Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-30-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
SweetScience
Accuracy is the key!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default 4th fight vid

Here is the vid of my fourth fight. Feedback would be appreciated. I lost the fight, though I felt that I won. What do you guys think? Im the one in the red tank top btw.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gux0S-HiV-w[/ame] (round 1)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbGFOshZnIc&feature=channel[/ame] (round 2)
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crA_jN2qQJo&feature=channel[/ame] (round 3)
SweetScience is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #2
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: 4th fight vid

i thought the fighter wearing the blue gloves won, both are wearing red so i dont know which one you are
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
SweetScience
Accuracy is the key!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawSlayer View Post
i thought the fighter wearing the blue gloves won, both are wearing red so i dont know which one you are
Im the one wearing the pink gloves, Im the shorter one. Thanks for the input.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #4
suckay singh
Journeyman

what weight is this at?
suckay singh is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

It was ok, technically pretty average mostly. You need to work on not crossing your feet and correcting your technique- too messy. Your infighting is non-existent and your long range stuff very tepid. Very fit though pal, so well done.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 11-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

Any man who boxes in pink gloves is a champ in book
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #7
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You had decent style in the first round but then by the third you were drawn into a battle .... you need to decide and be disciplined on your fighting technique .

Also his body was made to be hit ... dont concentrate solely on the head ... he was turning away from some shots and his rib cage was open for solid body punches ...
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
Little_Mac
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

It was probably pretty close, but I think the 3rd round won it for mr. blue gloves. he was fighting better on the inside.
Little_Mac is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
SweetScience
Accuracy is the key!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryeags View Post
You had decent style in the first round but then by the third you were drawn into a battle .... you need to decide and be disciplined on your fighting technique .

Also his body was made to be hit ... dont concentrate solely on the head ... he was turning away from some shots and his rib cage was open for solid body punches ...
Yes I know that. Problem is, he changed his style, so I had to change mine as well. Unfortunately it didnt work. Also his body was too hard to hit because as I go to the body, he would stretch his arm out and push my head back. Thus, it is difficult for me to go in.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:55 AM   #10
taj-09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1590

that was terrible for a 4th fight. Your technique is very sloppy and when you were trying to infight why did you have your hands around his waist instead of hands up for protection.

when you jab you drop your right hand to your waist.

Atlesat you have alot to work on..

How long have you been training for?
taj-09 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
LJB
Journeyman

i thought the blue corner won aswell
LJB is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #12
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Well since you asked for feedback I will be specific. Blue gloves won. First though I would like to say much props for getting in there and putting it on the line regardless of the outcome. You already won.

By the way, what do you consider your style because all advice would seem to depend on this, boxer, puncher, swarmer, hybrid? You seemed like a boxer who devolved into swarming. You should work on fundamentals (hands up, feet, etc...) but shouldn't we all? Anyway here it goes...

01. Calm down - First round you were VERY jumpy with your feet and arms wasting tons of energy. If you want to get his range, just put your hands up and move in till he hits you (YOUR GLOVES!). Back out and repeat. Fidgeting is NOT feinting or cute, hahaha.

02. Footwork - Other people went over it, you cross a bit. You seemed to do it more when you were far out trying to move quickly though so not a huge deal. Still a bad habit always sticks you at the WORST possible time. This guy was patiently stalking you. You get in there with an aggressive guy with fast feet? You might be taking a knockdown or two that was just because of your bad footwork.

03. Conditioning - It looks like you gassed. I think that was the real reason you didn't have anything for the guy in the later rounds, had your hands around his waist, and weren't keeping your hands up. Prior to that you were doing your thing. He gassed too, but his earlier patience may have paid off for him and gave him the latter half of the second and whole third round.

04. Controlling Distance - IMHO, this is the MOST important as it touches on 01, 02, and 03.

First thing you were fidgeting and having "happy feet" when neither of you was in range to punch. This is bad. Learn distance and you can be calm. Why? Because you know when you are in or out of range.

Second, your feet control said distance. IMHO, they are your FIRST line of defense. Master them.

Third, there were times in the latter parts of the fight where you straight bolted to the other side of the ring. No doubt to get a "safe" breather. NOTHING is wrong with this! However the better conditioned you are, the less you will do it.

Also, I would mix up the bolting/attacking when you first begin to feel the burn. Back off a few steps and when he thinks you are running? Take it to him. Do it a few times. Why? Because when you are finally REALLY running? You will have gotten a nice rest by the time he figures it out! Hahaha.

Hey man good luck!
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #13
taj-09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Well since you asked for feedback I will be specific. Blue gloves won. First though I would like to say much props for getting in there and putting it on the line regardless of the outcome. You already won.

By the way, what do you consider your style because all advice would seem to depend on this, boxer, puncher, swarmer, hybrid? You seemed like a boxer who devolved into swarming. You should work on fundamentals (hands up, feet, etc...) but shouldn't we all? Anyway here it goes...

01. Calm down - First round you were VERY jumpy with your feet and arms wasting tons of energy. If you want to get his range, just put your hands up and move in till he hits you (YOUR GLOVES!). Back out and repeat. Fidgeting is NOT feinting or cute, hahaha.

02. Footwork - Other people went over it, you cross a bit. You seemed to do it more when you were far out trying to move quickly though so not a huge deal. Still a bad habit always sticks you at the WORST possible time. This guy was patiently stalking you. You get in there with an aggressive guy with fast feet? You might be taking a knockdown or two that was just because of your bad footwork.

03. Conditioning - It looks like you gassed. I think that was the real reason you didn't have anything for the guy in the later rounds, had your hands around his waist, and weren't keeping your hands up. Prior to that you were doing your thing. He gassed too, but his earlier patience may have paid off for him and gave him the latter half of the second and whole third round.

04. Controlling Distance - IMHO, this is the MOST important as it touches on 01, 02, and 03.

First thing you were fidgeting and having "happy feet" when neither of you was in range to punch. This is bad. Learn distance and you can be calm. Why? Because you know when you are in or out of range.

Second, your feet control said distance. IMHO, they are your FIRST line of defense. Master them.

Third, there were times in the latter parts of the fight where you straight bolted to the other side of the ring. No doubt to get a "safe" breather. NOTHING is wrong with this! However the better conditioned you are, the less you will do it.

Also, I would mix up the bolting/attacking when you first begin to feel the burn. Back off a few steps and when he thinks you are running? Take it to him. Do it a few times. Why? Because when you are finally REALLY running? You will have gotten a nice rest by the time he figures it out! Hahaha.

Hey man good luck!

i like the point you make about backing off then attacking when he comes in. It makes sense, he will think twice about chasing you around the ring.
I will try this in my sparing.
taj-09 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by taj-09 View Post
i like the point you make about backing off then attacking when he comes in. It makes sense, he will think twice about chasing you around the ring.
I will try this in my sparing.
Yeah it is a nice little strategy depending on your style. I am a pure boxer (with little to no athletic ability, hahaha) so I always use it.

Not like I can trust my reflexes and speed alone to get the job done, hahaha.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 05:04 AM   #15
cm_boxing
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hey, this is in elorde gym. I've been there before.
cm_boxing is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing