Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 11:39 AM   #1
Sheikh
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

In the first fight Peter took bombs for all 12 rounds... and he was only wobbled once. I thought if the 12th round was longer Vlad could have finished Sam off or at least gotten a KD... but it didnt happen.

So do u guys think he can last the distance with Vlad again?

Even Lamon Brewster who has one of the best chins in boxing could only go 6 rounds with Vlad
Sheikh is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Waldo finishing Sam in the 12th is another great ESB fallacy. Sam had recovered in all of 5 seconds. He wobbled but got his bearings long before Waldo even got another jab off.

I think you need to consider who hit the deck 3 times in the first place. Waldo would be lucky to make 12 rounds again, let alone be enabled to clinch 96 tmes over 12 rounds.
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

if Peter tries to box him like he did Toney than no, he may not see the 12th round.
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 AM   #4
vonBanditos
Mσderator
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
Waldo finishing Sam in the 12th is another great ESB fallacy. Sam had recovered in all of 5 seconds. He wobbled but got his bearings long before Waldo even got another jab off.

I think you need to consider who hit the deck 3 times in the first place. Waldo would be lucky to make 12 rounds again, let alone be enabled to clinch 96 tmes over 12 rounds.
It's a complete tossup for me. I feel that Peter has significantly improved, but I also feel that Wladimir fought afraid the first time around. When he did commit he did wobble Peter, even if it was brief. If he felt confident as a result of the first fight he might do better, though he's still so tentative these days.

I wouldn't know what to expect. That's why I love boxing and I'd love a rematch.
vonBanditos is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #5
Zerwas1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

If it's about beer, than jeah
Zerwas1 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:02 PM   #6
King Dan
Sugar Shane/Bad Chad
ESB Addict

vCash: 129

In a rematch, I'd go with Peter TKO9 Klit
King Dan is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #7
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonBanditos
It's a complete tossup for me. I feel that Peter has significantly improved, but I also feel that Wladimir fought afraid the first time around. When he did commit he did wobble Peter, even if it was brief. If he felt confident as a result of the first fight he might do better, though he's still so tentative these days.
I don't see Sam attacking Waldo the same way he did Toney. Waldo is a big target and so Sam doesn't have to pick his punches so much. He is also very open defensively if you can close the gap between him and you. I do however think Sam would go to the body more in a rematch.

Waldo on the other hand is going to do exactly what he did the first time, which is try to negate all offense inside. He won't let Sam get off because he knows it can end on one bomb.

Quote:
I wouldn't know what to expect. That's why I love boxing and I'd love a rematch.
No mistake about it this is the top contest at heavyweight today. I think when these two first met up the ESPN board was absolutely hopping, and the gate sales for Waldo-Sam were pretty good as well.

With both holding a title and a rematch of a close first fight, this is a fight that sells itself.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #8
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 14587

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dan
In a rematch, I'd go with Peter TKO9 Klit
Vitali can say he would fight peter,but then he would eventually fake a injury moments before the fight and wladimir know's peter has gotten better and peter's the last name he would talk about fighting.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
I don't see Sam attacking Waldo the same way he did Toney. Waldo is a big target and so Sam doesn't have to pick his punches so much. He is also very open defensively if you can close the gap between him and you. I do however think Sam would go to the body more in a rematch.

Waldo on the other hand is going to do exactly what he did the first time, which is try to negate all offense inside. He won't let Sam get off because he knows it can end on one bomb.

No mistake about it this is the top contest at heavyweight today. I think when these two first met up the ESPN board was absolutely hopping, and the gate sales for Waldo-Sam were pretty good as well.

With both holding a title and a rematch of a close first fight, this is a fight that sells itself.
I'd pay for the ppv.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:14 PM   #10
LennoxGOAT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Wlad would win easily.

Even if Wlad would get caught with "one bomb," he still would be able to recover as Peter's skills aren't good enough to finish. Wlad has never been beaten by "one bomb" so I don't see Peter starting something that has never happened after all of Wlad's fights.
LennoxGOAT is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #11
wrastla285
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sug3
Vitali can say he would fight peter,but then he would eventually fake a injury moments before the fight and wladimir know's peter has gotten better and peter's the last name he would talk about fighting.
had no clue beating an old shot james toney made you "better" or improved.
wrastla285 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #12
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrastla285
It does when that old shot fighter has draws/victories with then reigning champions.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #13
Sug3
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrastla285
I dont call a shot james toney giving rahman a good fight,outclassed ruiz and last time i looked he beat the brakes off of holyfield who is now fighting for a title shot.
Sug3 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #14
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i recorded all of wlad's clinches and it came to about 61 and the excess came in two rounds from memory. the other rounds were quite average or even below average for a heavyweight fight

haters add an extra 30 or so just cause they are blinded by bias.

also wladimir went down once from a punch. the other two were bullshit, especially in the replay when you can see they weren't legit. hell, even the one legit kd didn't really hurt him if you looked at how he went down and got back up. kinda like the off balance shot williamson hit him with.

wladimir will only have more confidence in a rematch. like brewster in his rematch with wlad, sam will have LESS confidence in the rematch. brewster knew he got lucky last time... and peters knows he was lucky that wladimir crowded himself when he went in to ko or kd peters when he was hurt. in fact peters was momentarily hurt in the FIRST ROUND from a left hook, which saw him bobbing up and down like a yo-yo to avoid a follow up

if peters tries to bring is lame newfound boxing skills to the rematch he will only get ko'ed. no one has a chance at wladimir's specialty. corrie sanders won by spontaneous flurry of action, which caught wladimir unprepared, while brewster and purrity won by doing a Homer Simpson.

peters MIGHT be improved but beating up a nearly 40 year old obese roided middleweight with no power - after nearly losing the first contest! - does not bode well for him. wladimir has only gotten more comfortable and relaxed in the ring. wlad has improved WAY more than peters.

wlad will kick your "Saviours" ass again and school him even more so. im even confident he'll ko peters next time round... provided peters can prove he belongs with the elite by beating another 40'ish heavy in maskaev

sorry but clutching for straws out of desperation will not allow you to think objectively
dragosuhail is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #15
dragosuhail
Contender
ESB Senior Member

ambition def and sug3... come on.

so what if toney did okay for a middleweight against them? he was roided when he beat ruiz who isn't exactly a great champ. and rahman? he wasn't exactly a sharpshooter and in shape himself was he? sure build up tony's wins to in turn make peters look good but if you dont start looking at the reality on the ground, you'll just end up embarrassed in the local pub when your buddies say "so you are hardcore boxing fan huh? i thought peters was supposed to win the rematch?"

seriously, you might hate wladimir... oh sorry it's waldo but it makes you look silly when you constantly keep avoiding sound logic and going with your heart every time out.
dragosuhail is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum