Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
bryan_74
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Sam Peter vs. Jameel McCline is Official!

As previously reported on other threads here at ESB. Just thought I would put it on the front page.

Source: sho.com
bryan_74 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Default Re: Sam Peter vs. Jameel McCline is Official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
Great news, this is a much better fight than what Golota and McCall fanboys were hoping for.
Why? McCall has the chin to hang with Peter and has beaten some decent fighters in the past 5 or 6 years (Diaz, Sam, Akinwande, Saleta) which is better than what Briggs has done lately. Not to mention the fact that McCall fights like he actually wants to be in the ring whereas McCline is a giant who fights like a mouse. This is not a better fight than Peter/McCall but this is what we're getting so this is what I'll watch.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
Loufatski
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Why? McCall has the chin to hang with Peter and has beaten some decent fighters in the past 5 or 6 years (Diaz, Sam, Akinwande, Saleta) which is better than what Briggs has done lately. Not to mention the fact that McCall fights like he actually wants to be in the ring whereas McCline is a giant who fights like a mouse. This is not a better fight than Peter/McCall but this is what we're getting so this is what I'll watch.
Yep, all about "C" level fighters.
Loufatski is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #4
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 02:01 PM   #5
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Bullshit! I have no idea why McCall gets so much credit here. The guy is old and slow as **** now-a-days and he's never had great defensive skills so I don't see him being able to fend off much of what Peter throws his way. That's an easy win for Peter IMO.

While McCline is a bonafide top 10 contender who is quicker than Peter in almost every way and has much more refined skill. Trust me this is going to be a much better scrap than people give it credit for.
McCall gets credit because he should have been gone years ago but is still competitive and always comes into fights in shape. Throw in an iron chin and you've got a handful for anybody.

McCline is a bonafide top 10 contender??? Stick to the other weight classes cuz u don't know shit about the heavyweights. Wlad, Peter, Oleg, Byrd, Ibragimov, Chagaev, Valuev, Dimitrenko, Virchis, Brock, Lyhakovich, and shot Brewster are all better than McCline so how does he make the top 10? By the way, McCline is 0-4 against that list. Peter is gonna win this fight and easily I might add.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #6
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

How is this great?
A champion stepping to the side, getting stripped from his titles and Peter jumps in and takes it, "defends" against Jameel McCline who does not deserve it? Well, Peter will knock him out and people will be praising Peter as if he beaten the #1 guy out there.
I'm not nagging on Peter because he obviously has nothing to do with this, but heavyweight is getting worse and worse, Ruiz, Rahman and now Peter gets their titles outside the ring, it's a shame, it's not great.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Something is better than nothing. Could have been no fight on Oct 6th and peter having to wait another 2 months to fight someone else who then pulls out with a heart injury.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic
How is this great?
A champion stepping to the side, getting stripped from his titles and Peter jumps in and takes it, "defends" against Jameel McCline who does not deserve it? Well, Peter will knock him out and people will be praising Peter as if he beaten the #1 guy out there.
I'm not nagging on Peter because he obviously has nothing to do with this, but heavyweight is getting worse and worse, Ruiz, Rahman and now Peter gets their titles outside the ring, it's a shame, it's not great.
Peter is not the one pulling out of fights. He has been getting royale screwed since he defeated Toney the first time. People are just happy he is able to get a fight.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 02:07 PM   #9
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachatu
Peter is not the one pulling out of fights. He has been getting royale screwed since he defeated Toney the first time. People are just happy he is able to get a fight.
Yeah, Peter deserves credit.
I'm sad for him.. he has to take the belt outside the ring, it's not the way he wanted I assume.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
Tuavale
Contender
ESB Senior Member

McCline will be banged out in brutal fashion.

Last edited by sean; 07-05-2006 at 08:39 AM.
Tuavale is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #11
TheGoldenBoy#1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

best of a bad situation i guess. At least mccline should be in shape seeing as he was training for the klitschko bout.
TheGoldenBoy#1 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #12
SteveO
MSW
ESB Addict

vCash: 1040

Same by TKO but I would be pretty happy for McCline who has been on the outside looking in for most of his career to get something meaningful. A win in this case, since I don't think he's going to make a lot of money.
SteveO is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #13
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Bullshit! I have no idea why McCall gets so much credit here. The guy is old and slow as **** now-a-days and he's never had great defensive skills so I don't see him being able to fend off much of what Peter throws his way. That's an easy win for Peter IMO.

While McCline is a bonafide top 10 contender who is quicker than Peter in almost every way and has much more refined skill. Trust me this is going to be a much better scrap than people give it credit for.
Well i absolutely agree. McClien also has a good chin and is still a verry good fighter, maybe still Top10. Much better than Golota or McCall these days. And i want to see McCall vs. Gomez.
Grabonator is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #14
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic
How is this great?
Peter only gets the belt if maskaev doesnt fight him in the next 90 days if im informed rightly.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #15
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottoFan89
Sam Peter by brutal KO.
That would be quiet impressive. McCline was stopped 2 times, first in his second pro fight when he fought a guy with a 6-0-0 record (remember McCline had no big amateur-career) and the other one was against Wladimir Klitschko in round 10. Valuev doesnt count cause it was a serious knee in jury which stopped McCline, not Valuev.
This fight COULD go the distance, at least i would not be suprised if it does.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum