Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #16
Irländsk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

I can't see Peter lasting past the 9th round I think Wlad will hurt him early, wear him down with heavy jabs a straight rights, then start with the leading left hooks when he has Peter's eyes well swollen, probably around rd. 7, then its just a matter of time before he drops him and I have a felling when Peter goes down he will have trouble picking himself up. Peter is a few classes below Wlad in skill and I can't even see him catching Klitschko with his wild rabbit punches in this one.

Wlad KO9
Irländsk is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #17
Ambition_Def
**** the people.
ESB Addict

61? I suggest you get your eyes checked out. 96 I counted and at the time I didn't hate Waldo near as much as I do now.

Other people with a bit more objectivity towards Waldo had him at 91 or so.

So, that puts you in the neighborhood of Waldo apologist. Sorry!
Ambition_Def is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #18
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Wlad will win even more easily, he fought extremely cautious in the first fight because he was at a turning point in his career, a make-or-break fight, now that Peter is found out and Wlad has regained his confidence over the last 2 years this will be a onesided beatdown.
NBT is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 01:04 PM   #19
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

You guys are so full of shit. Ambition_Def, King Dan & Friends are ****ing touching themselves. No way does Wlad fear that one dimensional lard ass. If the 2 meet again Wlad will KO him for sure.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #20
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sug3
Vitali can say he would fight peter,but then he would eventually fake a injury moments before the fight and wladimir know's peter has gotten better and peter's the last name he would talk about fighting.
Yeah right. That's why everyone & their mother is calling out Peter for a shot at an undeserving lard-ass who happens to have gotten a blet without even fighting for it.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #21
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
It does when that old shot fighter has draws/victories with then reigning champions.
............and you forgot to mention how he won that fight against Ruiz while using steriods

............and you also neglected to mention that Toney went on to almost lose against a tomato can level fighter named Batchelder. Never heard of Batchelder? Neither did I til he got robbed vs. a way over the hill Toney.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #22
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Also since when was the first match close ? Sam won 2 rounds.
Daruf is online now  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #23
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Peter can take anything Wlad has to offer. He walked through his right hands all night and I'm sure he could do it again. I wouldn't recommend it for health reasons but I know he's capable of it. That was one of my favorite fights and I'll never forget how excited I was for weeks for it to start. I have not questioned Wlad's heart since. He was a man that night and u gotta give him credit. I think a rematch is a pick 'em fight but nobody can ever take that night away from Wladimir cuz he came through when he had to.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #24
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

In my view, Peter and Wlad have both improved since they first fought. Not sure who would win should they do it again, but I see no reason why Peter couldn't once again last the full twelve.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #25
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
Waldo finishing Sam in the 12th is another great ESB fallacy. Sam had recovered in all of 5 seconds. He wobbled but got his bearings long before Waldo even got another jab off.

I think you need to consider who hit the deck 3 times in the first place. Waldo would be lucky to make 12 rounds again, let alone be enabled to clinch 96 tmes over 12 rounds.
What is a total fallacy to me is the fact that rhetoric by itself can draw the opposite picture on past situations regardless of predicting future scenarios with the same players... It is often said that the eyes only see what they want to see, the ole problem of perception vs reality, and I think that reducing the whole fight to that 12th round great left hook is a striking example of that... Wlad boxed beautifully throughout the whole fight and his sense of timing enabled him to create situations like that in the 12th whereas Peter maybe has not evolved to match Klitschko's superior skill as yet... Wlad would be the betting favourite but that applies almost to any heavyweight other than Peter, problem is that Klitschko still gat to fight em and he can ( and I repeat can) lose to almost anyone at the same time...

Last edited by Dorfmeister; 09-26-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #26
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanJew
Wladimirs confidence and attack has improved greatly since that bout, while Peters improvements have been limited. He is still very easy to hit and his basic boxing skills and slow hands are nothing competitive against Wladimir. Wladimir got knocked down twice from rabbit punches and he still won the fight easily even fighting tentatively like he did.

Wladimir by KO round 11. It would just be a matter of hitting Peter with enough jabs and right Hands and left hooks. I have no doubt Wladimir would KO him in a rematch
It's pretty simple really. Once you go 12 rounds with a fighter as dangerous and imposing as Peter everything else seems easy. Wladimir probably chuckled to himself when Byrd and Brock landed their punches on him (if they landed any to begin with).
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 03:30 PM   #27
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

He could, but I wouldn't bet on it. I would pick a Wladimir Klitschko stoppage win the second time around.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #28
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Peter could go 12th with Wlad but I feel it would serve him better to go right after Wlads weak chin early in the fight, Peter was able to hit and hurt Wlad in the first I cant see why he couldnt do it again. Peter hit Wlad behind the head when Wlads head was down and his head was turned away from Peter, they were pefectly legal punches and if they werent dont you think Peter would of at least got a warning.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 05:17 PM   #29
BoxingGuru
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Scam cheater would lose. And lose bad.
BoxingGuru is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #30
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikh
In the first fight Peter took bombs for all 12 rounds... and he was only wobbled once. I thought if the 12th round was longer Vlad could have finished Sam off or at least gotten a KD... but it didnt happen.

So do u guys think he can last the distance with Vlad again?

Even Lamon Brewster who has one of the best chins in boxing could only go 6 rounds with Vlad

Wlad was being overcautious due to earlier disasters (Brewster, Sanders). Manny told him emphatically to stick to his gameplan.

But for that, he would probably have followed up on that big wobbler shot and KO'd Peter.

He won 9 of 12 rounds and got the W.
cuchulain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum