Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 11-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #1
rooq
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Super Six: Predict the remaining fixtures

Now we have seen each of the Super Six competitors once, who do you think will win the remaining fixtures and the overall tournament?

Arthur Abraham Vs Andre Dirrell
Arthur Abraham Vs Carl Froch
Andre Ward Vs Andre Direll
Andre Ward Vs Jermaine Taylor
Mikkel Kessler Vs Carl Froch
Mikkel Kessler Vs Jermaine Taylor

Semi Final 1:

Semi Final 2:

Final:

---------------------------------------------

my picks...

Arthur Abraham Vs Andre Dirrell - Abe Pts
Arthur Abraham Vs Carl Froch - Abe TKO
Andre Ward Vs Andre Direll - Ward Pts
Andre Ward Vs Jermaine Taylor - Ward Pts
Mikkel Kessler Vs Carl Froch - Kessler Pts
Mikkel Kessler Vs Jermaine Taylor - Kessler TKO

So final standings...

Arthur Abraham 8 pts
Andre Ward 6 pts
Mikkel Kessler 5 pts
Carl Froch 2 pts
Andre Dirrell 0 pts
Jermaine Taylor 0 pts

Semi Final 1: Arthur Abraham Vs Carl Froch - Abraham TKO
Semi Final 2: Andre Ward Vs Mikkel Kessler (again!) - Ward Pts

Final: Abraham Vs Ward - Abraham TKO
rooq is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Super Six: Predict the remaining fixtures

I think Ward will stop Taylor...... and Kessler has a 50-50 chance of stopping Froch I'd say.

Other than that.... spot on
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Arthur Abraham Vs Andre Dirrell - AA TKO
Arthur Abraham Vs Carl Froch - AA TKO
Andre Ward Vs Andre Direll - Ward UD
Andre Ward Vs Jermaine Taylor - Ward UD
Mikkel Kessler Vs Carl Froch - Kessler UD
Mikkel Kessler Vs Jermaine Taylor - Kessler UD

Abraham - 9pts
Ward - 6pts
Kessler - 4pts
Froch - 2pts
Taylor - 0pts
Dirrell - 0pts

Abraham v Froch - AA TKO
Kessler v Ward - Ward UD

Ward v Abraham -
ishy is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I'd go along with your predictions. I'll have a closer look when they are upon us.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I did something similar this morning and ended up with 4 fighters on 2 points.

Froch will be lucky to win another fight, I think Dirrell can outbox Ward and IMHO Taylor will outbox both Ward and Kessler.

That made my standings:

Abraham 8 pts
Taylor 4 pts
Kessler 2 pts
Froch 2 pts
Ward 2 pts
Dirrel 2pts

Which surprised even me.

I had Ward as my dark horse for the tourney before last night, and he showed the expected promise last night. What remains to be seen though (as with Dirrell IMO) was just how much of that was down to him, rather than his opponent making him look good.
mcguirpa is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You have to ask whether Kessler can change up his tactics, and maybe have a closer second go round with Ward. I doubt it, but always possible.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

I don't want to predicate past the next round as i can't foresee to much and things and complications may arise along with fighters losing and going into the final fight with a loss.

Arthur Abraham Vs Andre Dirrell- Well i'm going to put part of Danny Flexen's article at the bottom of this and it will be interesting to read about Dirrell and him sulking. I feel he looked very good when aggressive and angry and i see him taking rounds against Abraham but i don't see him taking the fight. Abraham i see breaking him mentally and physically and i think he could stop him late. Yes he made Froch miss but he Abraham is very accurate and is a clean one punch knockout artist where as imo Froch relies on accumulation of power punches to take his opponents will.

Andre Ward Vs Jermaine Taylor-I just cannot see Taylor winning this fight, I think Ward can only get better and i feel in terms of skillset and also belief he just has more and the fight stylistically is his fight to win.

Mikkel Kessler Vs Carl Froch-This is the one i'm really not sure about. A lot of people going for Kessler i'm gonna stick my neck out and go for Froch. Unbeaten men are hard to beat we all know this but i also feel that last night may linger with Kessler more then it did against Calzaghe.

I think it will be nip and tuck but i feel Froch can get close to him and i also feel his in fighting and roughness may again upset Kessler and make it more of a fight then people think it will be and a fight it will be. I just go for Froch at this stage but i haven't studied it to much so don't take it as gospel from me but i think the table will look like this at the end of round 2 of the super six.

Abraham-6 Points
Ward-5 Points
Froch-4 Points
Dirrell-0 Points
Kessler-0 Points
Taylor-0 Points
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Ok here's Dirrell's Uncle and Trainer talking about Froch, and the upcoming fight against Arthur Abraham.

Dirrell has just had some dental work done but his uncle and trainer Lawson Jnr was only to happy to talk up the chances of his nephew’s friend and former amateur team-mate.

“I’ve just been with his team watching him, on tape, getting some work in,” Lawson, who will be travelling with Dirrell and his father to support Ward, revealed. “He looked real strong and I have every confidence that he can outbox the best fighters in this tournament. Hopefully he won’t get a raw deal like we did [against Froch].

“Their fight will get heated faster than Dirrell-Froch. I think Kessler is in for a surprise, Ward will start faster than he has in the past. I’ll have my money on him. What impressed me most about him was his high output of work, how he stayed controlled and busy.”

Lawson remains aggrieved that the split decision in Nottingham last month went the way of Froch and is relieved his nephew’s next bout – against Abraham – will be State-side.

“I definitely want to thank the English fans, so many of them embraced us. Andre definitely won, the world has seen it and the fans let us know who the real winner was. The English fans were not biased at all.

“He whipped the s*** out of Froch, hurt him in the 10th, the 11th, was beating him rounds one through five. The only rounds you could give to Froch was when he was fighting dirty, rounds six through eight. That’s all.

We’re talking about Abraham in January, but we’ll never go out of the country again. If they want us to continue to fight in the Super Six, the Abraham fight will have to be in America, but they’ve already said it will be in America; they’re talking MSG.

Abraham, topping the Super Six table by virtue of recording the only stoppage so far, over Jermain Taylor, is convinced that Kessler will prevail on Saturday.

“I expect a tough fight and a very hot battle,” Abraham stated. “Ward is not to be underestimated, he is technically very sound and can also punch hard. But I hope that my new [promotional] stablemate Mikkel Kessler wins. He is very versatile, very experienced and he has great vision and anticipation in the ring. And most importantly, the ‘Viking Warrior’ is a true fighter. I would go with a points victory for Mikkel.”

And he added: “I am back in training in Berlin. On November 16, we will move training camp to Kienbaum. I cannot wait to fight Andre Dirrell. I have started my preparations and look forward to returning to the ring.”
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
faisal
Hoolios daddy
ESB Addict

vCash: 1167

Arthur Abraham Vs Andre Dirrell-AD UD
Arthur Abraham Vs Carl Froch-??
Andre Ward Vs Andre Direll-Ward UD
Andre Ward Vs Jermaine Taylor-Ward TKO
Mikkel Kessler Vs Carl Froch-Kessler UD/TKO
Mikkel Kessler Vs Jermaine Taylor-Kessler KO
faisal is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #10
cityofgod
Worcester warrior
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Ok here's Dirrell's Uncle and Trainer talking about Froch, and the upcoming fight against Arthur Abraham.

Dirrell has just had some dental work done but his uncle and trainer Lawson Jnr was only to happy to talk up the chances of his nephew’s friend and former amateur team-mate.

“I’ve just been with his team watching him, on tape, getting some work in,” Lawson, who will be travelling with Dirrell and his father to support Ward, revealed. “He looked real strong and I have every confidence that he can outbox the best fighters in this tournament. Hopefully he won’t get a raw deal like we did [against Froch].

“Their fight will get heated faster than Dirrell-Froch. I think Kessler is in for a surprise, Ward will start faster than he has in the past. I’ll have my money on him. What impressed me most about him was his high output of work, how he stayed controlled and busy.”

Lawson remains aggrieved that the split decision in Nottingham last month went the way of Froch and is relieved his nephew’s next bout – against Abraham – will be State-side.

“I definitely want to thank the English fans, so many of them embraced us. Andre definitely won, the world has seen it and the fans let us know who the real winner was. The English fans were not biased at all.

“He whipped the s*** out of Froch, hurt him in the 10th, the 11th, was beating him rounds one through five. The only rounds you could give to Froch was when he was fighting dirty, rounds six through eight. That’s all.

We’re talking about Abraham in January, but we’ll never go out of the country again. If they want us to continue to fight in the Super Six, the Abraham fight will have to be in America, but they’ve already said it will be in America; they’re talking MSG.

Abraham, topping the Super Six table by virtue of recording the only stoppage so far, over Jermain Taylor, is convinced that Kessler will prevail on Saturday.

“I expect a tough fight and a very hot battle,” Abraham stated. “Ward is not to be underestimated, he is technically very sound and can also punch hard. But I hope that my new [promotional] stablemate Mikkel Kessler wins. He is very versatile, very experienced and he has great vision and anticipation in the ring. And most importantly, the ‘Viking Warrior’ is a true fighter. I would go with a points victory for Mikkel.”

And he added: “I am back in training in Berlin. On November 16, we will move training camp to Kienbaum. I cannot wait to fight Andre Dirrell. I have started my preparations and look forward to returning to the ring.”
Why dont team Dirrell let it go? other than sum haters on forums everyone agree's Andre Dirrell was not worthy of a world title.

Furthermore this 'were not travelling again' is bollocks as it was two foreign judges who scored it for Froch !!

I'd laugh if Ward lost to Taylor or Dirrell - anything is possible and when it comes to speed and pure boxing ability its not as far fetched as it sounds.
cityofgod is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #11
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

I still think Kessler will beat Froch.Ward may have been flattered a bit by last night but he and Abraham look the best so far.I still think Taylor could suprise a few people.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2009, 03:28 AM   #12
KERRZO
Glass Jaw
ESB Senior Member

Abraham UD
Froch KO
Ward SD
KERRZO is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 AM   #13
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 172

Arthur Abraham Vs Andre Dirrell - Dirrell points
Arthur Abraham Vs Carl Froch - Abraham KO
Andre Ward Vs Andre Direll - Direll Points
Andre Ward Vs Jermaine Taylor - Ward KO
Mikkel Kessler Vs Carl Froch - Kessler points
Mikkel Kessler Vs Jermaine Taylor Kessler KO

Semi Finals:

Abraham vs Dirrell - Abraham KO
Ward vs Kessler - Kessler points

Final:
Abraham bts Kessler by KO
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2009, 05:14 AM   #14
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Arthur Abraham Vs Andre Dirrell - Abe by KO
Arthur Abraham Vs Carl Froch - Abe by KO
Andre Ward Vs Andre Direll - I'm going to pick Dirrell on points
Andre Ward Vs Jermaine Taylor - Ward UD
Mikkel Kessler Vs Carl Froch - Kessler wide UD
Mikkel Kessler Vs Jermaine Taylor - Kessler KO
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #15
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I'd go along with your predictions. I'll have a closer look when they are upon us.
Could Kess do anything differently should he meet Ward again?

Is he done in this tournament as far as winning goes or can he regroup and come back stronger?

I'm not writing him off yet.
Grant1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum