Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #1456
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

vCash: 330
Default Re: the what fights did you watch today\scorecard thread.

Arguello vs Limon, just about to sit down and get that watched for the first time.

I've seen some of his other fights and I've read once this is his best performance so I have high expectations of him in this one.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #1457
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

It's a good performance with some ferocious exchanges early on, but not Arguello's best IMO.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #1458
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
It's a good performance with some ferocious exchanges early on, but not Arguello's best IMO.
What tops it? Filmed ofcourse.

Edwards, escalera, oliveira? Maybe mancini?
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #1459
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Arguello's best performance is Kobayashi IMO
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #1460
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPater11093 View Post
Arguello's best performance is Kobayashi IMO
Bingo.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 03:04 PM   #1461
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

His son says Escalara II was his best performance.
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #1462
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Certainly one of his most violent.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #1463
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

vs Watt he was great....IMO
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #1464
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Kobayashi, Escalera.
Lester1583 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #1465
tommygun711
The Future
East Side Guru

vCash: 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
What tops it? Filmed ofcourse.

Edwards, escalera, oliveira? Maybe mancini?
Definitely not Mancini since it was basically even (I had Mancini by a point) but except the knock out i remember Arguello not having much success until he hurt him.
tommygun711 is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #1466
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Felix Trinidad MD12 Oscar De La Hoya

OSCAR: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
TITO: 10,11,12

I guess that scorecard won't be to popular? I actually have never scored this one before. It felt like a robbery to me, it felt like Oscar won it pretty big and that's the way I see it when I actually put pen to paper over it. To be honest, I can't really see how anyone comes up with this fight for Trinidad. The above scorecard doesn't make me comfortable, I hate scoring round after round for one guy, but that's the way I saw it, and if I was to watch it again with "benefit of the doubt" type eyes I think I could only hack up 4 and 9 for Tito. I admit these could be scored either way. That gives me a card of 7-5, at best for Trinidad and I can't see how I could see it any other way.

I thought Oscar's punching was consistently brilliant when he went on the attack, and I think the variety of leads was great to see. He flushes a one-two off a lead left uppercut at one point, leads with hooks to the body, jabs, right hands, you name, every punch really. He doesn't do a lot of punching, but he certainly lands mare than Trinidad by a ways up until he quits fighting. He outlanded him in round 9, which I know is a big one on Tito fan's cards. I think you could give 9 to Tito, but Oscar starts very strong with varied attacks, goes on his bike, but finishes up pretty strong in the last ten seconds with flurries and combos. You can't ignore them as though it were some cheap parlour trick, they are scoring punches, and for me they shadow the round for De La Hoya.

Round 4 is the cricial round to me, as Oscar gets hit hard here twice just standing around and waiting. After that, he never really stops moving, which dominates the flavour of the fight. It works for him though, and Trinidad often looks set in stone, missing punches by literally a foot on a couple of occasions late on. It's such a high energy style though, and I think that gets underplayed a bit. Look how many steps Oscar has to take to keep ahead of Tito in these middle rounds, a ratio of four to one wouldn't surprise me. It's basically an aerobic workout in the middle of a boxing match. There wasn't any decision by Oscar to move those last three rounds, he just didn't have the energy to fight. The best camp he'd ever had couldn't supply him with that kind of energy against a high pressure style. He doesn't get beaten up though, apart from in the twelfth, because Trinidad is knackered also. In fact...they start to look a little like Cotto-Margarito I

I'm honestly not dengrating them though, in spite of Oscars sometimes stiff-shined gallloping style and Trinidad's muted, thumping pursuit, this is just about Oscar's best display. I thought he won handily and deserved the decision. I think Trinidad got exposed a bit here, finally, but showed good discipline and another facet to his game. He perhaps would have done better had he boxed with a bit less discipine, sometimes though?
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #1467
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Kid Gavilan SD Billy Graham

I guess what makes this one controversial is that Billy closes so strong, but I can't really see it in scoring. With the best will in the world I couldn't give Graham one of the first 8 rounds, and even if I give him the disputed tenth this means he still loses.

I think KG actually out-jabbed Graham for spells too, not clearly or cleanly, but for the first half of the fight the only reason Graham gets to come forwards is so KG can jab him or hook him. It's a pretty clinical display really, and if he comes off the gas a bit a bit later on you can sort of see why. I suppose it's one of those fights where as soon as Gavilan starts to slip physically because of their shared fatigue, Graham's sharper right hand starts to come into play, especially as a counterpunch. Gavilan gets away with those lunging hooks early doors, but not so much later, and once Graham has the right hand working generally he starts to sneak firmly back in. I thought he closed out the fight. I would have liked to have seen five more rounds!

GRAHAM: 9,11,12,13,14,15
KG: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
EVEN: 5

SO 8-6-1 KG.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #1468
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Felix Trinidad MD12 Oscar De La Hoya

OSCAR: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
TITO: 10,11,12

I guess that scorecard won't be to popular? I actually have never scored this one before. It felt like a robbery to me, it felt like Oscar won it pretty big and that's the way I see it when I actually put pen to paper over it. To be honest, I can't really see how anyone comes up with this fight for Trinidad. The above scorecard doesn't make me comfortable, I hate scoring round after round for one guy, but that's the way I saw it, and if I was to watch it again with "benefit of the doubt" type eyes I think I could only hack up 4 and 9 for Tito. I admit these could be scored either way. That gives me a card of 7-5, at best for Trinidad and I can't see how I could see it any other way.

I thought Oscar's punching was consistently brilliant when he went on the attack, and I think the variety of leads was great to see. He flushes a one-two off a lead left uppercut at one point, leads with hooks to the body, jabs, right hands, you name, every punch really. He doesn't do a lot of punching, but he certainly lands mare than Trinidad by a ways up until he quits fighting. He outlanded him in round 9, which I know is a big one on Tito fan's cards. I think you could give 9 to Tito, but Oscar starts very strong with varied attacks, goes on his bike, but finishes up pretty strong in the last ten seconds with flurries and combos. You can't ignore them as though it were some cheap parlour trick, they are scoring punches, and for me they shadow the round for De La Hoya.

Round 4 is the cricial round to me, as Oscar gets hit hard here twice just standing around and waiting. After that, he never really stops moving, which dominates the flavour of the fight. It works for him though, and Trinidad often looks set in stone, missing punches by literally a foot on a couple of occasions late on. It's such a high energy style though, and I think that gets underplayed a bit. Look how many steps Oscar has to take to keep ahead of Tito in these middle rounds, a ratio of four to one wouldn't surprise me. It's basically an aerobic workout in the middle of a boxing match. There wasn't any decision by Oscar to move those last three rounds, he just didn't have the energy to fight. The best camp he'd ever had couldn't supply him with that kind of energy against a high pressure style. He doesn't get beaten up though, apart from in the twelfth, because Trinidad is knackered also. In fact...they start to look a little like Cotto-Margarito I

I'm honestly not dengrating them though, in spite of Oscars sometimes stiff-shined gallloping style and Trinidad's muted, thumping pursuit, this is just about Oscar's best display. I thought he won handily and deserved the decision. I think Trinidad got exposed a bit here, finally, but showed good discipline and another facet to his game. He perhaps would have done better had he boxed with a bit less discipine, sometimes though?

Interesting. I know what you mean though, you do feel almost obligated to award a round at times.

I had it at 7-5 for DLH.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #1469
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP

Oscar schooled tito, it's a fair assessment. He certainly had the fight won by the 9th at worst.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Old 01-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #1470
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

Hugo Corro vs Ronnie Harris

Round 1- 10-9 Corro
Round 2- 10-9 Corro
Round 3- 10-9 Harris
Round 4- 10-9 Harris
Round 5- 10-9 Harris
Round 6- 10-9 Corro
Round 7- 10-9 Harris
Round 8- 10-9 Harris
Round 9- 10-9 Corro
Round 10-10-9 Corro (maybe that was a wrong call by the ref....that was a KD against Harris IMO, although the image is not clear enough to tell precisely ...without a good replay)

Round 11....Corro won every single round from now on, and I stopped make a RBR then, because they are pretty clear IMO.....

Corro UD15 Harris

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oojNzVvdNtk[/ame]

Hiroshi Kobayashi vs Carlos Caņete

Good mobility by Caņete, good boxer, very good jab, fast hands....He looks skilled, but Kobaysahi was doing a great good pressuring him.....after the first two rounds.....

Round 1-10-9 Caņete
Round 2- 10-9 Caņete
Round 3-10-9 H. Kobayashi - close round
Round 4- 10-9 Kobayashi
unfortunately they skipped to round 13......
Round 13-10-9 Kobayashi, clear.....
Round 14-10-9 Kobayashi
Round 15- 10-9 Kobayashi

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XmlemuwhdA[/ame]
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum