Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?
Yes 7 12.28%
No 50 87.72%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 09:08 AM   #46
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 563
Default Re: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?

Audley Harrison is awesome.

But you are fully aware that your list is a disgrace.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #47
Superheavyweight
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
Audley Harrison is awesome.

But you are fully aware that your list is a disgrace.
Again more criticism but no list of your own to back it up.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #48
Snorkel
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 340
vCash: 75
Default Re: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding
It is very hard to fight at that level without ANY sparring. Extra hard for a guy like me who fights largely off of timing my opponents.

I am very high on Haye myself actually. I've seen alot of his fights and training videos. Can you guess who Kelvin Davis said hit harder between me and Haye?? You might be a little suprised at what he said.

The fight with Haye would be more difficult if he stayed on the outside without throwing alot of right hands and giving sharp angles.

However, he will not do that because he believes he is the strongest with his confidence riding very high. I can promise you that I am a much more dangerous puncher than the Italian guy he fought that hit him often and fought small. Its my understanding that Kelvin Davis had alot of good moments with Haye in sparring, but sparring is far from the whole answer of course. I think he does better with guys that fight tall from what I've seen.

I think it would be a helluva exciting fight while it last, and hope like hell it come off one day. I know very well how to counter that left hook right hand combo he loves to throw.

Anyone who throws alot of punches when they fight me will lose by KO. Dude I hate braggin, but I am very confident in the things I do very well.

At the moment we are pushing soooo fuggin hard to land the fight with Enzo on Nov 3rd I can taste that WBO title. I have my doubts unfortunately. I'm willing to even take short money for the bout and Frank ****** knows that.
I said he'd beat you if he fights sensibly, but you're right, that is a big if. Haye's the kind of guy who wouldn't want to be seen as being negative so you could well draw him into a scrap which evens the odds quite considerably. That said, he's been fighting increasingly cleverly since his macho style cost him the Thompson fight.

I'd quite like to see you in against Enzo but I fear ******'s going to either scupper the plans entirely or insist on basically taking control of your career which is what caused the Enzo-Haye bout to fall apart. I think it'd be an interesting fight, Enzo seems to have improved under Calzaghe and he answered a few questions about his chin against Braithwaite. Good luck to you.
Snorkel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #49
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,107
vCash: 563
Default Re: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superheavyweight
Again more criticism but no list of your own to back it up.
You cannot list Haye that highly on the back of one fight, over an old man. All Haye is winning is some kind of linear title.

I think you also have to place Joe Calzaghe over Haye at cruiser, certainly on a H2H basis. Calzaghe would obviously beat Haye at Cruiser where David is weight drained. How would Haye cope with Calzaghe's speed, and stamina? He couldn't. Calzaghe beats him on points, thuogh we cannot rule out the possibility of one of Joe's famous left hooks landing.

Haye's equalizer (his power) wouldn't be a factor either. He'd have little chance of landing on the evasive Calzaghe and Joe's chin is too solid anyway.

And can Haye fight inside? No, Calzaghe can beat him up there and at range with a superior jab. The other thing to consider is Calzaghe is weight-drained at supermiddleweight, so imagine how much better he might be at LHW and possibly cruiser.

Calzaghe, arguably the best LHW of all time can no doubt do Haye in. So long as his china hands hold out for the 12 rounds. If Calzaghe broke his left hand, thanks to his new found cruiserweight power, then yes, I'd favour Haye.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #50
Chiko_Tech
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?

No he still had a lot to do to be considered a great Cruserweight, damm he was stopped by a old past his best gatekeaper.
Chiko_Tech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:11 AM   #51
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: England
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1241
Default Re: Will David Haye Be Considered The Second Greatest Cruiserweight Of All Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
You cannot list Haye that highly on the back of one fight, over an old man. All Haye is winning is some kind of linear title.

I think you also have to place Joe Calzaghe over Haye at cruiser, certainly on a H2H basis. Calzaghe would obviously beat Haye at Cruiser where David is weight drained. How would Haye cope with Calzaghe's speed, and stamina? He couldn't. Calzaghe beats him on points, thuogh we cannot rule out the possibility of one of Joe's famous left hooks landing.

Haye's equalizer (his power) wouldn't be a factor either. He'd have little chance of landing on the evasive Calzaghe and Joe's chin is too solid anyway.

And can Haye fight inside? No, Calzaghe can beat him up there and at range with a superior jab. The other thing to consider is Calzaghe is weight-drained at supermiddleweight, so imagine how much better he might be at LHW and possibly cruiser.

Calzaghe, arguably the best LHW of all time can no doubt do Haye in. So long as his china hands hold out for the 12 rounds. If Calzaghe broke his left hand, thanks to his new found cruiserweight power, then yes, I'd favour Haye.
Couldn't Calzaghe outbox Haye with one hand though If Haye's drained at Cruiser?
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013