Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default I started the Pavlik Hype Train

That's right.

But the fight between Taylor is going to be closer than some of you haters think.

I'm still picking Pavlik by KO, but don't think Taylor is gonna get bitched out.

Taylor is hard as ****.

Fight is about 51/49 as far as I'm concerned.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
Vincent Gottschalk
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,010
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

I think Taylor is gonna put up a good hard fight but in the end is going to get a stopped in brutal style.
Vincent Gottschalk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Ivory Tower
Posts: 12,968
vCash: 588
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Taylor has trouble with welterweights and junior middleweights - and he has to rely on the HBO suits to get him gift decisions against some of those guys even! Hell he doesn't even seem to be able to fight those guys without getting buzzed.

I can't wait until Pavlik exposes him!
Zakman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 AM   #4
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,379
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

It looks like the Pavlik intoxication is starting to wear off on this board and people ready to walk away from the responsibility when Pavlik looses. Comparable to when people party too hard, wake up to a girl next in a bed and want to dip after realizing she aint that hot without those 5 long island ice tea's
bachatu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #5
jsimps
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Home of the Champ.
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 75
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Pavlik ko in 7. He left for NY, this morning. Has press conferences today, and will be NJ, AC by tonight.
jsimps is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #6
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 34660
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Taylor has trouble with welterweights and junior middleweights - and he has to rely on the HBO suits to get him gift decisions against some of those guys even! Hell he doesn't even seem to be able to fight those guys without getting buzzed.

I can't wait until Pavlik exposes him!
I love deniro as an actor and one of my fav movies of all time was,heat,but on a serious tip one of the biggest names on pavlik's record was a washed up jr middleweight way past his prime bronco mcKart,pavlik even managed to win a 8 round ud decision against ross thompson who vargas knocked out in 4 rounds.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delaware
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 356
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

You guys have it wrong. Everyone likes to point to the fights with Ouma and Spinks - who were/are both faster than Pavlik and Taylor.

Pavlik isn't fast on his feet or with his hands. And not only is Taylor faster - but has a better jab. Taylor boxes Pavlik and stops him around the 8th round. Manny and the Poconos have Taylor focused - watch and see.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #8
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

you started the pavlik hype train?

give yourself a pat on the back.

Last edited by Skital; 07-04-2006 at 11:44 PM.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #9
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
you started the pavlik hype train?

give yourself a pat on the back.
I am.

What you think this thread is about?
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #10
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 1000
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Taylor is not even in the mix of hard hitting, big MW's and SMW's. Pavlik by KO and very easily.

Taylor is good at fighting LMW's though.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #11
King Dan
Sugar Shane/Bad Chad
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 129
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Hey Amsterdam, you stole my signature under our screen name you bastard. Bad Chad Dawson.

Anyways, Taylor's jab will win him the early rounds but pavlik will be bringing it and it will be interesting to see how Jermain holds up.

I think he can, but will he? I don't know.......
King Dan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #12
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 34660
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dan
Hey Amsterdam, you stole my signature under our screen name you bastard. Bad Chad Dawson.

Anyways, Taylor's jab will win him the early rounds but pavlik will be bringing it and it will be interesting to see how Jermain holds up.

I think he can, but will he? I don't know.......
I think taylor could keep up a fast pace with pavlik,because pavlik doesn't have the hand or footspeed like winky,hopkins,spinks or ouma,taylor's overall speed and skills is gonna be too much for pavlik.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
King Dan
Sugar Shane/Bad Chad
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 129
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sug3
I think taylor could keep up a fast pace with pavlik,because pavlik doesn't have the hand or footspeed like winky,hopkins,spinks or ouma,taylor's overall speed and skills is gonna be too much for pavlik.
I feel ya! Don't get me wrong, both Taylor and Pavlik are 2 of my favorite 5 fighters.

I'm really remembering how easy it was for Winky to get Taylor against the ropes and how gassed Jermain was towards the end of the Hopkins fights in part 1.

I see Taylor winning early but getting hit pretty often after round 3.

This is going to be a great fight and I'm excited I will be in attendance with my lovely lady, brother and girfriend.
King Dan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #14
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,953
vCash: 34660
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dan
I feel ya! Don't get me wrong, both Taylor and Pavlik are 2 of my favorite 5 fighters.

I'm really remembering how easy it was for Winky to get Taylor against the ropes and how gassed Jermain was towards the end of the Hopkins fights in part 1.

I see Taylor winning early but getting hit pretty often after round 3.

This is going to be a great fight and I'm excited I will be in attendance with my lovely lady, brother and girfriend.
I like the fight to because this will bring out the best in both guy's and i wanna see my dog estrada rough berto's overhyped a** up also.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:37 PM   #15
King Dan
Sugar Shane/Bad Chad
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,793
vCash: 129
Default Re: I started the Pavlik Hype Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sug3
I like the fight to because this will bring out the best in both guy's and i wanna see my dog estrada rough berto's overhyped a** up also.
Definitely a good possibility.

Berto will have to prove his worth come Saturday night.

Both fights feature guys with everything to prove.
King Dan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013