Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-25-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default What now for Valuev?

Does he stay still and wait for the rematch with Haye with should happen only in June/July?

I think he should better go after the fights that will pay from now on. he seems to have hit the way down on his career and probably does not have more than 3 or 4 good fights in him (just speculating).

A rematch with Haye is not such a good idea as I think there is not much more Valuev can do to win than he already did in the first fight. It's really Haye's fight to lose.

IMO, as he already has the Haye rematch safe, he should go after a name fighter to regain his momentum, someone like Golota, or Maskaev in Moscow, a fight he can win while making good money. Then he may open back the door for a showdown with the Klitschkos (best paying fight) and still have Haye as an option.

Anyway, Valuev has to make well on the time he has left bc he may get trapped into his gigantic body sooner than he thinks.
11player is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

He should retire IMO. He's getting on in years, had over 50 fights, and I think he's done as best he can in his career. He won a title and defended it a few times against decent contenders and I'm sure he's made some money in his career. I don't think there is a lot else for him to achieve and it sounded like he'd lost a bit of heart after the Haye fight.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Casamayor122
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The rematch with Haye is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. The Klitschkos will never fight him now that he doesn't have a belt. I can't see anyone fighting him except a young contender with something to prove. The Haye rematch is his retirement fund.
Casamayor122 is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

I don't understand why any promoter would pay for a boring Haye-Valuev rematch.

Valuev needs to fight someone without footspeed or who won't back up. Against those type of guys (Liakhovic, Ruiz) he is quite good. However, anyone with good footwork and stamina will beat him in a similar fashion Haye, Chagaev and Donald did.

Maskaev/Rahman/Peter (although at his recent 240lbs he may be good again) would be winnable fights, and probably exciting ones as well. They could get him back on the map.

Let's not forget that while his recent loss was long overdue, i thought he did quite well and won a good amount of rounds.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius View Post
I don't understand why any promoter would pay for a boring Haye-Valuev rematch.

Valuev needs to fight someone without footspeed or who won't back up. Against those type of guys (Liakhovic, Ruiz) he is quite good. However, anyone with good footwork and stamina will beat him in a similar fashion Haye, Chagaev and Donald did.

Maskaev/Rahman/Peter (although at his recent 240lbs he may be good again) would be winnable fights, and probably exciting ones as well. They could get him back on the map.

Let's not forget that while his recent loss was long overdue, i thought he did quite well and won a good amount of rounds.
I want wlad vs valuev! But i doubt that wlad has the balls!
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Old 11-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
cubex
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2610

Shave his body?

I'd like t osee him against Ustinov as it would be a circus act and also the old vet would test the ''old'' rookie.
cubex is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 02:48 AM   #7
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

You can see how crooked the boxing biz is again, Valuev and haye shouldnt have been pited against each other in the first place, both of them ducked the KLitschkos. But matching them a second time after the first borefest we witnessed is making a fool of boxing fans again, its purely about money, it has zero meaning for the game, it will show for the xth time that valuev has no punch no speed and little variety and it will show again that a fast talented cruiserweight can deal with a mammoth provided the mammoth cant box
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 03:30 AM   #8
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aint no stoppin View Post
I want wlad vs valuev! But i doubt that wlad has the balls!

He should retire. He isnt the youngest anymore and with his weight it wont do any good for this health if he fights on.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #9
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Retire...please.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 04:34 AM   #10
Grecorussian
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 670

I think the recent fight of Valuev against Haye and his loss PROVED that he is not afraid of anyone . And of course not the Klitschko's . If he was afraid he wouldn't have fought Haye in the first place. He would have fought one easy opponent and keep the belt for much longer. He has said in public many times that whenever , wherever one Klit wants the fight he has it... And so he said to Haye... Why be afraid ? One loss is always in the schedule... Nobody will be world champion for ever
About his future...I don't know. Probably one title shot in the near future and then retirement. He will always be in our hearts, as the first russian to reach the top in professional heavyweight boxing and put his name next to the name of the legends of the sport
Thanks for the memories!!!
Grecorussian is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 05:27 AM   #11
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

i think he should fight wlad
Mr Butt is online now  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 05:44 AM   #12
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Him and his promoter want no part of Wlad. And I doubt Klitscho d be interested to fight him now that he has no title, except maybe for the chance to be the first to KO the man. Given Valuev already lost to Chagaev, Haye, Donald, Holyfield and Ruiz beating him would constitute no extraordinary feat, would tells us nothing about Wlad, only a KO would warrant such a match.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #13
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Valuev needs to asses how his body feels. If he can carry on fighting to the same standard as before the Haye fight then he will be more than a match for most other heavies, I can not think of one European or American heavyweight that can beat him. Maybe with a couple decent come back wins he can still get in frame for a shot at Wlad or Vitali. Both would be willing to make some money from the fight and are both running out of opponents that people care about.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

He should quit, and I mean that as a supporter.

For whatever flaws the man has, he broguht a good chin, a useful jab, and amazing stamina for a man of his size. He parlayed that into a title. Good show, good career. Some of us always apprecaited him, and now its time to enjoy the fruits of that succes.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 04:05 AM   #15
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Rematch is big money fight.
Farmboxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum