Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 09-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #31
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

I would always support a Scottish/Wesh/Irish guy against anyone overseas, not against an English fighter I must admit - it's natural I suppose. However, I really wanted that little Scottish guy to knock that Matthews blokes head off. In that fight I didn't give a **** about nationality.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 10:46 AM   #32
grayggr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Question for scottish posters, & NO ONE else, regarding Ricky Hatton.

Quit the Hatton hate.
grayggr is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #33
David UK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain&Northern Ireland

We are all British and should all get behind any British fighter fighting (in this instance) an American
David UK is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2007, 12:37 PM   #34
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David UK
We are all British and should all get behind any British fighter fighting (in this instance) an American
Sure!
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #35
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike

Lets be honest Dunky you have shifted the attack to his record after mainly focusing on his anti Scottish antics at the Arthur fight and him being fake. The Arthur thing has now been proven to be an error on your part as the footage of Hatton climbing up onto the ring with his sombrero is there for all to see.

I dont see why his record would be such a cause for contention because on that basis, Witter has faced one top guy in his prime and lost. Harrison never faced any top in his prime, Calzaghe has only faced one top guy in his prime, Haye has not faced anyone top in their prime and still lost, same for Mac....
And so on.
lets be honest Dunky? So what you are saying is Im dishonest then I havent shifted anything, never mind my so called 'attack' on Hatton, which may I say has never been an attack, just an honest opinion! see what I mean about you Hatton fans being nasty to people who dont love him as much as you lot do?

My criticisms of Hatton are just a personal opinion, but im sick of being called a liar etc just cos I dont sing from the same hymnbook as most other people on here. Bloody Hatton fans... you cant say **** all about him that isnt a blatant arselick without creating a storm.

& to think I originally made this thread to show the support Hatton has in Scotland! But instead of evryone talking up the scottish Hatton fans, all that happens is I get hunted down as usual for not loving him!!!

lets forget about me & my non support of Hatton for a second in this thread, & give the legions of scottish Hatton fans some credit, for getting behind an english fighter in his hour of need.

Thats what makes me sad, is that the likes of kevin Anderson etc dont get the same backing from the english fans as the likes of Hatton gets from the scottish fans here & everywhere else.

Now THATS what Im saying.
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 09:26 PM   #36
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty
lets be honest Dunky? So what you are saying is Im dishonest then I havent shifted anything, never mind my so called 'attack' on Hatton, which may I say has never been an attack, just an honest opinion! see what I mean about you Hatton fans being nasty to people who dont love him as much as you lot do?

My criticisms of Hatton are just a personal opinion, but im sick of being called a liar etc just cos I dont sing from the same hymnbook as most other people on here. Bloody Hatton fans... you cant say **** all about him that isnt a blatant arselick without creating a storm.

& to think I originally made this thread to show the support Hatton has in Scotland! But instead of evryone talking up the scottish Hatton fans, all that happens is I get hunted down as usual for not loving him!!!

lets forget about me & my non support of Hatton for a second in this thread, & give the legions of scottish Hatton fans some credit, for getting behind an english fighter in his hour of need.

Thats what makes me sad, is that the likes of kevin Anderson etc dont get the same backing from the english fans as the likes of Hatton gets from the scottish fans here & everywhere else.

Now THATS what Im saying.
What are you on about? You have made out that the Arthur incident was one of the key reasons you disliked him. That is proven to be a mistake by you now.
Anderson is simply not known like Hatton is. Trust me, most English supported Steve Collins and Barry McGuigan. Most will support Alex Arthur when he gets his world title fight.

Your "honest" opinion is based on errors. I never said lies, but it is errors. The belief about the Arthur fight for one.
Expecting Anderson to get the same coverage and support as Hatton is like expecting Limond to get the same coverage that Harrison got at his peak....it is unrealistic.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #37
kerrminator
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Anderson provides the best domestic dust ups each year imo

Scott Harrison used to get a lot of unfair criticism and that was way before he went off the rails. He was teak tough, entertaining to watch and would have given any featherweight a tough time imo (he'd have eaten Cook alive too imo)
kerrminator is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 PM   #38
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Im not Scotish obviously, but from this side of the pond and im up for PBF, simply because i am a fan of his. I admit to not really liking the style Hatton has, but if he was from Japan it'd be the same.

I like Witter, Moore, Earl and Williams and would be shouting for all them in a fight, nationality shouldnt come into it when its a sport like boxing
Healy is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 10:03 PM   #39
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike
What are you on about? You have made out that the Arthur incident was one of the key reasons you disliked him. That is proven to be a mistake by you now.
Anderson is simply not known like Hatton is. Trust me, most English supported Steve Collins and Barry McGuigan. Most will support Alex Arthur when he gets his world title fight.

Your "honest" opinion is based on errors. I never said lies, but it is errors. The belief about the Arthur fight for one.
Expecting Anderson to get the same coverage and support as Hatton is like expecting Limond to get the same coverage that Harrison got at his peak....it is unrealistic.
what proof? that was you & gaz trying to do a 'number' on me you pair of gits with false links You guys must think my big scottish head buttons up the back!

Look Strike. I know Ando isnt in Hattons league support wise, in fact no-one is. Hatton IMO could sell out the new Wembley for his fight with Mayweather, hes a british phenomenon. all I ask in return is that the scottish fighters get a wee bit of english support in return for the backing they give the Hatton & the other english fighters. Cos last time I looked, only a handful of englanders gave Anderson credit, the rest were screaming abuse about him & picking guys who they wanted to beat him.

the way I look at it is this 'british' thing is a bit of a one way street, where the scots cheer on the english & welsh lads & the english & welsh lads attack the scots fighters in return. Check out Andersons threads for instance, theres a lot of nasty shit said about Scotlands rising star from people who get outraged at any criticism of english or welsh fighters.
Remember what I said about english & welsh posters being too cosy & constantly taling about Hatton & Calzaghe like they are blood brothers?...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #40
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrminator
Anderson provides the best domestic dust ups each year imo

Scott Harrison used to get a lot of unfair criticism and that was way before he went off the rails. He was teak tough, entertaining to watch and would have given any featherweight a tough time imo (he'd have eaten Cook alive too imo)
aye kerrminator my good man. Didnt the two of us have to put up with some serious shit defending Scotty in the past on numerous forums? Not ****in half mate. The hate was unreal. **** the 'cos Scotty was bad apple' bullshit, cos before Scotty went off the rails the assorted brit forums were unanimous in their hate of all things Scotty. Why? cos he was the best scottish fighter by a country mile when he was at his peak.

We saw the shit for what it was, & your presence Kerrminator is bringing back many memories, & you know what I am saying here my scottish brother.

BTW, tell Anorak I was asking for him if you dont mind Kerrminator, & hes invited over here for tea with me.

You know those englanders, can never resist a good cuppa
Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #41
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy
Im not Scotish obviously, but from this side of the pond and im up for PBF, simply because i am a fan of his. I admit to not really liking the style Hatton has, but if he was from Japan it'd be the same.

I like Witter, Moore, Earl and Williams and would be shouting for all them in a fight, nationality shouldnt come into it when its a sport like boxing
damn right you are not scottish healy, when you call us 'scotish' but dont worry fella, I dont mind!

you must feel you are between a rock & a hard place healy btw, as I know you like me, a Hatton hater but you are a close friend of Strikes, a Hatton nuthugger

So its decision time. You cant be friends with both of us. Sorry to put you up to this, but you have to make a decision.

aah just kidding young fella. Isnt petty ESB rivalries fun?

BTW, good to see you back on ESB Healy, I fought your corner while you were away, so its good to see common sense prevailed on the lounge for once & they let you return.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:02 AM   #42
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Quote:
what proof? that was you & gaz trying to do a 'number' on me you pair of gits with false links You guys must think my big scottish head buttons up the back!

Look Strike. I know Ando isnt in Hattons league support wise, in fact no-one is. Hatton IMO could sell out the new Wembley for his fight with Mayweather, hes a british phenomenon. all I ask in return is that the scottish fighters get a wee bit of english support in return for the backing they give the Hatton & the other english fighters. Cos last time I looked, only a handful of englanders gave Anderson credit, the rest were screaming abuse about him & picking guys who they wanted to beat him.

the way I look at it is this 'british' thing is a bit of a one way street, where the scots cheer on the english & welsh lads & the english & welsh lads attack the scots fighters in return. Check out Andersons threads for instance, theres a lot of nasty shit said about Scotlands rising star from people who get outraged at any criticism of english or welsh fighters.
Remember what I said about english & welsh posters being too cosy & constantly taling about Hatton & Calzaghe like they are blood brothers?...
Well put it this way, most English people I know would support a Scottish fighter and most English TV etc talks about the home nations even in team sports. You do not get the fanatical anti Scottish or Anti Welsh support here in the way you do with Anti England in either of those respective nations.

Look at the support Andy Murray gets at Wimbledon. Hardly cast aside as a "Scot" is he?
Look at how the views of Alan Hansen are given so much respect on Match of the Day and this paranoia about an anti Scottish conspiracy is clearly misplaced.

And the fact that everyone on the site could watch the Arthur links except for you is a tad too convenient.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #43
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
damn right you are not scottish healy, when you call us 'scotish' but dont worry fella, I dont mind!

you must feel you are between a rock & a hard place healy btw, as I know you like me, a Hatton hater but you are a close friend of Strikes, a Hatton nuthugger

So its decision time. You cant be friends with both of us. Sorry to put you up to this, but you have to make a decision.

aah just kidding young fella. Isnt petty ESB rivalries fun?

BTW, good to see you back on ESB Healy, I fought your corner while you were away, so its good to see common sense prevailed on the lounge for once & they let you return.

Im glad you can laugh at it all..

Iknow your passionate, equally in hate as in love

Il just be friends with both of yas

good to see you posting also
Healy is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 01:35 PM   #44
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyT
Ricky Hatton is popular in Scotland but as in England some do not buy into it. It is not reasonable to expect total support from Scotland when that is not the case in England.
In my eyes Dunky is representative of the whole of Scotland
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2007, 02:34 PM   #45
victorhugo4222
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratwurzt
I would always support a Scottish/Wesh/Irish guy against anyone overseas, not against an English fighter I must admit - it's natural I suppose. However, I really wanted that little Scottish guy to knock that Matthews blokes head off. In that fight I didn't give a **** about nationality.
Get it right mate John did KNOCK matthews ****ing head off was just robbed against some reslly dodgy(and corruipt!) judges! Matthews every round including the knockdown? My arse! John is dying for a rematch with matthews and has even said to his promoter alex morrison he got a 1 word response? NO!! ****** wont allow it.
victorhugo4222 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum