Kostya decision 36 26.87%
Kostya stoppage 35 26.12%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #46
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

I love this thread. Half the American's picking Oscar are spelling Tszyu wrong, which is probably an accurate representation of their knowledge on non-American fighters.

Even those who realise KT wins, will say "Oscar by controversial decison." This is either a positive, in that they recognise hpw corrupt Oscar is or they might just be that desperate to pick the American.

Oscar would need to stop KT late on, where he going to win. KT should however be a massive favorite.

Just look at how even this poll is. When a poll is that equal, and one fighter is Amercian and one is Russian-Mongol-Korean based in Australia, the reality of the situation is the Mongolian will win.

American promoted fighters always lose what are percieved as 50/50 fights against fighters without an American promoter. 50/50 means more like 85/15 once you take out the default votes from the Americanised fools.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #47
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

- come now, CHJ. This is a pick'em fight, but I do like the fact that you don't approve of democracy.
DanePugilist is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #48
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

It is a rule of the thumb. A really reliable one too, American promoted/based/named fighters lose 'percieved 50/50' bouts against non-American promoted/based/named fighters.

Oscar has perhaps a slight stylistic edge but he is so, so inferior to the great Tszyu, whom is one of the best 10 or 20 fighters of all time.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #49
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
It is a rule of the thumb. A really reliable one too, American promoted/based/named fighters lose 'percieved 50/50' bouts against non-American promoted/based/named fighters.

Oscar has perhaps a slight stylistic edge but he is so, so inferior to the great Tszyu, whom is one of the best 10 or 20 fighters of all time.
I don't know about that rule of thumb, but I'll take your word for it. US boxers are generally more "hyped up" compared to non-US boxers. Maybe its because of Americans being so much better at marketing, that they can sell sand in Sahara or water on Antarctica?

They both had great assets, that were superior to the other. I picked Tzsyu, but I believe picking Oscar is valid as well. Maybe I just don't know enough - I were just amazed with prime Oscar, when I first saw him vs danish technician Jimmy Bredahl, that I was sold, and him dismantling Chavez - blew me away - even if the background was a bit painted.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 AM   #50
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I picked DLH by stoppage, and I'm a BIG Tszyu fan. At 140 DLH is just too big, too fast and hits too hard for Tszyu. I don't think Tszyu, for all his great accuracy and timing, would have been able to get inside DLH's jab. After a while I see DLH landing enough to stop him. Would have been a decent fight, but I don't see Tszyu winning this at all.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #51
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanePugilist

They both had great assets, that were superior to the other. I picked Tzsyu, but I believe picking Oscar is valid as well. Maybe I just don't know enough - I were just amazed with prime Oscar, when I first saw him vs danish technician Jimmy Bredahl, that I was sold, and him dismantling Chavez - blew me away - even if the background was a bit painted.
I was never blown away by Tszyu. But watching him fight fills one with a sense of greater well-being and state of total understanding, approaching enlightenment.

Any talentless clown can try and emulate Oscar, but Tszyu, with his timing, his accuracy.. Less than 1% of world class fighters can even dream of copying him.

But don't worry, this evening plenty of Americans will log on a ruin the poll.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:20 AM   #52
DanePugilist
God vs God - Death Angel
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe
I was never blown away by Tszyu. But watching him fight fills one with a sense of greater well-being and state of total understanding, approaching enlightenment.

Any talentless clown can try and emulate Oscar, but Tszyu, with his timing, his accuracy.. Less than 1% of world class fighters can even dream of copying him.

But don't worry, this evening plenty of Americans will log on a ruin the poll.
Good argument, and pretty much the reason why I picked Kostya Tzsyu; it would be very hard for Oscar to prepare for what he would face, while Kostya could. Then there is the old point of precision negates speed. In Oscars defence he could put alot of pressure on boxers - by not only using speed, but also wide range of shots.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #53
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm
I picked DLH by stoppage, and I'm a BIG Tszyu fan. At 140 DLH is just too big, too fast and hits too hard for Tszyu. I don't think Tszyu, for all his great accuracy and timing, would have been able to get inside DLH's jab. After a while I see DLH landing enough to stop him. Would have been a decent fight, but I don't see Tszyu winning this at all.
Fair enough, I feel though that DLH's all time standing is heavily overrated, they act as if he's a top 50 ATG. Tszyu could very well have won a fight down the stretch by timing the bigger shots on a stamina fading DLH.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #54
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Fair enough, I feel though that DLH's all time standing is heavily overrated, they act as if he's a top 50 ATG. Tszyu could very well have won a fight down the stretch by timing the bigger shots on a stamina fading DLH.
Bigger guys like Quartey and Trinidad and Mosley and roided Vargas didn't do what you're suggesting. I don't see how Tszyu would have been able to, especially considering how totally unbeatable DLH was at that weight.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #55
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Kostya's performance against Gonzalez was much more dominant. Kt definitely had more power then Quartey as well, who primarily lived off his jab.
Quartey also lived off his right hand. Does Tszyu dominating Gonzalez more than De La Hoya mean that Tszyu would beat De La Hoya?.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #56
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm
Bigger guys like Quartey and Trinidad and Mosley and roided Vargas didn't do what you're suggesting. I don't see how Tszyu would have been able to, especially considering how totally unbeatable DLH was at that weight.
Unbeatable at that weight? He still showed stamina issue's, wasn't fully filled out yet. Trinidad, Mosely and Quartey don't have Tszyu's style, Quartey is the closest but it's still a bad comparison.

In fact, Tszyu over Mosely would be a good pick IMO. Mosely's always open to a great counter shot, but I do realise that most people will go with Shane on that one.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #57
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

I like Kostua Tszyu via late round stoppage.

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:34 AM   #58
Tettsuo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Oscar by late KO.

Tzsyu is seriously overrated on this forum. Oscar is the bigger, stronger man in this fight with superior speed and power. Skillwise I'd say they're about the same, but that's where it ends.

Doesn't Oscar have the greater reach? If so, Tzsyu would have a tough time on the outside trying to land the right hand as Oscar would catch him with the left hook reaching in.
Tettsuo is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:48 AM   #59
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

Look at some of the rubbish Mosely was able to land on Oscar.

Tszyu's accuracy and timing humiliates him to the point where Oscar quits boxing all together.

It would be almost comical to watch after the American predictions before the fight.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #60
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Presscot
How many here think that if Oscar had fought Tszyu back in the day, that he would be wearing a pink thong under his boxing trunks?
Rumsfeld is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum