KOTF is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2009, 03:33 AM   #2
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley vs. Julian Jackson at 154

Shane would KO JJ. I loved to watch Jackson fight back in the day, but the fact is Shane has a very good chin and much pop in his punches. Not too say that if Jackson hits the Money shot that he couldn't KO Shane..but the facts are Shane has beaten much better fighters then Jackson..Shane has taken big shots over his career and never been stopped..And Shane speed and power would be too much for Jackson to overcome. Now if you want a poll to talk about. Edison M vs Jackson. Power vs Power.
Big T is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Shane would KO JJ. I loved to watch Jackson fight back in the day, but the fact is Shane has a very good chin and much pop in his punches. Not too say that if Jackson hits the Money shot that he couldn't KO Shane..but the facts are Shane has beaten much better fighters then Jackson..Shane has taken big shots over his career and never been stopped..And Shane speed and power would be too much for Jackson to overcome. Now if you want a poll to talk about. Edison M vs Jackson. Power vs Power.
As has been said before by the poster Xplosive, "Jackson would knock Miranda back to his homeless childhood".

Jackson is simply a higher level of fighter than Miranda.

Mosley's a higher level than Jackson, but wasn't really much special at 154. Controversial win over DLH, two losses to Winky, two wins over a faded Vargas (who hit him at will with straight rights in their first fight), struggle with Mayorga. Really the only time he's looked good at 154 was the rematch with Nando.

Mosley's aggressive, speedy-slugger style will get him in trouble here. Great chins sometimes get cracked. There's a pretty good chance this is the case here.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 04:47 AM   #4
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Great Chins do get cracked..but I will take a Great Chin over a not so great chin. Plus the guys you say Mosley struggle with..Winky..very good chin...ODH Great Chin...Mayorga..above avage chin. All had beter chins then Jackson. Plus Jackson was out boxed in many of his fights. I still feel that the speed, power, chin and skill lvl of Shane would put him over the top of Jackson.
Big T is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #5
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Mind you I have seen many of many Jacksons fights ((Not on UTube)) but on TV Live. He had that kind of power that with 1 shot ends it. This woudn't be a easy one, but Jackson could also be out boxed in fights. As long as Jackson is out for the next round he is a big time danger to knock you out. But again will say to much skill and very good chin of Shane would carry the day. And Please don't say that Terry Norrise had great skills also. Terry wasn't as good as Shane.
Big T is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
laxpdx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If Herol Graham wants to bend Mosley's ear about not taking this fight, Shane better lend it.
laxpdx is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Shane's worst weight vs Jacksons best.

Regardless of Shanes occasional flourishes of boxing beauty, the guy is an athletic slugger, let's be honest. He likes to trade, the footwork he employs (even at 135) is to get back in position to throw his bombs.

Now, Mosley has a fantastic chin. No doubt. But he has been hurt badly before, so it cannot be denied he is infallible in this respect.

Jackson lacks Forrests ranginess/big height advanatge. But he hits much harder.

Either Shane gets the better of an early exchange and stuns Jackson, stopping him with his back on the ropes. Or he gets caught with a peach and put down. Stunned badly, he's unable to grab hold of Jacksons legs and is stunned against a much better finisher than Forrest (R.I.P)

I say Jackson, K.O.3. Being a massive fan of Shanes, they're aren't many I'd pick to do that to him. I just don't feel he was at his best at 154. He's no McCallum either.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #8
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer View Post
As has been said before by the poster Xplosive, "Jackson would knock Miranda back to his homeless childhood".

Jackson is simply a higher level of fighter than Miranda.

Mosley's a higher level than Jackson, but wasn't really much special at 154. Controversial win over DLH, two losses to Winky, two wins over a faded Vargas (who hit him at will with straight rights in their first fight), struggle with Mayorga. Really the only time he's looked good at 154 was the rematch with Nando.

Mosley's aggressive, speedy-slugger style will get him in trouble here. Great chins sometimes get cracked. There's a pretty good chance this is the case here.

Very good post, I agree wholeheartedly. Jackson by KO would be my pick.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #9
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Jackson has a better chin than he is given credit for
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 12:42 PM   #10
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mosley was a decent at best 154lber.He'd be put into survival mode here, even if he doesn't get knocked out.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Hmm tough pick Great punch versus great chin on a head on clash. I actually think Jackson would be the man to crack Mosley's chin as this really isnt his weight class and I think JJ was avoided in his prime, which gets him pretty underrated.
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
Tin_Ribs
Me
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Shane's worst weight vs Jacksons best.

Regardless of Shanes occasional flourishes of boxing beauty, the guy is an athletic slugger, let's be honest. He likes to trade, the footwork he employs (even at 135) is to get back in position to throw his bombs.

Now, Mosley has a fantastic chin. No doubt. But he has been hurt badly before, so it cannot be denied he is infallible in this respect.

Jackson lacks Forrests ranginess/big height advanatge. But he hits much harder.

Either Shane gets the better of an early exchange and stuns Jackson, stopping him with his back on the ropes. Or he gets caught with a peach and put down. Stunned badly, he's unable to grab hold of Jacksons legs and is stunned against a much better finisher than Forrest (R.I.P)

I say Jackson, K.O.3. Being a massive fan of Shanes, they're aren't many I'd pick to do that to him. I just don't feel he was at his best at 154. He's no McCallum either.
Oui.
Tin_Ribs is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #13
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120

good question. really don't know the answer.
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 11-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #14
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Jackson is winning...Ill go for a points verdict.

As flea put it Shane just wasnt that good at 154. Even at his best he wasnt the puncher that a lot of people make out. He was very good in this regard still but other attributes of his were just as important in earning his stoppages.

Sugar will be in two minds as soon as he tastes Julian's power..Which given Shane's so-so defense and Jackson's fast starts, it wont be long before he gets a taste.

Julian takes a fairly lopsided decision IMO.

Last edited by WhataRock; 11-29-2009 at 01:56 AM.
WhataRock is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum