Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-26-2007, 07:36 PM   #16
TheGreatest-915
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd "Lights Out" Mayweather

The funny thing about the video is that Toney turned down that chicken sandwich.

Last edited by mike; 07-05-2006 at 06:01 PM.
TheGreatest-915 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #17
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose FM
Floyd biggest challenge was JLC, you guys forget bout that fight? Cause as i re-call JLC beat Mayweather that night.
Then your recollection is wrong. Floyd won the fight through injuries, then won the rematch even easier.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #18
acb
De Camaguey... Gavilan
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Damn you say a lot of dumb shit dude.
Second that.
acb is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 11:51 PM   #19
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

"Speed kills" is such a ridiculous saying...

Might as well say, "I don't know What the **** I am talking about"...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:15 AM   #20
bigtime9
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Floyd biggest challenges LIE AHEAD, not behind
who the **** are you again to hand out challenges talk about delusional. I mean you're the same piss ant who said floyd ducked a drug addict in paul spadafora. you have no say in floyd's legacy you're a ****ing loser on a boxing board who didn't have the heart to fight professionally, or I might correctly add the "skill" to compete professionally.
bigtime9 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:58 AM   #21
magnificentdave
Constant Reminder
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1540

ricky is not going to follow floyd around like a lost puppy, he is going to be stepping on his feet, the top of his head will be resting on mayweathers chest for the majority of the fight, hatton is going to be twisting and bouncing and throwing his entire body into punches like we havn't seen in a while

My objection to MR KOOL's prediction is, when Floyd went toe to toe with Castillo in their first fight, he ended up with broken ribs, in a little trouble and came away with a close decision, but he was in bad shape for it...
i agree hatton is too fast on his feet to dance with the entire fight, otherwise floyd may end up eating a short lead right hand moving backwards,
I really think this fight will look a lot like the first SRL - Duran fight.

Floyd may start off thinking he can go toe to toe, but when he feels the pain he will start trying to box circles around hatton and hatton is going to surprise him by sticking to him and hurting him to the body,
my fight prediction is a close UD for hatton, mayweather realizes too late he has been letting hatton pick up rounds with his aggression and finishes the last three rounds with class to no avail...
magnificentdave is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:58 AM   #22
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Judah has only ever been beaten by champions.

Not a great record/fighter, but Not too bad if you ask me.
I agree. I think Judah can still give champions all kinds of headaches on any given night. After watching his fights I have often wondered how great he could have been if he just conditioned himself more so that he didn't always run out of steam halfway through every fight. He always seemed to start off monsterous and would easily be winning...but then quickly fade around the 6th or so......
cardstars is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 07:40 AM   #23
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
FLoyd can dance and beat Hatton's ass on the same night..

Floyd is the new Sugar Ray Robinson.
Not Robinson. Not Leonard. Not Sugar Poo. But the new Floyd Mayeather SENIOR!!!!
David UK is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #24
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

December 8th

"The Second Coming of Lights out"

Floyd "Lights Out" Mayweather
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:44 PM   #25
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KOOL
Speed Kills.

I have sat back, but now it is time for me to give my breakdown of the Floyd Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton super fight.

I am a fan of Floyd Mayweather and I want him to win, I think too many people are underestimating, a man and his name is Ricky Hatton. The general opinion on this fight is that Floyd Mayweather is going to school, outbox, take Ricky Hatton into deep water, and drown and neutralize his ability.

“ Sorry no, I don’t think that’s going to happen, not today i have logged Online, i am big and black and i don't agree with that”

Floyd Mayweather will out boxed, neutralize 99.9% of the fighters in the world, because of a very crucial component he has, “Speed”. I am talking about speed of movement, hand speed, and defense. Superior to most fighters, I am convinced the only way to beat Floyd Mayweather is to first compete with him in the Speed department.

Movement

Hand Speed.

The only fighter that Floyd Mayweather has faced through his career, who could compete with the explosiveness of his movement, speed of his hands and defense, in my mind was Zab Judah. But Zab Judah was unable to sustain, that intensity of competition, therefore Floyd Mayweather took over in that fight, neutralized Zab Judah.

Game Over, it was time to go home, Floyd Mayweather time!

Floyd Mayweather has had his toughest fights, when he faces a openent with tremendous speed, speed that can challenge his own.

Ricky Hatton is the best offensive, pressure fighter pound for pound in this game. None compare, None.

"If you put your hand in a fire, you get burnt"

"You step in the ring with Ricky Hatton, your going to get hit, and hit hard"

No question.

I don’t think this fight will be Floyd Mayweather fighting on the back foot, because simply I don’t think he is fast enough to out move Ricky Hatton. And I think Floyd Mayweather knows this, that’s why he is saying its going to be a Toe to Toe fight. Nothing like Gatti Vs Mayweather, that was what I like to call “Bad Man Boxing", that wasn’t toe to toe, Gatti no where near Floyd Mayweather.

For both fighters in this fight, there is nowhere to go, they cannot hide from each other, its is a collision of speed/power, how fast you can apply a force in the shortest amount of time.

“Definition of speed, that is the definition of this fight”

What I think will win this fight, is Defense.

I think your going to see Floyd Mayweather fighting like James Toney, Floyd Mayweather is a combination of Roy Jones and James "Lights out" Toney defensively, in that area of there game.

Shoulder to Shoulder, James "Lights out" Toney style. James Toney vs Iran Barkerly style. The uppercut and Jab is going to be the key weapons in Floyd Mayweather'S arsenal.

Floyd “Lights out” Mayweather!

BORKED

doggy that assesment I couldt really follow, but Hatton is not the best pressure fighter p4p 4 1. Hatton cpme fprward punches and then holds. Cotto is a way better pressure fighter, he comes forward but still keeps enough distance to be effective and doesnt smuther his pnches. 2 Floyd can out move Hatton dont kno where you got that from. 3. FLoyd is not a combo of RJ and James TOney. He has James TOney defense I agree with. But the offensive arsenal of RJ he doesnt possess. He not as fast as RJ for one, doesnt put his punches 2gether like him either.

only thing I agree with that you made is Floyd wining the fight. other than that I dont kno
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:49 PM   #26
sandwichsurgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocky
Take your ****ing hate crimes elsewhere, bitch.
how are your abs lately blockhead?
sandwichsurgeon is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum