Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Which outcome is more realistic ?
Mayweather beating Whitaker 43 72.88%
Whitaker beating Leonard 16 27.12%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2009, 06:03 AM   #1
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000
Default What is more likely to happen ?... Floyd beating Pea or Pea beating SRL ? (147 lbs)

I got to go with Mayweather over Whitaker, I feel they are more evenly matched, Leonard`s power & size would give Whitaker fits, Floyd has a good shot vs Pea tho Id pick Pea personally.

Thoughts ?
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2009, 06:04 AM   #2
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: What is more likely to happen ?... Floyd beating Pea or Pea beating SRL ? (147 lb

Although I can't see Pea beating Leonard, I see no instance in which Floyd beats Pea. So I say Sweet Pea stealing a decision off of Ray, which in itself is highly unlikely IMO
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Default Re: What is more likely to happen ?... Floyd beating Pea or Pea beating SRL ? (147 lb

I have to go with Mayweather over Whitaker.

I've always felt taller fighters with with good speed and lateral movement are Whitaker's tougher match-up. Whitaker has a tendency to get a little off balance when in pursuit, sometimes over stepping or crossing his legs. Whitaker may have been overlooking Hurtado a bit, but I also think Hurtado may have always made Whitaker give a good effort. I think Whitaker could have out pointed Hurtado if better prepared. Anyway...

Leanoard was taller with a longer reach, had faster hands, and he was the naturally heavier of the two. Leonard has to many physical attributes in his favor.

Mayweather would also have a difficult task in Whitaker, but I don't think it would have been out of the realm of possibility. Mayweather's speed is on par, and he has a height and reach advantage. Mayweather would not be able to stand his ground with Whitaker, because Whitaker's jab was too good. Mayweather would have to use his legs, angles, and reach to nullify Whitaker's jab. Mayweather threw shorter, sometimes crisper punches.

I can envision a way for Mayweather to defeat Pernell by decision, but none for Whitaker to defeat Ray.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Ray never really dropped the ball at 147-154...Duran forced him to drop the ball.

Pea has had a few coked up performances above 140... I know for sure Ray would beat Pea from one of those performances and would likely beat him at his best at 147 aswell.

I give Pea very little chance of beating Leonard...but I give Floyd a more then even money shot at knocking off a coked up past prime Pea.

That version of Pea Floyd could defo beat...Prime Pea however "ah no Peg".
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
sugarsean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1057

I rate Floyd very high but there's no way in my opinion that he beats Sweet Pea, Pernell's, Floyds daddy in boxing terms
sugarsean is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
Minotauro
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Although I would probably favour Whitaker over Floyd, it is possible that Floyd could win a decision. SRL vs Pea is only gonna go one way for me while it will be competitive I'd go with Leonard every time.
Minotauro is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #7
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
I got to go with Mayweather over Whitaker, I feel they are more evenly matched, Leonard`s power & size would give Whitaker fits, Floyd has a good shot vs Pea tho Id pick Pea personally.

Thoughts ?
Pea beating Leonard, not even close.

Pea beats Mayweather 100 times out of 100 at any weight. In every way he is Floyd's nightmare, his Kryptonite.

I don't think Pea would beat SRL at 147 either, but he has a far better chance, especially if you think of it by the same '100 times' ratio. It is not inconceivable that Pea could outbox SRL at range over 12 rounds. Not likely, but not inconceivable.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 08:50 AM   #8
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post

Pea beats Mayweather 100 times out of 100 at any weight. In every way he is Floyd's nightmare, his Kryptonite.

I don't think Pea would beat SRL at 147 either, but he has a far better chance, especially if you think of it by the same '100 times' ratio. It is not inconceivable that Pea could outbox SRL at range over 12 rounds. Not likely, but not inconceivable.
I ****in despise Mayweather, but that's a strong statement. I'll take 95 out of a 100, but 100 out of a 100? Damn, I don't know.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:

Its not inconceivable that Mayweather can outpoint Whitaker, Im not even sure Whitaker could beat Mayweather 3-0, 2-0 or ****, even 1-0 (Id pick Pea tho but would be worried)

Whitaker beating Mayweather - whether you like FMJ or not - 100/100 is absolutely mesmerising stuff, you cannot believe this, surely.... that would mean badly underrating Mayweather or the opposite with Whitaker.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #10
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

Exactly what I'm saying, the countless pea vs floyd threads have numerous entries detailing just why Pea is all wrong for Floyd. Even though Ray is bad for Pea, Pea is worse for Floyd. If you know what I'm saying. Leonard is another bad matchup for Floyd. PAC-Floyd is 50-50.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 09:26 AM   #11
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Forgive me, but there seems to be a who can kiss Whitaker's ass better contest going on here.

No one said anything about Mayweather being the better fighter, or having a better resume. It's one thing to pick Whitaker to defeat Mayweather. That is justifiable. To say Mayweather doesn't stand a chance head to head at 147 is ludicrous.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Its not inconceivable that Mayweather can outpoint Whitaker, Im not even sure Whitaker could beat Mayweather 3-0, 2-0 or ****, even 1-0 (Id pick Pea tho but would be worried)

Whitaker beating Mayweather - whether you like FMJ or not - 100/100 is absolutely mesmerising stuff, you cannot believe this, surely.... that would mean badly underrating Mayweather or the opposite with Whitaker.
It means neither actually.

There are certain fighters from history who would be Kryptonite for others. Foreman-Frazier (too powerful), Jones-Toney (too fast), etc etc. Merely stating that you believe one guy would be another guys Kryptonite, when there have been clear examples of this from history, when there is a clear precedent, is not underrating, overrating, or anything of the sort.

If I say Foreman beats Frazier 10 times out of 10, am I underrating Joe or overrating George? Neither. Because it was proved in the ring that the way their styles meshed meant only one man could win.

I think Whitaker would be to Mayweather what Foreman was to Frazier.

Whitaker's jab, defence, speed, output, infighting, intelligence, just everything he can do, everything about him, is Mayweather's nightmare. I would counter your accusation towards me by saying that your belief that these two could split a trilogy is merely a dogged personal affection for PBF, because his style and the way he has performed at 147lbs do not for a second suggest that he has the beating of Pernell Whitaker.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Even though Ray is bad for Pea, Pea is worse for Floyd.
No underrating, no overrating, just this.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #14
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

I would pick both Leonard and Pea to win but if you were better your own money pre-bout you'd be thinking of the following:

Leoanrd-Whitaker - Leonard had a few problems with Benitez, Whitaker is slicker, better defense, better movement, better jab, and a the trickest southpaw in history. Exactly how much do I want to bet on on Leonard?

Whitaker-Mayweather - Mayweather is faster, has a great defense of his own and his right hand may find a home on Whitaker, this 1 could be very close and hard to score, how much do I really want to bet on Sweet Pea?

Everyones a boxing expert and verment in predictions until its time to back their bets
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Agreed I could see Leonard at his most spitefull best against pea, he would'nt underestimate him for a mo, he'd have to adopt the same cautious/alert at all time's stratagy here & Pea would absolutly humiliate floyd, it would be a boxing master class between master & apprentice.
duranimal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum