ESB Addict

vCash: 102
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHB View Post
Valuev should fight Jukka Järvinen.

I would bet all my money on Järvinen.

Why?

Because he has a better movement and jab.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Maybe he is lacking BEARD tho ?

lost 7 (KO 7)

Боксёр is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #32
wally
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Vitali Klitschko Makes Final Offer of $2 Million To Valuev
By Andrey Krikunov
WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko has made concessions in the negotiations with seven-foot Nikolay Valuev and his promoters. The Ukrainian boxer offered $2 million dollars to the WBA ex-champion, thus doubling his initial offer. Previously Valuev’s co-promoter Don King, according to press information, insisted on the amount of $4 million.
"We continue the negotiations”, - Vitali Klitschko said to liga.net - “Valuev has made big mistake by signing the contract with Don King. Valuev wants to get $4 million for this fight, though he has never earned so much even when he was a world champion. I made him the official offer – $2 million and the chance to fight for the world title. If he doesn’t answer by next week, we’ll surely sign an agreement with another opponent”.

Niculay better take the offer.

He's what...35 / 36...and this probably will be his last big payday.

As for Vitali, possibly looking for another opponent..who then?
-Haye, Adamek and Povetkin all will be busy come this late spring. Beyond them 3 you only have ridiculous names . Audley vs Vitali in London? lol
wally is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #33
Armo_Ruski
best of da best
ESB Senior Member

seems to me like DK is in valuevs ear on this one. i truly believe valuev would be more then happy to take 2 mill and fight VK but don king is tellin the giant noo noo u can get more .
Armo_Ruski is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2010, 04:10 AM   #34
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armo_Ruski View Post
seems to me like DK is in valuevs ear on this one. i truly believe valuev would be more then happy to take 2 mill and fight VK but don king is tellin the giant noo noo u can get more .
I don't think Valuev really has any say in this, King and Sauerland are making the decisions. I also think, based on Valuev's earlier statements, that he would take the offer if he was diciding things. $2 million is certainly not extraordinary generous but it isn't too bad either, there aren't that many boxers who are making more money today. He is definitely not getting a 40-60 split, that's ridiculous. Klitschko is the title holder and the big money generator in this fight, Valuev is the challenger without the title coming off a loss. Valuev no doubt brings a certain attraction to the table, but that's hardly worth 40%, 33-67 would imo be approporiate.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #35
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yup, 33-67 split is just right for this fight
11player is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #36
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If Vitali wanted this fight for a couple millions he really shouldn't have bothered calling Valuev bc it would never happen. Vitali has to pay to retire Valuev and take him out of the way of a Haye fight.

Everybody knows Vitali will win this, the crap about Valuev having a shot at the Wbc title is ridiculous.

People forget that Valuev has a contractual rematch set with Haye after Ruiz, probably earning 50% of the purse, and Vitali real goal is to fight Haye and add the WBA belt to his legacy. Not fighting Valuev means postponing the Haye fight for late in the year or 2011 and paying major step aside money to Valuev, not to mention there will be a mandatory fight between Meehan and Chagaev coming soon, which can get in the way as well. If you put all that into the picture, paying Valuev about 3.5 million for the fight is really not that much.

The way I see it, they are not that far, as former champion and one of the top HWs out there Valuev is entitled to at least 30% of the purse, which is the same a mandatory position makes. DKP and Sauerland already said this fight is worth 10 million or more and are ready to pay Vitali guaranteed money considering these numbers, so any offer to Valuev under 3 million is really lowballing.

You know, Vitali does not have that many options, the only good name he will land for that kind of money is Solis, maybe Dimitrenko.

As for Valuev, he can make a million purse fighting names like Golota, Maskaev, Botha, Rahman, Bowe, in fights he will surelly win and not risk his health, then wait for his rematch with Haye, where he will make close to the money Vitali is offering.

Heck, Valuev could even go for a fight against Peter, a bout he can win on his jab alone, and get the 2 million Vitali is offering, plus a mandatory shot at Vitali or Wlad.
11player is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #37
Rick G
Casual Fan
ESB Jr Member

Well, obviously Valuev is still in the mix...
Rick G is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #38
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Could Vitali be waiting to see the outcome of Haye/Ruiz?

If Ruiz beat Haye he couldn't do any better than get beaten up by Vitali for a huge payday.
kostya by ko is online now  Top
Old 02-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #39
Buddy87
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Just imagine, when Ruiz beats Haye and magically defeats Vitali by a rigged decision by the judges the world will freeze and stop as the people call out....RUIZ VS VALUEV III! Personally, I think from all the fights I've seen Ruiz fight ( excluding Tua ) including Jones Jr, Toney and holyfield. I think Valuev to me has beaten Ruiz the best by decision in the second fight, just the look on his face of feeling demoralized and ready to break down was shocking to me. First fight was good to me as well.
Buddy87 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 08:23 AM   #40
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Valuev should get rid of Don King and accept the K2 offer. He should do it before it is too late. King will lead him to edge of a cliff.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #41
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
Valuev should get rid of Don King and accept the K2 offer. He should do it before it is too late. King will lead him to edge of a cliff.
How should he do that? You think King will release him from his contract just like that? Why should he? If Valuev does a breach of contract he isn't fighting anyone, let alone Klitschko.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #42
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Im not sure there will be many TV companies that will be prepared to pay out for a Haye/ Valuev rematch.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #43
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

All very quiet on the Vitali vs Valuev negotiations. Is that a good sign or bad?
11player is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #44
Aint no stoppin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post
All very quiet on the Vitali vs Valuev negotiations. Is that a good sign or bad?
fight is dead!
Aint no stoppin is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 07:14 AM   #45
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Solis is mentioned as a possible replacement of Valuev.
Ivo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum