Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #31
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Soviet Fighters- Injuries

There is documented evidence that the soviets were doping; however, the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 (16 years ago), as did the athletic program. Most of the current former Soviet fighters are too young to have received much by the way of steroids, so I doubt this is really the case. For Maskaev and Vitali, maybe I can see it, but the other former soviets are too young.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #32
Doomas
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 680

Doping theory is bs, the main reason of injuries is training methods and theres shit loads of trainers these days (in both Russia and ex SU countreys) that still use the same methods wich were used 20 + ears ago.
Doomas is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 05:10 PM   #33
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler
This guy falls into the insecure/jealous Pole category.

Dont mind him.
Jealous of what? Ur upset cuz i said I thought Briggs beat Adamek twice. That makes me objective. Somebody got upset at me for saying it. You remembered that I'm Polish so I'm guessing it was u. There are people on this site who will never say anything negative against fighters of their same heritage. Never!

Anyway, I'm not jealous about the Eastern European fighters. When I want to watch an exciting heavyweight fight I'll go throw in a tape of Holyfield/Bowe or Tua/Ibeabuchi. When I want to watch a good interview I'll watch Mike Tyson. Even Lennox Lewis had a little dry wit that was fun.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #34
drunkenspaniard
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I read an article a few years back about how a lot of older, former USSR Olympians (no just boxers) were having health related issues as a result of the steroids they took during competition. However, as many of the other posters have stated, most of the boxers would've been far too young to have been subjected to steroids. That's just my two cents.
drunkenspaniard is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 05:28 PM   #35
Orang-Utan Jim
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Arums statement is pure nonsense. He takes two former Soviet boxer (Klitschko, Maskaev) who are coincidally injured at almost the same time to make a blanket word like this about "the" Soviet boxers.
Why in hell for example Wlad Klitschko is almost never injured or Valuev or Chagaev (Hep B is not soviet) or Ibragimov or Ivan Drago?

And the americans or western europeans took and take steroids all over the country as well as the russians. But never injured???

So Arum maybe just tried to discredit the Soviets with that statement. I don´t know....a proper explanation is not needed, because Maskaev for example never was injured in his career until now at the age of 38. So Arum should better shut up.
Orang-Utan Jim is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #36
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Didn't Arum once confess in front of a boxing commission in the 90's that '...yesterday I was lying, today I'm telling the truth.' If indeed it was him, yeah, no credibility issues at all...
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 07:58 PM   #37
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orang-Utan Jim
Arums statement is pure nonsense. He takes two former Soviet boxer (Klitschko, Maskaev) who are coincidally injured at almost the same time to make a blanket word like this about "the" Soviet boxers.
Why in hell for example Wlad Klitschko is almost never injured or Valuev or Chagaev (Hep B is not soviet) or Ibragimov or Ivan Drago?

And the americans or western europeans took and take steroids all over the country as well as the russians. But never injured???

So Arum maybe just tried to discredit the Soviets with that statement. I donīt know....a proper explanation is not needed, because Maskaev for example never was injured in his career until now at the age of 38. So Arum should better shut up.
It's not a good idea to be spreading rumors about steroids. It's defamation of one's character and it's wrong.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 08:37 PM   #38
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Jealous of what? Ur upset cuz i said I thought Briggs beat Adamek twice. That makes me objective. Somebody got upset at me for saying it. You remembered that I'm Polish so I'm guessing it was u. There are people on this site who will never say anything negative against fighters of their same heritage. Never!

Anyway, I'm not jealous about the Eastern European fighters. When I want to watch an exciting heavyweight fight I'll go throw in a tape of Holyfield/Bowe or Tua/Ibeabuchi. When I want to watch a good interview I'll watch Mike Tyson. Even Lennox Lewis had a little dry wit that was fun.
I'm sorry that they make you feel uncomfortable in your own skin.

I'm sure you wish they went back to the days of being BROKE so that you can feel like you are BIGGER and BETTER than everyone everytime you visit.

You should be lined up and shot!
PolishPummler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum