boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting

vBookie Event: Parker vs. Williams (Boxing)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Parker vs. Williams (Boxing)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Joseph Parker 1/12 F (0.08) 13 4804 WIN!
Sherman Williams 13/2 (6.50) 1 75  
Draw 33/1 (33.00) 0 0  

Old 10-14-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 46000
Default Joseph Parker vs. Sherman Williams

IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Default Re: Joseph Parker vs. Sherman Williams

Over/under when available.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #3
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Old 10-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

The Tank is getting stopped.

Parker is as real as they come.

The HW division is LOADED with young talent. And Parker may end up being the cream of the crop
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #5
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
The Tank is getting stopped.

Parker is as real as they come.

The HW division is LOADED with young talent. And Parker may end up being the cream of the crop
Ya think?

His biggest tests so far have been Minto and Botha, who are both in Williams' age bracket (Botha a few years older and Minto a few younger) - but Tank is bigger and more durable than Minto ...and while the White Buffalo is bigger and roughly comparable with Tank in terms of power and durability, Williams is both quicker on the draw and better defensively than increasingly hittable and low-output Botha.

With his length and youthful athleticism I see Parker easily beating Tank on the outside if he wants to simply outbox him. I just don't think he'll get the breaks he got to light up Botha or Minto. Williams is ornery, has enough timing and know-how to pick shots off with his gloves and generally not blunder in carelessly, and has more than enough pop in his OHR to keep Parker honest and prevent him from going all-out in an effort to overwhelm him on the ropes or anything.

Given how competitive he was against Helenius, and how Parker basically got a lethargic and unenthusiastic version of Botha handed to him on a silver platter instead of having to really work for the stoppage (and even there, in the few minutes it lasted, Botha managed to effectively tie him up far too often for a human punching bag...and Parker even looked a bit gassed from wrestling him off!) - I'm leaning a lot more heavily in the direction of Parker by snooze-fest UD.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #6
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Ya think?

His biggest tests so far have been Minto and Botha, who are both in Williams' age bracket (Botha a few years older and Minto a few younger) - but Tank is bigger and more durable than Minto ...and while the White Buffalo is bigger and roughly comparable with Tank in terms of power and durability, Williams is both quicker on the draw and better defensively than increasingly hittable and low-output Botha.

With his length and youthful athleticism I see Parker easily beating Tank on the outside if he wants to simply outbox him. I just don't think he'll get the breaks he got to light up Botha or Minto. Williams is ornery, has enough timing and know-how to pick shots off with his gloves and generally not blunder in carelessly, and has more than enough pop in his OHR to keep Parker honest and prevent him from going all-out in an effort to overwhelm him on the ropes or anything.

Given how competitive he was against Helenius, and how Parker basically got a lethargic and unenthusiastic version of Botha handed to him on a silver platter instead of having to really work for the stoppage (and even there, in the few minutes it lasted, Botha managed to effectively tie him up far too often for a human punching bag...and Parker even looked a bit gassed from wrestling him off!) - I'm leaning a lot more heavily in the direction of Parker by snooze-fest UD.
Helenius is not known to have anything considered to be a world level jab, and simply used his length to dominate Williams over the distance with the exception of one well time, under-defended CR hand that seemed to stun Robbe.

You know I was/(AM?) a huge Helenius fan, but since the preChisora training disaster and the subsequent career altering injuries sustained going forward injured vs DelBoy, Robbe has looked, and BEEN, less than world level. Yet, without being able to throw a R hand with any authority whatsoever, he dominated a FRESH Tank, coming off perhaps his finest hour, the SD win over Welliver.

Parker is everything I wanted Helenius to be, w/o the injuries. Big, strong, teac chin.......and fast of hand.

Call me an optimist, but I like Parker to get a mercy stoppage somewhere around the 6th, 7th rd. He'll land that R hand up the middle without anything coming back far too often, and the peakaboo wont work when the R hand is followed consistently by the L hook. Something Helenius has NO IDEA how to throw.

My prediction.....Parker TKO5-8
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2014, 03:20 PM   #7
CST80
The Hesitant Nihilist
East Side VIP

I think Parker is more legit than Gerald Washington, and since I recently did threads for both Gerald and Parker, I think Parker wins by KO I'm not 100% sure, but on points definitely. so either way a win for Parker.

Last edited by CST80; 10-16-2014 at 06:01 AM.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 10-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #8
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Old 10-15-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Old 10-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #10
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Ya think?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting