Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #46
la-califa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Heavyweight Tourney: Rd 3: Pt. 2: Results

I went through the posts & read them. didn' quite have it that one sided. Ok, Majority has spoken. Sullivan is perhaps too much of an unknown entity to accuratly guage here in H2H competition.
la-califa is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2009, 08:35 PM   #47
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Heavyweight Tourney: Rd 3: Pt. 2: Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
No, he's no where near a prime Ali with footwork. He has great footspeed, but no rhythm and doesn't have a great ability to stick and move and distribute weight in the motion of his dancing, and that's because he has no rhythm. He bounces in and out from attacks, and it's his awesome offensive that's better than his legs/footwork. Ali's footwork coupled with his best was always his best arsenal, but his legs were more valuable.'

Err, I read what you wrote again. Got mixed up. I think his footwork is touted on about too much. I prefer his slashing offensive, personally.
This isn't a dancing contest. IMO, Tunney was less prone to shots because he always kept his feet moving, and didn't show boat. Ali had more rhythm to his feet, but he did things such as get caught on the ropes, shuffle, and show boat. In addtion Ali took more moments off because his stamina wasn't always as good as Tunney's was.

The list of fighters who could match Tunney's footspeed and stamina is a short one.

If I were to rate the best movers in terms of speed and footwork at heavyweight, Tunney would be way up there.

Ali
Corbett
Walcott

Then Tunney's on the next tier.
Mendoza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum