Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 07:28 AM   #46
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 1151
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
How should he do that? You think King will release him from his contract just like that? Why should he? If Valuev does a breach of contract he isn't fighting anyone, let alone Klitschko.
I am sure that Don King will not release him from the contract. Most of King fighters end up in court with him. So even if you do whatever Kings told you, someday you will have to seek justice in the court of law. I do not know anything about Valuev's contract but he should seek grounds to annul it.

Anyways, I am just disappointing of the current situation. King will do anything to prevent a unification fight. He blocks everything with that stupid WBA belt. It is a division within a division. Only his fighters fight for that belt in probably the most boring rematch series.

Let King promote featherweights or lightweights. I could not care less but he has been killing the most glamorous division.
Ivo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #47
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,041
vCash: 10000
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
I am sure that Don King will not release him from the contract. Most of King fighters end up in court with him. So even if you do whatever Kings told you, someday you will have to seek justice in the court of law. I do not know anything about Valuev's contract but he should seek grounds to annul it.

Anyways, I am just disappointing of the current situation. King will do anything to prevent a unification fight. He blocks everything with that stupid WBA belt. It is a division within a division. Only his fighters fight for that belt in probably the most boring rematch series.

Let King promote featherweights or lightweights. I could not care less but he has been killing the most glamorous division.
Why is it still considered the most glamorous?

Look at the talent at featherweight and lightweight, and think of the exciting potential matchups to be made.

Now look at the talent and potential matchups at HW.

King is the least of the "glamour" division's problems (though he is a problem).
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #48
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Let Valuev fight in the circus because that's what any of his Don King promoted fights will be.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #49
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post
If Vitali wanted this fight for a couple millions he really shouldn't have bothered calling Valuev bc it would never happen. Vitali has to pay to retire Valuev and take him out of the way of a Haye fight.

Everybody knows Vitali will win this, the crap about Valuev having a shot at the Wbc title is ridiculous.

People forget that Valuev has a contractual rematch set with Haye after Ruiz, probably earning 50% of the purse, and Vitali real goal is to fight Haye and add the WBA belt to his legacy. Not fighting Valuev means postponing the Haye fight for late in the year or 2011 and paying major step aside money to Valuev, not to mention there will be a mandatory fight between Meehan and Chagaev coming soon, which can get in the way as well. If you put all that into the picture, paying Valuev about 3.5 million for the fight is really not that much.

The way I see it, they are not that far, as former champion and one of the top HWs out there Valuev is entitled to at least 30% of the purse, which is the same a mandatory position makes. DKP and Sauerland already said this fight is worth 10 million or more and are ready to pay Vitali guaranteed money considering these numbers, so any offer to Valuev under 3 million is really lowballing.

You know, Vitali does not have that many options, the only good name he will land for that kind of money is Solis, maybe Dimitrenko.

As for Valuev, he can make a million purse fighting names like Golota, Maskaev, Botha, Rahman, Bowe, in fights he will surelly win and not risk his health, then wait for his rematch with Haye, where he will make close to the money Vitali is offering.

Heck, Valuev could even go for a fight against Peter, a bout he can win on his jab alone, and get the 2 million Vitali is offering, plus a mandatory shot at Vitali or Wlad.
At least one post makes sense.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #50
RyDogg123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Endz
Posts: 588
vCash: 1028
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Retireee!!
RyDogg123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #51
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,741
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Despite the smokescreen Vitali' people are blowing, the fight they want is really Valuev, it's quite clear by now. They keep increasing their "final" offers. Vitali is clearly interested in clearing the path to Haye.

Now, IMO, they are pretty close to making the fight, Vitali has a 2.5 offer on the table, Sauerland is found of it, but DKP still wants more money.

I believe DKP has already lowered their asking price from 4 million to 3.5 - 3.3 million, they will probably settle at 3 million.
11player is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:21 AM   #52
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 7,343
vCash: 248
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
He should retire IMO. He's getting on in years, had over 50 fights, and I think he's done as best he can in his career. He won a title and defended it a few times against decent contenders and I'm sure he's made some money in his career. I don't think there is a lot else for him to achieve and it sounded like he'd lost a bit of heart after the Haye fight.
Agreed
Son of Gaul is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:03 AM   #53
maverock
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Valuev will possibly fight Ray Austin in a WBC eliminator and try to become mandatory.
maverock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #54
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: From Parts Unknown
Posts: 5,136
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverock View Post
Valuev will possibly fight Ray Austin in a WBC eliminator and try to become mandatory.
Why the hell would he do that when Vitali is trying to sign the fight?

Would the mandatory split be more than the 2-3 million offered?
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:11 PM   #55
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,741
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

What do you guys think will happen now?

Will Valuev try to go directly with the rematch with Haye?

Will he opt to go back to the win column fighting a gatekeeper like Brewster, Golota, Rahman, Botha or Maskaev? or even a journeyman?

Will he go for the WBC mandatory eliminator against Austin?

Or would he be interested in a big lucrative fight with Peter for a shot at Wlad?

Sauerland and his coach already announced they plan to bring him back early June.
11player is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:26 AM   #56
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post
Despite the smokescreen Vitali' people are blowing, the fight they want is really Valuev, it's quite clear by now. They keep increasing their "final" offers. Vitali is clearly interested in clearing the path to Haye.

Now, IMO, they are pretty close to making the fight, Vitali has a 2.5 offer on the table, Sauerland is found of it, but DKP still wants more money.

I believe DKP has already lowered their asking price from 4 million to 3.5 - 3.3 million, they will probably settle at 3 million.
valuev v Vitali in in august sounds about right, There mad if they don't take that fight. it would be a massive fight.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #57
BoxingFan2010
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Calgary.Alberta.Canada
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 2217
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casamayor122 View Post
The rematch with Haye is a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. The Klitschkos will never fight him now that he doesn't have a belt. I can't see anyone fighting him except a young contender with something to prove. The Haye rematch is his retirement fund.
Bullshit! Vitali wants this fight but Valuev turned it down again. He was offered 2.5 this time. He has never, nor will he ever fight the klitschko's. If he did fight Vitali, Vitali would show Haye up by getting a KO in the first 4 rounds. Then both Haye & Valuev would look bad, why it will never happen!

Last edited by BoxingFan2010; 07-13-2010 at 09:08 AM. Reason: misspelled a word
BoxingFan2010 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #58
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFan2010 View Post
Bullshit! Vitali wants this fight but Valuev turned it down again. He was offered 2.5 this time. He has never, nor will he ever fight the klitschko's. If he did fight Vitali, Vitali would show Haye up by getting a KO in the first 4 rounds. Then both Haye & Valuev would look bad, why it will never happen!
Don King said the other day that the fight is almost finalized for October, FWIW. He's talked shit before though, so who knows.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #59
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,041
vCash: 10000
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus View Post
Don King said the other day that the fight is almost finalized for October, FWIW. He's talked shit before though, so who knows.
He's got to be desperate for a big money event, his old guard are all aging and/or splitting away (mostly in non-amicable and even litigious fashion) and he doesn't have much of a prospect stable.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask - are you the site admin at BLH? Good site for reviews and breakdowns. That and Fightwriter are my two preferred sources on boxing write-ups.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:23 PM   #60
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Badlefthook.com
Posts: 11,159
vCash: 75
Default Re: What now for Valuev?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
He's got to be desperate for a big money event, his old guard are all aging and/or splitting away (mostly in non-amicable and even litigious fashion) and he doesn't have much of a prospect stable.

BTW, I've been meaning to ask - are you the site admin at BLH? Good site for reviews and breakdowns. That and Fightwriter are my two preferred sources on boxing write-ups.
Not the admin, but one of the two or three main writers there. Scott Christ is the admin (and he does most of the fight previews), and Ted Sares writes as well. Usually Scott and I are on the same wavelength though.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013