Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 11:07 PM   #16
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Choc was guna fight Epifanio Mendoza (28-4-1, 24 KOs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Dawson would beat both Calzaghe and Kessler provided he could handle the weight. Guys like Dawson are just too hard to adapt too. Its why when people fought Roy, they threw half as many punches as they would in a normal fight (compubox stat). Because they couldn't figure out how to be effective without getting tagged. Same reason Adamek seemingly "freezed" up in his fight with Dawson. Nothing to do with heart. Just technically out gunned.
I agree about him being to hard to adapt to.

Dawson is basically a bigger framed Chris Byrd (in the respect they are tricky). Southpaws like these two seem very hard to fight however they do have certain fighters they get beaten by.

I dont think he is the truth but he is a good fighter and the weight WILL BE an issue he has some growing to do.

Last edited by teke; 09-27-2007 at 12:54 PM.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 11:21 PM   #17
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Choc was guna fight Epifanio Mendoza (28-4-1, 24 KOs)

I've also been very impressed with Dawson. He's a joy to watch and he is only going to get better.
I see him as the only guy out there that could beat Kessler at distance.
He does have flaws atm, hopefully these will be fixed through experience though.
The Adamek fight changed somewhat when he hit the canvas. Chad easily had the ability to win the remaining rounds after that knockdown, but instead ended up losing some of them.
I wouldn't say that he played it safe because he was so far ahead on the cards, because at times after that KD he looked vulnerable, and imo, his attack would have been his best defence.

I think Chad can reach top 3 p4p.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:05 AM   #18
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc was guna fight Epifanio Mendoza (28-4-1, 24 KOs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc#1
sorry but i disagree kessler would knock dawson out look what floyd snr had to say
Good trainer, but Floyd snr is a nut case
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:06 AM   #19
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fremantle, WA
Posts: 10,143
vCash: 1275
Default Re: Choc was guna fight Epifanio Mendoza (28-4-1, 24 KOs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Good trainer, but Floyd snr is a nut case
He is like the funniest trainer i have ever heard.
His diss of Chad Dawson had me losing it.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:08 AM   #20
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc was guna fight Epifanio Mendoza (28-4-1, 24 KOs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
He is like the funniest trainer i have ever heard.
His diss of Chad Dawson had me losing it.
him and lennox both are going for the receding hairline dread locks look
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:09 AM   #21
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc was guna fight Epifanio Mendoza (28-4-1, 24 KOs)

When i saw him and the pic of the predator....man that cracked me up!!
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:16 AM   #22
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc was guna fight Epifanio Mendoza (28-4-1, 24 KOs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
When i saw him and the pic of the predator....man that cracked me up!!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:31 AM   #23
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Choc was guna fight Epifanio Mendoza (28-4-1, 24 KOs)

WHO is the first guy?
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013