Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 08:00 PM   #46
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Weight
Could never happen, WALDO has an iron jaw didn't you know? Also his defeats have all been erased from his record, and all previous knockdowns have been explained, his chin has never been a factor, apparently.

Of course... how could I be so silly?


Didn't he get laid out my some golfer/turned boxer a few years ago?
swedeone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #47
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
No... I'm buying into the "Wlad has NO chin and hasn't fought a guy with a fuccin pulse in 2 years" machine. If Sam could knock Wlad down with 3 glancing blows, what'll happen when he actually lands a REAL power shot?

I'll tell you what'll happen... lights out Wlad. Mark my words... it is coming.
Peter was undefeated before he fought Wladimir, now he isn't anymore.

Byrd was coming off several big wins against much larger fighters than himself before being beaten badly & TKO'd for only the 2nd time in his career.

Brock was undefeated before he fought Wladimir, now he isn't anymore.

Austin, I believe, was coming off a 5 year stretch in which he hadn't lost a single fight and he had a draw vs. Sultan who is the current WBO champion. Wladimir re-introduced Ray to losing by a viscious one armed TKO, he didn't even throw a right hand leading up to that point.

Brewster was supposed to be like Kryptonite to Wladimir because of his great chin, big heart & huge punch. Well Superman beat the fight outta that Kryptonite and made him quit.

What was your point again.......................
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #48
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
Of course... how could I be so silly?


Didn't he get laid out my some golfer/turned boxer a few years ago?
So we've resorted to "The retired Golfer" bullshit......................

Pathetic dude, I know you can do better than that Not much but you're making this too easy.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #49
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Haye is the HW Willie Pep!
Posts: 7,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
Of course... how could I be so silly?


Didn't he get laid out my some golfer/turned boxer a few years ago?
That one didn't count - it has been proven many times that WALD would have won that fight, but for the punishment he shipped.
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:07 PM   #50
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Haye is the HW Willie Pep!
Posts: 7,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Peter was undefeated before he fought Wladimir, now he isn't anymore.

Byrd was coming off several big wins against much larger fighters than himself before being beaten badly & TKO'd for only the 2nd time in his career.

Brock was undefeated before he fought Wladimir, now he isn't anymore.

Austin, I believe, was coming off a 5 year stretch in which he hadn't lost a single fight and he had a draw vs. Sultan who is the current WBO champion. Wladimir re-introduced Ray to losing by a viscious one armed TKO, he didn't even throw a right hand leading up to that point.

Brewster was supposed to be like Kryptonite to Wladimir because of his great chin, big heart & huge punch. Well Superman beat the fight outta that Kryptonite and made him quit.

What was your point again.......................
Fancy trying to make Austin sound like a world-beater, that's pathetic even by the average Klit-ite standards

Like it or not, WALD is currently 1-1 with Brewster, and 0-1 with both Purrity and Sanders, what a champ
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #51
swedeone
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Peter was undefeated before he fought Wladimir, now he isn't anymore.

Byrd was coming off several big wins against much larger fighters than himself before being beaten badly & TKO'd for only the 2nd time in his career.

Brock was undefeated before he fought Wladimir, now he isn't anymore.

Austin, I believe, was coming off a 5 year stretch in which he hadn't lost a single fight and he had a draw vs. Sultan who is the current WBO champion. Wladimir re-introduced Ray to losing by a viscious one armed TKO, he didn't even throw a right hand leading up to that point.

Brewster was supposed to be like Kryptonite to Wladimir because of his great chin, big heart & huge punch. Well Superman beat the fight outta that Kryptonite and made him quit.

What was your point again.......................

Everyone knows that Peter should have never been in the ring with Wlad the first time around and that he was WAY TOO GREEN. If you can't admit that then you aren't worthy to even discuss boxing, period. So Wlad beat a baby Peter by 3 points. Big fuccin-whoopidee-doo-da. Now that Wlad is in his prime and Sam has had a few more fights to season himself a bit more, they can go at it again in early 2008. If the referee doesn't allow Wlad to hold the whole damn fight, he IS going down. I guarantee Wlad kisses the canvas. Only difference this time is that it won't be from a glancing blow, it'll be from a pure power shot that he won't make ip up from.

I'll say it again... it's COMING folks.
swedeone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #52
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Muirthemne
Posts: 10,497
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
No... I'm buying into the "Wlad has NO chin and hasn't fought a guy with a fuccin pulse in 2 years" machine.


Comparison of Wlad and Sam's opponents in the past two years:

Wlad

Lamon Brewster (33-3-0, 29 KOs) WBO heavywt champion (KO rd 6)

Ray Austin (24-3-4, 16 KOs) (KO rd 2)

Calvin Brock (29-0-0, 22 KOs) (KO rd7 )

Chris Byrd (39-2-1, 20 KO's) WBO heavywt champion (KO rd7 )

Samuel Peter (24-0-0, 21 KOs) UD 114-111

Rounds lost: 2


Sam


James Toney (69-5-3, 43 KOs) UD 118-110

James Toney (69-4-3, 43 KOs) Split decision

Julius Long (14-7-0, 7 KOs) (KO rd 1)

Robert Hawkins (21-4-0, 7 KOs) (KO rd 10)

Wladimir Klitschko (44-3-0) Lost UD 111-114

Rounds lost: approximately 16


Re: your post, need I say more?

Last edited by cuchulain; 09-26-2007 at 10:06 PM.
cuchulain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #53
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Weight
That one didn't count - it has been proven many times that WALD would have won that fight, but for the punishment he shipped.
The punishment he shipped? I don't get it.

Anyway, although Wlad has losses on his record he has yet to ever be one & done or counted out. That says a lot for a guy who had very little defense early in his career. He still has the best offence in the HW game today. He has power in both hands, an amazingly accurate & hard jab, a tricky left hook with power and a killer right hand. I didn't say his chin was granite but it sure isn't glass or he would've been out cold from the very first knockdown by Sanders, never mind the 2nd or 3rd.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:13 PM   #54
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Haye is the HW Willie Pep!
Posts: 7,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

I thought WALD was supposed to be fighting Tua anyway, what happened to that?
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:15 PM   #55
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Haye is the HW Willie Pep!
Posts: 7,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Comparison of Wlad and Sam's opponents in the past two years:

Wlad

Lamon Brewster (33-3-0, 29 KOs) WBO heavywt champion (KO rd 6)

Ray Austin (24-3-4, 16 KOs) (KO rd 2)

Calvin Brock (29-0-0, 22 KOs) (KO rd7 )

Chris Byrd (39-2-1, 20 KO's) WBO heavywt champion (KO rd7 )

Samuel Peter (24-0-0, 21 KOs) UD 114-111

Rounds lost: 0


Sam


James Toney (69-5-3, 43 KOs) UD 118-110

James Toney (69-4-3, 43 KOs) Split decision

Julius Long (14-7-0, 7 KOs) (KO rd 1)

Robert Hawkins (21-4-0, 7 KOs) (KO rd 10)

Wladimir Klitschko (44-3-0) Lost UD 111-114

Rounds lost: approximately 16


Re: your post, need I say more?
If you think that WALD didn't lose any rounds in all those fights then no, you needn't say any more, you've pretty much said enough.
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #56
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Weight
Fancy trying to make Austin sound like a world-beater, that's pathetic even by the average Klit-ite standards

Like it or not, WALD is currently 1-1 with Brewster, and 0-1 with both Purrity and Sanders, what a champ
Rookie mistake vs. Purrity. He shot his load early trying to impress the hometeam fans and he paid for it.

Sanders proved you need to prepare properly and never take an opponent lightly. He didn't even spar vs. any lefties leading up to that fight and Sanders is very fast with the delivery of very straight accurate punches. His stamina is shit but how much did that matter in their bout?

Brewster got lucky that something was wrong with Wlad's blood sugar levels, and he still couldn't KO Wlad The rematch proved that was a fluke and Lamon had no answers whatsoever.

Besides, 3 losses and almost 50 wins is something to brag about.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #57
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedeone
Everyone knows that Peter should have never been in the ring with Wlad the first time around and that he was WAY TOO GREEN. If you can't admit that then you aren't worthy to even discuss boxing, period. So Wlad beat a baby Peter by 3 points. Big fuccin-whoopidee-doo-da. Now that Wlad is in his prime and Sam has had a few more fights to season himself a bit more, they can go at it again in early 2008. If the referee doesn't allow Wlad to hold the whole damn fight, he IS going down. I guarantee Wlad kisses the canvas. Only difference this time is that it won't be from a glancing blow, it'll be from a pure power shot that he won't make ip up from.

I'll say it again... it's COMING folks.
I'll say it again, Wlad has yet to be out cold from any punches, let alone out cold from a single shot.

You're dreaming..................
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #58
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Long Island, New York & Clayton, North Carolina
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 2811
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchulain
Comparison of Wlad and Sam's opponents in the past two years:

Wlad

Lamon Brewster (33-3-0, 29 KOs) WBO heavywt champion (KO rd 6)

Ray Austin (24-3-4, 16 KOs) (KO rd 2)

Calvin Brock (29-0-0, 22 KOs) (KO rd7 )

Chris Byrd (39-2-1, 20 KO's) WBO heavywt champion (KO rd7 )

Samuel Peter (24-0-0, 21 KOs) UD 114-111

Rounds lost: 0


Sam


James Toney (69-5-3, 43 KOs) UD 118-110

James Toney (69-4-3, 43 KOs) Split decision

Julius Long (14-7-0, 7 KOs) (KO rd 1)

Robert Hawkins (21-4-0, 7 KOs) (KO rd 10)

Wladimir Klitschko (44-3-0) Lost UD 111-114

Rounds lost: approximately 16


Re: your post, need I say more?
The mighty Hawkins lasted 10 rounds yet these imbeciles think Peter will KO Klitschko early......................
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:22 PM   #59
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,127
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
I'll say it again, Wlad has yet to be out cold from any punches, let alone out cold from a single shot.

You're dreaming..................
But you would agree that the first fight with Lamon Brewter would of went longer, brewster would of knocked him out correct?
box03 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:23 PM   #60
Fighting Weight
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Haye is the HW Willie Pep!
Posts: 7,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
Sanders proved you need to prepare properly and never take an opponent lightly. He didn't even spar vs. any lefties leading up to that fight and Sanders is very fast with the delivery of very straight accurate punches. His stamina is shit but how much did that matter in their bout?

Brewster got lucky that something was wrong with Wlad's blood sugar levels, and he still couldn't KO Wlad The rematch proved that was a fluke and Lamon had no answers whatsoever.
Sanders was a decent heavyweight in his prime, a fringe contender. He beat the snot out of WALD when he was at least 5 years past that prime, WALDS preparation for that fight is WALDS fault. Still, VITLAY avenged that one so alls well eh?

Still spouting the old blood sugar shit on the Brewster fight too eh? Keep doing it long enough and someone might believe it. Amazing that his blood sugar went to pot just after Brewster landed a big left hook
Fighting Weight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013