Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #106
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811
Default Re: Could Sam Peter go another 12 rounds with Wlad?

I agree with that post, Lewis is far more accomplished than either Klit but Wlad's story has yet to be written entirely.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #107
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
Wrong. You obviously didn't see the fight.

He caught Sykes and knocked the man out while he was still on his feet. The guy then ate 2 punches as he was crashing to the canvas. He woke up on the canvas. FACT.
I did see the fight but I guess I'll re-check my recollection.

For the record I suffered through my slow video PC and rewatched the first left hook landed by Lamon in the first fight Fightingweight, his hands were down before the punch was thrown and he half heartedly tried to raise them to block the shot. So, in other words, I was correct & you were wrong! In fact Wlad's actually leading with his head and breathing with his mouth wide open so you can see his mouthpiece prior to that left hook.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #108
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Weight
OK fair enough.

You re-watch the Brewster fight and then come back tomorrow and still tell me that WALD had his hands by his waist when Brewster landed that first big left hook, I dare you

Also, there's nothing wrong with being a Lewis fan AND a Klitschko fan, as long as you acknowladge who the best fighter of the 3 is, and his name doesn't start with 'K' Believe it or not I was once a huge fan of both the Klits, starting with VITLAY beating Hide, who I hated. Since I used this site and Lewis beat VITLAY my views on them have become somewhat tainted, due to the idiocy that surrounds both of them. Not the fighters fault (AS I'VE ALWAYS STATED) but it's made me an angry man
The moments in the fight you were discussing are at this link:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 10:08 PM   #109
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Got to go hang with my wife downstairs before I'm divorced! I'll check back at this thread tomorrow to see what you bitches have been saying about me behind my back!

Ambition_Def, I think I might be confusing Peter's fight with Diaz with his fight aginst Sykes. I def. saw it though, it was on ESPN I think.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #110
Mrvooh

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sug3
Vitali can say he would fight peter,but then he would eventually fake a injury moments before the fight and wladimir know's peter has gotten better and peter's the last name he would talk about fighting.
You think Vitali is fakijng??
I know he Williams sisters are known for that in Tennis, but boxing has more injuries by far.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #111
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL
That could be true but it's really all about the jab. Wlad has a great one & nobody in the HW's has anything to compete. That sets up all his power punches, he hooks off the jab & lands the big right hand after a good solid jab. He could use some more head movement to go with his improved footwork though, that would keep his opponents from landing anything significant in the first place.
I watch alot of my tapes of Wlad frequently to pick up flaws and weaknesses, I even went as far as messaging Lamon Brewster on his MYSPACE page to give him some advice. After his 2nd fight with Brewster I realized it wont be an easy task to get inside on Wlad an unload, I feel a fighter with a strong chin and power can give Wlad trouble but still not sure if they could beat him.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 10:51 PM   #112
TheGoldenBoy#1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think people forget that Klitschko won about 35 and half out of 36 minutes in that fight. No way peter has improved that MUCH. Wlad has deffo improved and at the very least Wlad s defence has gotten better. If Peter was going to ko klitschko he d have done it first time around. Anybody who thinks otherwise casts boxing logic aside in favour of blind hatred of klitshcko
TheGoldenBoy#1 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 11:07 PM   #113
Slothrop
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambition_Def
Waldo finishing Sam in the 12th is another great ESB fallacy. Sam had recovered in all of 5 seconds. He wobbled but got his bearings long before Waldo even got another jab off.

I think you need to consider who hit the deck 3 times in the first place. Waldo would be lucky to make 12 rounds again, let alone be enabled to clinch 96 tmes over 12 rounds.

**** that. Peter was on chicken legs after that sick left hook and would've been out of there had Wlad not stuck to his cautious strategy.
Slothrop is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 11:10 PM   #114
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothrop
**** that. Pete was on chicken legs after that sick left hook and would've been out of there had Wlad not stuck to his cautious strategy.
And Peter would of knocked Wlad out when he had him hurt if he wouldve took a step back and not smothered his punches, thers alot of what ifs in that fight for both Wlad and Peter.
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #115
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoldenBoy#1
I think people forget that Klitschko won about 35 and half out of 36 minutes in that fight. No way peter has improved that MUCH. Wlad has deffo improved and at the very least Wlad s defence has gotten better. If Peter was going to ko klitschko he d have done it first time around. Anybody who thinks otherwise casts boxing logic aside in favour of blind hatred of klitshcko
Exactly.
RUSKULL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum