Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: DLH vs. Kostya
DLH decision 33 24.63%
DLH stoppage 30 22.39%
Kostya decision 36 26.87%
Kostya stoppage 35 26.12%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #61
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,345
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm
Bigger guys like Quartey and Trinidad and Mosley and roided Vargas didn't do what you're suggesting. I don't see how Tszyu would have been able to, especially considering how totally unbeatable DLH was at that weight.
Not losing in a grand total of 3 bouts hardly shows someone being "unbeatable". Everyone is beatable. Not to mention that a prime Tszyu is certainly better than the likes of Darryl Tyson, MAGO, and a faded (but still good) Chavez.

It's a tough fight for both guys.
Thread Stealer is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #62
Alo2006
R.I.P Sean Taylor
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,807
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

DLH late TKO
Alo2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #63
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Kostya's performance against Gonzalez was much more dominant. Kt definitely had more power then Quartey as well, who primarily lived off his jab.
Quartey knocked out Phillips in 3 rounds, and Tszyu couldn't wobble him over 10 rounds and lost.
Robbi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #64
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
Not losing in a grand total of 3 bouts hardly shows someone being "unbeatable". Everyone is beatable. Not to mention that a prime Tszyu is certainly better than the likes of Darryl Tyson, MAGO, and a faded (but still good) Chavez.

It's a tough fight for both guys.
Yeah, De La Hoya being unbeatable is like saying he could have defeated anyone in the divisions history. Better to say "De La Hoya was unbeaten at 140lbs".
Robbi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #65
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 33,305
vCash: 138
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Oscar was too big and strong not to mention speed, jab, defense and Oscar's power was good at 147 and below. Also I don't think Oscar would be seriously bothered by Zoo's power but I think Oscar would hurt Zoo. Oscar by UD
Pimp C is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #66
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

why do people overrate kostya so much?

i remember 3 years ago i was comparing miguel cotto to kostya tszyu here and some guy comes on here and says...

"dude, please dont compare this rookie to an atg as kostya tszyu"

it went on like that for some time until hatton beat him, what the hell has kostya done? the best fighters he beat are zab judah and sharmba mitchell.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #67
KhanB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: By a casino
Posts: 418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
why do people overrate kostya so much?

i remember 3 years ago i was comparing miguel cotto to kostya tszyu here and some guy comes on here and says...

"dude, please dont compare this rookie to an atg as kostya tszyu"

it went on like that for some time until hatton beat him, what the hell has kostya done? the best fighters he beat are zab judah and sharmba mitchell.
Look at the way he beat them. Early knockouts and i picked Tszyu to lose both those fights. He also dominated Gonzalez and Tackie who were both well respected along with Hurtado.
KhanB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #68
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanB
Look at the way he beat them. Early knockouts and i picked Tszyu to lose both those fights. He also dominated Gonzalez and Tackie who were both well respected along with Hurtado.
yeah, but who the hell are they?

zab judah might have been good but sharmba mitchell is a sparring partner, tackie, gonzalez and hurtado might have been respected but are they the type of competition that puts him in an atg status that cant be compared to a young miguel cotto?
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #69
KhanB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: By a casino
Posts: 418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
yeah, but who the hell are they?

zab judah might have been good but sharmba mitchell is a sparring partner, tackie, gonzalez and hurtado might have been respected but are they the type of competition that puts him in an atg status that cant be compared to a young miguel cotto?
Id say you can compare a young cotto to tszyu, not the other way around. Cotto's biggest win was against a guy Tszyu took out in two rounds and was undefeated. Mitchell was holding 140 down that whole time Tszyu was dealing with injuries and had a long win streak. He didnt become a sparring partner until Tszyu destroyed him.
KhanB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #70
uppa kut
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fort lauderdale, FL
Posts: 375
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Wow, good question! This is the closest poll thread i have seen! I would lean slightly towards Kostya/late stoppage as i think he is the bigger banger of the two. However, i could see any of the poll sceneraios happening....
uppa kut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #71
PR Boxing Lore
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 179
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

DLH by decision or late stoppage.
PR Boxing Lore is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #72
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,973
vCash: 1900
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanB
Id say you can compare a young cotto to tszyu, not the other way around. Cotto's biggest win was against a guy Tszyu took out in two rounds and was undefeated. Mitchell was holding 140 down that whole time Tszyu was dealing with injuries and had a long win streak. He didnt become a sparring partner until Tszyu destroyed him.
you didn't get my point, tszyu is considered an ATG, but for what?beating mitchell and judah?

and judah might have also been cotto's best win but cotto isn't considered an atg like tszyu is,

and also lets not forget that the judah fight was just a stay busy fight while cotto waited for margarito, and cotto's still young, he is fighting a guy next who is far greater than tszyu ever will be.

and when the hell was mitchell holding down the 140 division?? he was a wba belt holder.
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #73
KhanB
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: By a casino
Posts: 418
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
you didn't get my point, tszyu is considered an ATG, but for what?beating mitchell and judah?

and judah might have also been cotto's best win but cotto isn't considered an atg like tszyu is,

and also lets not forget that the judah fight was just a stay busy fight while cotto waited for margarito, and cotto's still young, he is fighting a guy next who is far greater than tszyu ever will be.

and when the hell was mitchell holding down the 140 division?? he was a wba belt holder.
Mitchell beat NDou and Tackie and didnt appear to be ducking anybody. I think he was also favored to beat Tszyu since Tszyu hadnt fought in almost 2 years. I dont think Tszyu could beat a prime Chavez, Mosley, or Pryor but is still very hard to beat. I could make the same argument about DLH being an ATG since he never clearly beat somebody who was thought to be his equal or greater but im tired of picking on Goldie. Id say Tszyu is HOF for sure but shouldve avenged his loss to Phillips so he's borderline ATG.
KhanB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #74
jecxbox
St. Brett
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Posts: 3,819
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

First of all this fight would have been completely amazing.. DLH is a big strong fighter but honestly as far as strategy towards his big fights, hes basically screwed up time and time again. I don't doubt for 1 bit that Kostya Tzsyu could have won a decision win on DLH..He was an amazing fighter and I think Kostya could have picked his shots with DLH to get enough rounds to win the fight. I don't see Kostya KO'n DLH though, I can see KT knocking him down or stunning him but not KO. If Quartey gave DLH hell why couldn't a much more talented KT do the same?
jecxbox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:03 PM   #75
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 7,550
vCash: 1000
Default Re: DLH vs. Kostya Tzsyu @ 140 peak to peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettsuo
Oscar by late KO.

Tzsyu is seriously overrated on this forum. Oscar is the bigger, stronger man in this fight with superior speed and power. Skillwise I'd say they're about the same, but that's where it ends.

Doesn't Oscar have the greater reach? If so, Tzsyu would have a tough time on the outside trying to land the right hand as Oscar would catch him with the left hook reaching in.
De La Hoya and Tszyu are about the same size at 140lbs. Obviously De La Hoya has a longer reach and he's taller as well. But the kind of size I'm talking about, weight. I can say without question, De La Hoya never struggled to make 140lbs at any point. When he moved up and challenged Whitaker, it was not down to weight making difficulties. And trust me, because I read many quotes from Steward when he was hired as De La Hoya's trainer after the Whitaker fight. The Whitaker challenge was all about money and it was a marquee fight, also other big money spinners were around. Trinidad and Quartey. Bigger purses for De La Hoya at welterweight. Nothing to do with De La Hoya struggling at 140lbs.

De La Hoya without a shadow of a doubt is quicker, but he's not as powerful at 140lbs than Tszyu. I will not make a comparison on De La Hoya not dropping Chavez while Tszyu did, as Chavez was even more worn and shot when he fought Tszyu. But lets be serious here, Tszyu hits harder than De La Hoya at 140lbs.

Skillwise, De La Hoya over Tszyu. A much versatile fighter, and he has much better variety in terms of combinations.
Robbi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013