Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2007, 04:40 PM   #16
The Exile
FUBAR
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Personally, I have enjoyed watching his fights since he was first shown on sky many years ago.

I like his all action, come forward style and ive always enjoyed watching world class body punchers.

He seems like a decent bloke, pretty humourous and down to earth. Hasnt let the money etc turn him into an asshole.

I know that Dunky and You out Sucka cant stand the guy but hey, each to there own - we dont all have to like the same boxers and I really dont believe the reason Dunky dislikes him is because he is english, everyone is entitled to there opinions
The Exile is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #17
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
A Scot who doesn't like a Englishman is just a moron. We are all British. We can have some minor rivalry in house but not supporting Ricky is so stupid it hurts my heard.

Ricky represents Britain. Ricky is good for British boxing. Plus you Scots ain't getting many Buchanans so enjoy the rest of Britain.
While I agree with you in one sense , that not liking someone because of where they come from is stupid on the other hand it's not crazy that Scots aren't running out to support fighters from other parts of Britain.......after all some of them would rather be Scottish , and just Scottish(not part of the UK) .
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #18
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Oh dear, I bet some of the posters on ESB thought "ah heres Dunky mischief making again"

But in all honesty I wasnt. There was a method to my madness, I wanted to show the english posters that all the scots get behind hatton, cos I sometimes get the feeling many englanders hate on all the scottish fighters just cos I dont like Hatton! I could be wrong, but I feel Im right.

Im not the best representative of what your average scottish boxing fan is all about, so I wanted to show that I am in the minority regarding Hatton, & that the scottish posters DO get behind the english fighters when it comes to the crunch.

However, for some in here to say that if I dont like Hatton then I must hate the english is an untruth of big whopper proportions.

But anyway, Im going off the subject at hand a little, as the thread looks like becoming a free for all, which wasnt my intention, thus my asking for the english posters to keep out of one, JUST ONE! thread. But you couldnt couldnt you you cheeky chappies...

But thanks to the posters who have answered my questions sensibly so far & keep 'em coming, cos I want more scottish opinion on Hatton, just to make people realise that scottish fans in the main get behind the english fighters, & the some of the english should do the same for ours, instead of slaughtering them all the time, just cos ONE scottish guy doesnt like Hatton!

See? Im always looking out for my fellow scottish posters rather than trying to make a name for myself. Why? Cos Im a good ****in guy. Thats why
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 PM   #19
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

I'm not a fan of Hatton as I hate his style and constant bollocks playing up to the 'just another guy' shite, it's badly overdone and boring. He then talks about himself in the third person and seems to think from his words that he's one of the most exciting fighters of all time, which is a total joke. He has ducked Witter for a long time and Mayweather will be his first fight against an elite fighter in their prime....and he's going to get leathered.
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #20
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by you OUT...SUCKA
I'm not a fan of Hatton as I hate his style and constant bollocks playing up to the 'just another guy' shite, it's badly overdone and boring. He then talks about himself in the third person and seems to think from his words that he's one of the most exciting fighters of all time, which is a total joke. He has ducked Witter for a long time and Mayweather will be his first fight against an elite fighter in their prime....and he's going to get leathered.
Thats what I like about you Sucka, you like me can see Hatton exactly for what he is, & we get some grief cos we point out the truth!

Thats why I made this thread though, cos Hatton is SO loved that my & possibly your dislike of Hatton the man is causing english Hatton fans to hate on all things scottish, such is the fanatacism of his fans. & to be honest I dont want to drag my fellow scots down just cos I dont like Hatton, so I felt I would make this thread to show the Hatton nuthuggers that just cos one or two of us dont like Hatton, its no reason to hate a whole nation for it.

Now im in a sombre mood tonight, so none of my comments are designed to antagonize. & dont you think you deserve more credit from the Hatton nuthuggers for wanting Ricky to beat Floyd than you have received?

hatton fans, they infuriate & fascinate me in equal measures, as their loyalty to him & hatred of anyone who dares not love him like they do shocks even me.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 03:34 AM   #21
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Hatton sometimes overplays it because its part of what he has becmoe famous for but it is irrefutable that Hatton is just like us. He is a lad who likes his kebabs, pubs, alcohol, birds, laughs etc

His house is 40 secs from his parents, he is really into his family etc etc

It is irrefutable that he is quite down to earth considering.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 04:44 AM   #22
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
Thats what I like about you Sucka, you like me can see Hatton exactly for what he is, & we get some grief cos we point out the truth!

Thats why I made this thread though, cos Hatton is SO loved that my & possibly your dislike of Hatton the man is causing english Hatton fans to hate on all things scottish, such is the fanatacism of his fans. & to be honest I dont want to drag my fellow scots down just cos I dont like Hatton, so I felt I would make this thread to show the Hatton nuthuggers that just cos one or two of us dont like Hatton, its no reason to hate a whole nation for it.

Now im in a sombre mood tonight, so none of my comments are designed to antagonize. & dont you think you deserve more credit from the Hatton nuthuggers for wanting Ricky to beat Floyd than you have received?

hatton fans, they infuriate & fascinate me in equal measures, as their loyalty to him & hatred of anyone who dares not love him like they do shocks even me.
But here is the thing. Most English posters on here DO support Scottish fighters and they support the Welsh fighters.
The one guy who got a lot of stick was Harrison because people thought he had a bad attitude and had not fought anyone top drawer.

It is very misleading to say Hattons first fight against a guy in his prime is now and he will lose.
Yes he will lose, but not because the guy is "in his prime" but because the guy is the best boxer on the planet.

I cannot stand revisionism. NOBODY gave Hatton a hope against Tsyzu, and this supposedly shot, past it Tsyzu had just starched Mitchell with greater ease than his first victory and was looking in perfect shape. Tsyzu then fought how he has ALWAYS fought and lost in a manner pretty similar to his only other loss years before.

Collazo and Urango were not top tier fighters but both were "in their prime" and I think Collazo will prove himself to be a very solid fighter. He broke his hand against Mosley and would have lost regardless, but then once again Mosley is truly elite, not just in his divison but in p4p sense over the past decade.

Urango was a poor fight to take IMO and I dont expect much from him. But Collazo will win another world title.

Lets be honest Dunky you have shifted the attack to his record after mainly focusing on his anti Scottish antics at the Arthur fight and him being fake. The Arthur thing has now been proven to be an error on your part as the footage of Hatton climbing up onto the ring with his sombrero is there for all to see.

I dont see why his record would be such a cause for contention because on that basis, Witter has faced one top guy in his prime and lost. Harrison never faced any top in his prime, Calzaghe has only faced one top guy in his prime, Haye has not faced anyone top in their prime and still lost, same for Mac....
And so on.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 06:11 AM   #23
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

I'm English and if you expect me not to support Calzaghe, Harrison, Arthur, Enzo etc you can go jump.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 07:07 AM   #24
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
A Scot who doesn't like a Englishman is just a moron. We are all British. We can have some minor rivalry in house but not supporting Ricky is so stupid it hurts my heard.

Ricky represents Britain. Ricky is good for British boxing. Plus you Scots ain't getting many Buchanans so enjoy the rest of Britain.
Ricky Hatton is popular in Scotland but as in England some do not buy into it. It is not reasonable to expect total support from Scotland when that is not the case in England.
AllyT is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 07:12 AM   #25
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563

Everyone should support Hatton, because he is a very good fighter.

Everyone from Scotland, England and Wales should be supporting Mayweather in December though as he is the better fighter. And you should always want the better fighter to win, they deserve it.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 07:52 AM   #26
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by China_hand_Joe

Everyone from Scotland, England and Wales should be supporting Mayweather in December though as he is the better fighter. And you should always want the better fighter to win, they deserve it.
Why support the better fighter just because he's better?
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 07:59 AM   #27
madflyer

I am Scottish and will definitely be supporting Hatton when he fights PBF. He may not be the boxer Floyd is but he's a decent grounded fella with the heart and aggression of a tiger. I am all for getting one over in the Septics especially as they have Ricky beat before the fight has started. I hope he knocks his bollocks in, but it will be no mean feat.
madflyer is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 08:43 AM   #28
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

I hope Hatton beats Floyd and will be made up If he does but I think Floyd's going to box rings around him.

Hatton was lucky Callazo figured him out too late.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #29
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Some of my favourite boxers are scottish - Anderson, Simpson & Limond but the fact they are scots is coincidental, thats not the reason I support them. I don't really understand the 'them and us' mentality.
elle is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 10:11 AM   #30
AllyT
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle
Some of my favourite boxers are scottish - Anderson, Simpson & Limond but the fact they are scots is coincidental, thats not the reason I support them. I don't really understand the 'them and us' mentality.
In Scotland the tendency is to see English teams as 'the enemy' but this does not translate to individual sports. Benn, Eubank, Bruno, Hatton, and Calzaghe from Wales have along with others all had a following in Scotland. I very definately want Hatton to win in December. Still hope Tonga win tonight though
AllyT is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum