow a decent joining of dots when combined with reports of other fights.

I judge angotts prime as being 38-44 and this fight was in 1940 and it was a decent showcase of what he could fire out but also what he could take.

certainly not on the same level of the ali fight but much better than i'd expected knowing only that he'd lost 8 of the 10 rounds.

Last edited by lufcrazy; 01-23-2012 at 02:16 PM.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #1449
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
Sot Chitalada KO4 Rae-Ki Ahn

Prime Chitalada at his best dismantling his limited foe before stopping him with a trademark long heavy jab.

Notable for Reg Gutteridge uttering the immortal line "it was actually a Korean who is the only man to beat Chitalada...JUNNNNNG-KOOOOO CHAAANG...sounds more like a takeaway than a fighter"
I'm crying, never noticed that before
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #1450
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

He would have struggled in today's commentating environment, old Reg.
lora is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 05:03 PM   #1451
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

To be fair to him he didn't have the Internet

Still...that line Amazing.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #1452
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Bernal, knocking the stuffing out of lineal champ', and big bully, Koji Kobayashi for the WBC title.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRxvHKCibqE[/ame]

Alfonso Zamora, fighting Thanomchit Sukothai in defence of his WBA title.

Sukhothai was a deaf-mute (!) who clearly loved Muhammad Ali The former Nak Muay had pretty average and sloppy offence, but he was game. He mixed in some good competition as well some former title challengers at Fly, a former Flyweight champion, a future super featherweight champion, and a future super bantamweight title holder and a couple of Zamora's other challengers, primarily in Asia of course; Berkrek Chartvanchai (1-0) Fernando Cabanela (1-2) and Rolando Navarette (1-0-1) Shintaro Uchiyama (1-0) Soo-Hwang-Hong (0-1)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MInpKMRayjo[/ame]

Pretty enjoyable, not deadly sparking but a pretty heavy knockdown and Zamora gets cut, worth a watch fo' sure
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #1453
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

For anyone that cares, Saoul Mamby at his probable best, starching Sang-Hyun Kim, who'd looked so good against Muangsurin, to finally grab a 'World' title. Mamby was a ****ing well-schooled operator, just love the way he shoots his jab, it's long as ****.

1st and 14th round, only known surviving rounds of the fight. Killer right hand to end it, which you probably wouldn't expect from Mamby.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuXiHVMSY_U&feature=related[/ame]

lora, what can you tell me of Kim's camp? I believe he was trained by the same guy that trained Chan-Hee Park, an Olympian who beat Davey Moore I at the games. If anyone will know anything about it, it's you, any clue?

Last edited by Flea Man; 01-23-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 02:05 PM   #1454
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

just watched apostoli stop freddie steele.

Quite a strange fighter the way he mixes up his rapid jab combos with his relentless hooks.

Quite well rounded from what I could see and I don't know if there's any better footage of him out there.

He looked pretty menacing but I'm not sure if i'd call him more skilled than angott, who despite losing, was at quite a size disadvantage and still looked very good imo.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #1455
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Bernal, knocking the stuffing out of lineal champ', and big bully, Koji Kobayashi for the WBC title.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Alfonso Zamora, fighting Thanomchit Sukothai in defence of his WBA title.

Sukhothai was a deaf-mute (!) who clearly loved Muhammad Ali The former Nak Muay had pretty average and sloppy offence, but he was game. He mixed in some good competition as well some former title challengers at Fly, a former Flyweight champion, a future super featherweight champion, and a future super bantamweight title holder and a couple of Zamora's other challengers, primarily in Asia of course; Berkrek Chartvanchai (1-0) Fernando Cabanela (1-2) and Rolando Navarette (1-0-1) Shintaro Uchiyama (1-0) Soo-Hwang-Hong (0-1)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Pretty enjoyable, not deadly sparking but a pretty heavy knockdown and Zamora gets cut, worth a watch fo' sure

Wow ! That was brutal ! Nice compact power shots by Bernal.....

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum