Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?
Yes 7 12.28%
No 50 87.72%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #31
Bubba
No avatar needed!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1250
Default Re: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?

Evander Holyfield is the only undisputed, undefeated cruiserweight in history.

Nobody comes close to him!!
Bubba is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 PM   #32
Ding
Champ
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorkel
Absolutely, I wouldn't try to suggest he's top 10 until after the Mormeck fight at least.

Regarding a fight with Ding however, I think it's a fairly easy night for Haye provided he fights sensibly. He's got all the physical advantages and given that Nwodo was outboxing Ding, I'm quite confident Haye can do the same but in a more convincing manner. He's got a huge reach and decent fundamentals enabling him to win the fight at a distance.

It is very hard to fight at that level without ANY sparring. Extra hard for a guy like me who fights largely off of timing my opponents.

I am very high on Haye myself actually. I've seen alot of his fights and training videos. Can you guess who Kelvin Davis said hit harder between me and Haye?? You might be a little suprised at what he said.

The fight with Haye would be more difficult if he stayed on the outside without throwing alot of right hands and giving sharp angles.

However, he will not do that because he believes he is the strongest with his confidence riding very high. I can promise you that I am a much more dangerous puncher than the Italian guy he fought that hit him often and fought small. Its my understanding that Kelvin Davis had alot of good moments with Haye in sparring, but sparring is far from the whole answer of course. I think he does better with guys that fight tall from what I've seen.

I think it would be a helluva exciting fight while it last, and hope like hell it come off one day. I know very well how to counter that left hook right hand combo he loves to throw.

Anyone who throws alot of punches when they fight me will lose by KO. Dude I hate braggin, but I am very confident in the things I do very well.

At the moment we are pushing soooo fuggin hard to land the fight with Enzo on Nov 3rd I can taste that WBO title. I have my doubts unfortunately. I'm willing to even take short money for the bout and Frank ****** knows that.
Ding is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 09:41 PM   #33
box03
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding
It is very hard to fight at that level without ANY sparring. Extra hard for a guy like me who fights largely off of timing my opponents.

I am very high on Haye myself actually. I've seen alot of his fights and training videos. Can you guess who Kelvin Davis said hit harder between me and Haye?? You might be a little suprised at what he said.

The fight with Haye would be more difficult if he stayed on the outside without throwing alot of right hands and giving sharp angles.

However, he will not do that because he believes he is the strongest with his confidence riding very high. I can promise you that I am a much more dangerous puncher than the Italian guy he fought that hit him often and fought small. Its my understanding that Kelvin Davis had alot of good moments with Haye in sparring, but sparring is far from the whole answer of course. I think he does better with guys that fight tall from what I've seen.

I think it would be a helluva exciting fight while it last, and hope like hell it come off one day. I know very well how to counter that left hook right hand combo he loves to throw.

Anyone who throws alot of punches when they fight me will lose by KO. Dude I hate braggin, but I am very confident in the things I do very well.

At the moment we are pushing soooo fuggin hard to land the fight with Enzo on Nov 3rd I can taste that WBO title. I have my doubts unfortunately. I'm willing to even take short money for the bout and Frank ****** knows that.
Your one of my favorite fighters right now, your fights are usually very exciting to watch. After you conquer the Cruiserwieght division do you see yourselve putting on wieght to fight at heavywieght?
box03 is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #34
Words
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Dont hold your breath for Frank ****** Ding, there's much weaker fighters out there who he can feed to Enzo and make plenty money off.

By the way, I'd love to see you fight Herbie Hide. That'd be a brutal encounter whilst it lasted.
Words is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 10:36 PM   #35
Ding
Champ
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words
Dont hold your breath for Frank ****** Ding, there's much weaker fighters out there who he can feed to Enzo and make plenty money off.

By the way, I'd love to see you fight Herbie Hide. That'd be a brutal encounter whilst it lasted.

I agree with you on the Hide fight, but he is not recognized as one of the top 3 at cruiser and it would not be worth much at the moment unfortunately.
Ding is offline  Top
Old 09-26-2007, 11:33 PM   #36
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Na...
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:15 AM   #37
Words
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I get the feeling Hide might do quite well at cruiser. He was an excellent boxer with incredible punching power, he just wasn't big enough to take a heavyweight punch. With any luck his chin wont let him down as bad at Cruiser. Wether or not he wins a title I think he provides a lot of excitement in the division.

Having said that, Ding, Haye, Enzo Mac, Bell and Mormeck all have heavyweight KO power, and it doesn't take much to put ol' Herb on his arse.

Cruiser is a superb division. Imagine how good it'd have been if Vassily Jirov, Juan Carlos Gomez and James Toney had stuck around instead of moving up in weight? Imagine if Chris Byrd or Roy Jones Jnr had fought at that weight too! Woulda been much more interesting than the heavies at the moment. I always liked Juan Carlos Gomez, he's a very talented and underachieving fighter if you ask me. Shoulda done more with his career.
Words is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:23 AM   #38
SAS2
Belt holder
ESB Addict

who the hell has he beaten...
SAS2 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:38 AM   #39
The Whaler
My dog be thorough.
ESB Senior Member

Location: n. A place where something is or could be located; a site.

No. Not unless he beats Mormeck and stays in the Cruiserweight division. but he seems adamant about moving up to the Heavyweight division after the Mormeck fight.
The Whaler is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 03:37 AM   #40
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Haye is the best of the best. Creme de la Creme.

20 have tried, 1 has succeeded.

He'll be the best ever, excluding Holy!!!

Then he is going to go to heavyweight and wreak havoc.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #41
The Funny Man 7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1326

No. Gomez would have DESTROYED him. Same goes of Holy
The Funny Man 7 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #42
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Yes, but only after he has achieved success at heavyweight
David UK is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 AM   #43
PATSYS
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superheavyweight
After November?

The great Juan Carlos Gomez is an honourable mention but he was never the undisputed champion like Haye will be.

Norris; DeLeon and Wamba were all good fighters too, but is David Haye better?
November 2012?

Maybe,if he keeps fighting the best.
PATSYS is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 08:10 AM   #44
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding

I enjoyed reading your insight. I've seen you on British tv once(can't remember the opponent but it was about 6months ago) and thought you looked pretty good. Obviously I'd be rooting for Haye and Enzo against you as I'm a Brit, but good luck anyway.Hope Frank ****** gives you the chance v Enzo but ****** is a complete wanker so I wouldn't hold my breath!!
David UK is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 09:02 AM   #45
Superheavyweight

vCash:

The only one man enough to list his top 10 was Asterion, and even he put the man that Haye is about to KO @ #5.

Why donít you use your brilliant boxing knowledge and list your top 10 Amsterdam?

Instead of criticizing, and that goes for the rest of you dick heads, instead of just saying ďno, he isnítĒ, back up your opinions with your own lists and explain why.

And donít use mine or Asterionís list as inspiration by using the same 10 but just read******g the order, be original.

Anyway here is mine:

1. Evander Holyfield Former Undefeated Undisputed Champion
2. David Haye Undisputed Champion
3. OíNeil Bell Former Undisputed Champion
4. Jean-Marc Mormeck Former Undisputed Champion
5. James Toney
6. Carlos DeLeon
7. Orlin Norris
8. Juan Carlos Gomez
9. Anaclet Wamba
10. Vassiliy Jirov

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum