Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #16
Armo_Ruski
best of da best
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

wwe honestly. the guy is "too nice" to be a boxer. lol. he's 7ft tall and fights opponents with pity for them. if the dude had alil more edge and attitude especially in the ring. he'd be unstoppable.
Armo_Ruski is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #17
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armo_Ruski View Post
wwe honestly. the guy is "too nice" to be a boxer. lol. he's 7ft tall and fights opponents with pity for them. if the dude had alil more edge and attitude especially in the ring. he'd be unstoppable.
I think the way he fights is generally the most appropriate for him. Due to his immense size and weight he is just too slow. He can get away with that against a lot of people because there are many other HWs who aren't exactly speedsters but guys with reasonably fast hands and movement will always give him trouble no matter what he does. If he would suddenly start getting ultra aggressive against those guys they would just make him miss for a few rounds and he would be out of gas in no time.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
VHB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Valuev should fight Jukka Järvinen.

I would bet all my money on Järvinen.

Why?

Because he has a better movement and jab.
VHB is offline  Top
Old 11-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
liamo1982

vCash: 300

I think he should boil down to Cruiserweight LMAO
liamo1982 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #20
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamo1982 View Post
I think he should boil down to Cruiserweight LMAO

He would be awesome it light middle.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #21
liamo1982

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
He would be awesome it light middle.
Imagine him Vs Anthony Small Classic
liamo1982 is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #22
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

He should either retire or fight a handpicked confidence builder. The guy is over 35 7 foot 300 plus. He seems to have aged quickly and not only that but his knees do not allow him to be the fighter he used to be. Before he won the belt he let go with his right more he thru way more power shots. He became a jabber. I thought after his Chugaev fight he was all down hill. What he needs to do is fight a one dimensional slugger who has no foot work and no defense. A guy that would be tailor made for him. He could fight Mcall, Tua, Areolla, Oleg Maskaev. All are dangerous punchers but would not provide the achilles heel for Valuev. He can deal with plodding sluggers not fast movers like Haye or Holyfield or Donald.
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #23
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2000

Did he ever make big money.All pics I have seen of him and his wife are in a very humble apartment.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #24
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Valuev has the rematch clause, which he should use, at some point, it will get him another nice payday. I just happen to think he should not go for this fight straight away, a win against a famous gatekeeper, would help bring attention to him, promote his rematch with Haye or even open up new possibilities for big fights.

Golota in Moscow, Warsaw, Chicago or NYC will be good. Maskaev in Moscow or Germany, Botha in Moscow, Germany or South Africa, any of these would be fine for a good payday and as a confidence builder. Briggs could be too dangerous, Rahman is too shot.
11player is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #25
Buddy87
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Don King has promotional rights, I'm going to say this; HE WILL HAVE ANOTHER TITLE FIGHT! Despite the fact that Arreola got his ass pounded, being owned by another top promotional company as well I wouldn't be suprised if he has one as well.

Someone mentioned Alexander Ustinov, he was from the K-1 I believe I seen him and if he tries to pull that stunt against Klitschko he's in some deep crap. The other tall guy that Ustinov has faced off against was against Julius Long which seemed pretty interesting for the first two rounds until he pulled a Sam Peters on him!

Well comparing Valuev to Long ( I would love to see that fight regardless of regards just to see two giants fight like when Long was in K-1 I believe it was when he faced off a guy that was 6'11 ) Unlike Valuev, when you watch Julius Long fight, you find yourself BEGGING for him to jab, when he did it against the top cuban contender in the HW division, it made you feel kinda proud of him to go all 8 rounds

Anyways, comparing Valuev to Long would be like comparing Klitschko to Dimitrenko now is that truly fair? maybe a confidence booster for Eddie Chambers to take on the next big lug but I doubt when he lands that body shot, all Wladamir's going to do is blink and wonder what bug bit him.

With a reputation of being a 2 time HW champion and with Don King on his side, I say another fight's going to take place whether it's with Haye, one of the Klitschko's or if some sort of goddam miracle occurs, it will be the almighty trilogy that the earth stood still for to give praise, Nikolai Valuev vs John Ruiz III! the battle of the hairy wilderbeasts! 1st fight was a great fight, in the 2nd fight, Valuev spanked his ass, but it's too early to see where Ruiz is in his career, I was unfortunate not to see his last fight on the undercard.
Buddy87 is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #26
howarya
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

lose some weight
howarya is offline  Top
Old 01-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #27
cubex
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2610

Grow a beard?
cubex is offline  Top
Old 01-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #28
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

He will end up in a fight for a vacant title of some kind.Cant see a Haye return coming his way.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #29
paddycfc
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

a think he will retire or should do he has gone through a long career without being seriosly hurt if he stays fighting a think he will end up getting stopped badly
paddycfc is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #30
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

DKP and Sauerland are demanding US$ 4 mil. purse to make the fight with Vitali. Is this a legit request? considering Valuev has a contractual rematch set with Haye?

I wonder how much this fight is worth in Germany? 8-10 million? that means Valuev is asking for 40-50% of the purse.

Well, if they can't get the fight with Valuev donne, then maybe a good way to go is ask DKP for a fight against high ranked Ray Austin.

Fight a gatekeeper like Golota, Botha, Maskaev, Rahman, could be good as a confidence builder.
11player is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum