boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
kaygb
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Will Oscars ppv sales and his popularity go down now that he's been exposed.

Has Oscars popularity gone down after those photos were shown recently on the internet or will his fans say I don't care if he's bi-***ual or not, he's still one of my favorite fighters and I will always pay big bucks to see him fight?
kaygb is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Oscars ppv sales and his popularity go down now that he's been exposed.

No. Oscar is one of those rare marketing sensations whose marketability has never suffered following losses. The recent controversy will be no different. If anything, it will help further promote his cause.

He will be the sport's top draw for as long as he wants to continue fighting.

Expect annual bouts on Cinco de Mayo weekend for years to come!

Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Will Oscars ppv sales and his popularity go down now that he's been exposed.

Those photos look like fakes, and nobody really gives a **** other than having a good laugh at them. Exposed... whatever.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #4
vonBanditos
Mσderator
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3818

I doubt it matters and he doesn't have many fights left in him anyway. Even if it did matter it would probably only draw more viewers who want to see the guy dressed in drag get knocked out.
vonBanditos is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #5
kaygb
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by braveheart
No body cares about those fake pix
Fake or real. We may never know but now the girl who took the pictures has stepped forward and said they are real. Anyway let's assume for now they are real and the evidence is overwhelming that that's the real Oscar. Will his PPV sales drop, will his popularity drop, will he be too embarassed to continue his career, will his nuthuggers ever admit he posed like that even if Oscar admits it. Your thouhts.
kaygb is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #6
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaygb
Fake or real. We may never know but now the girl who took the pictures has stepped forward and said they are real. Anyway let's assume for now they are real and the evidence is overwhelming that that's the real Oscar. Will his PPV sales drop, will his popularity drop, will he be too embarassed to continue his career, will his nuthuggers ever admit he posed like that even if Oscar admits it. Your thouhts.
I sure as hell find his current predicament funny as hell.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1221

He has just attracted a new fan base so I suspect his numbers will go "up".
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #8
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity

Yep, I read the same thing about Rampage Jackson
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
kaygb
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity

Another incident that puts suspicion on Oscar. He made a bet, or wanted to, with sugar Ray that if his team had more winners he would have to parade around the ring dressed like a woman for all to see. Now why in the world would he come up with something like dressing up like a woman? Pretty obvious isn't it.
kaygb is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #10
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Presscot
I dont know about that. They look pretty authentic to me, and intenet rumor has it that there are actually two sets of photos, one photoshopped and one authentic, and this may be the reason for Oscar's "er, uh, no comment at this time" responses to the allegations. If Oscar wants to be a big drag queen, he has the full support of everyone here at ESB. It's ok for him to come out of the closet.
Yeah they threw in a bunch of photshopped pics with the "real" ones to add to the authenticity.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #11
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Has Oscars popularity gone down after those photos were shown recently on the internet or will his fans say I don't care if he's bi-***ual or not, he's still one of my favorite fighters and I will always pay big bucks to see him fight?
Unfortunatley No! I think it will now gain in popularity and revenue by aquiring the intrest of the GAY community!

I doubt Goldie is a ****.....but the Gay community probably like to think he is a closet *** and would invest time and money into someone like DLH.

And I think he'll keep the female fans b/c you know females.....they like a man in touch with their fem side.

He'll keep the boxing fans b/c he's still a great fighter who offers stern tests to the sports very best.

The only thing I can say that might take a hit is his marriage......He was at the Ritz with a 22 yr old stripper and he was wearing her clothes....how can you explain that to your wife.
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:42 PM   #12
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
I dont know about that. They look pretty authentic to me, and intenet rumor has it that there are actually two sets of photos, one photoshopped and one authentic, and this may be the reason for Oscar's "er, uh, no comment at this time" responses to the allegations. If Oscar wants to be a big drag queen, he has the full support of everyone here at ESB. It's ok for him to come out of the closet.
hey dan i'm surprised you're staying so calm over those photo's, i thought your head would explode by now.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #13
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
I knew it
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #14
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler
Yeah they threw in a bunch of photshopped pics with the "real" ones to add to the authenticity.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #15
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Quote:
It's like the photo of Bigfoot, taken in 1968 by Roger Patterson. Is it real, or some guy in an ape suit??????? One things for sure, they cannot be proved one way or the other. Same thing with the Oscar drag queen photos, and I, for one, will continue to remind each and every one of his fans of these photos on all posts concerning Oscar's fights.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PolishPummler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum