Old 09-27-2007, 12:56 PM   #16
Fab2333
Needs to Get It 2Gether
ESB Addict

vCash: 623
Default Re: How good is Taylor's chin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060
I think he has a good chin. You gotta have a fairly decent one to go the distance with Wright and Hopkins twice. Pavlik's claim to fame is beating Miranda who was raw and not all that special to begin with so I think it'll hold up just fine in this fight. Both men are capable of hurting eachother but JT's experience and technique will ultimately carry him to victory
i agree 110%
Fab2333 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 01:01 PM   #17
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrian
He looked buzzed against winky a couple of times and as you said winky is not a big puncher. Pavlik has serious power...
Bingo - and he was rocked by Hopkins, who's not exactly known as a devastating puncher, particularly as he got older.

Pavlik is going to show just HOW questionable this guy's chin is! He is going to DESTROY him, and knock him out cold. Earlier than people think, too.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:03 PM   #18
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
I think he has a good chin. You gotta have a fairly decent one to go the distance with Wright and Hopkins twice. Pavlik's claim to fame is beating Miranda who was raw and not all that special to begin with so I think it'll hold up just fine in this fight. Both men are capable of hurting eachother but JT's experience and technique will ultimately carry him to victory

there are a ton of shitty fighters have gone the distance with Wright and Hopkins. Going the distance with both of them is not an indicator that you've a good chin. Also, it's not like taylor is some technically flawless fighters. Pavlik might just be more technically sound
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #19
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner

there are a ton of shitty fighters have gone the distance with Wright and Hopkins. Going the distance with both of them is not an indicator that you've a good chin. Also, it's not like taylor is some technically flawless fighters. Pavlik might just be more technically sound
Exactly. Taylor's chin is questionable, at best. Saturday, we find out if it's even worse.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #20
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Exactly. Taylor's chin is questionable, at best. Saturday, we find out if it's even worse.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #21
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI
Just spoke to someone who was at the presser in NYC on Wednesday & they said Taylor didn't appear as confident as KP during an awesome stare down.

Here we go!
You got any pics?
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 01:56 PM   #22
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Bingo - and he was rocked by Hopkins, who's not exactly known as a devastating puncher, particularly as he got older.

Pavlik is going to show just HOW questionable this guy's chin is! He is going to DESTROY him, and knock him out cold. Earlier than people think, too.
U cant judge someones power or chin by one punch. Even if Hopkins stunned Taylor, it doesn't mean he was hurt on the verge of taking a knee...he could have been stunned but obviously he was able to continue. I personally have watched their fights a couple of times and dont recall where he was hurt by Hopkins...you could have been listening to the HBO commentators who blow everything out of proportion to spark up a boring fight.
Again, you cannot judge someones power or chin by one punch... would it be fair by saying Hopkins is a powerful puncher because he knocked down Tarver as an "old man" while Roy Jones wasn't able to do it?
And til this day, Taylor hasn't been to the canvas, while other guys like Miranda who people were so amazed that Pavlik KO'd him, had been knocked down before coming into Pavlik's fight.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:12 PM   #23
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachatu
U cant judge someones power or chin by one punch. Even if Hopkins stunned Taylor, it doesn't mean he was hurt on the verge of taking a knee...he could have been stunned but obviously he was able to continue. I personally have watched their fights a couple of times and dont recall where he was hurt by Hopkins...you could have been listening to the HBO commentators who blow everything out of proportion to spark up a boring fight.
Again, you cannot judge someones power or chin by one punch... would it be fair by saying Hopkins is a powerful puncher because he knocked down Tarver as an "old man" while Roy Jones wasn't able to do it?
And til this day, Taylor hasn't been to the canvas, while other guys like Miranda who people were so amazed that Pavlik KO'd him, had been knocked down before coming into Pavlik's fight.
I'd say Taylor was a little wobbled by a Hopkins punch in their 1st fight, but I've always felt it was more due to fatigue than anything else. I'm not so sure it's an indicator of how good or bad his chin is.
Ultimately, I do think Jermain's chin is untested, which is what makes this fight with Pavlik so enticing.

We shall see...
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:15 PM   #24
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Yeah right, Taylor will win on points.

Kelly can outmuscle crap like Miranda but Taylor can box, Spinks would outbox Pavlik too.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #25
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Spinks would outbox Pavlik too.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #26
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

Spinks beat Taylor.

Pavlik won't be able to walk through shots to give shots with any proper Middleweight. He can be reckless against the Edison Miranda's of the world but not proper top 10 skilled Middleweights.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:23 PM   #27
teetop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
No. you don't have to have a good chin to go the distance with wright or hopkins. You have an average at best chin if you don't go the distance w/ b-hop, and a china chin if you don't go it w/ winky. Do
you even watch boxing?
teetop is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #28
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Spinks beat Taylor.

Pavlik won't be able to walk through shots to give shots with any proper Middleweight. He can be reckless against the Edison Miranda's of the world but not proper top 10 skilled Middleweights.
If Taylor would have actually let his hands go instead of checking Spinks out the entire fight he probably would have won more clearly

Pavlik fights with more pressure, stamina and a lot more punching power than Taylor. Spinks would be screwed and not strong enough to hold Pavlik off
Old 09-27-2007, 02:28 PM   #29
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

Taylor sucks balls but he acutally has a jab and Isn't reckless.

Even If Pavlik Ko'ed Spinks, Kelly would be down on the cards, Spinks evasive tactics could make Kelly miss alot and drain his stamina that way.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #30
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Taylor sucks balls but he acutally has a jab and Isn't reckless.

does he? where has this jab been, then?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum