Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Qawi vs. Marciano , both prime 15 rds@185/180 cw. who wins and how ?
Marciano by stoppage 13 76.47%
Marciano by decision 2 11.76%
Qawi by decision 1 5.88%
Qawi by stoppage 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #1
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4710
Default Muhammad Qawi vs. Rocky Marciano 15 rounds@185 cw, both prime , who wins and how ?

a catchweight of 185 convenient for both. 180 for those who prefer it.
as long as you consider both prime at the weight.
15 rounds.
a hard question.
marciano was knocked down by moore and walcott.
i believe that qawi is significantly better at least than moore for sure , even h2h and of course p4p.
remember qawi took holyfield the distance and i doubt if holyfield deserved the decision there.
also remember his foreman fight. he really made george look like what he really ever been .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Muhammad Qawi vs. Rocky Marciano 15 rounds@185 cw, both prime , who wins and how

No, Qawi is not better than Moore or Charles.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987
Default Re: Muhammad Qawi vs. Rocky Marciano 15 rounds@185 cw, both prime , who wins and how

You're a retard. Please **** off.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Foreman decked Ike with an illegal kidney punch. Rocky would hit him with plenty of those. Marciano's double hook was deadly against Matthews, and Dwight was forced into retreat by the hook of Johnny Davis. Qawi's way out of his league here.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

marciano ko not much to be added to that or what was said above
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
You're a retard. Please **** off.
get back to the lounge. the tranny threads scream for you.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
No, Qawi is not better than Moore or Charles.
i did not say he was better (h2h) than charles. did not even mention charles.
mentioned only the two i know KD'd marciano. and qawi would have beaten moore this way or another.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #8
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Qawi would NOT have beaten Moore.

well, I actually favour Qawi to last the distance and put up a fight, even though Marciano was also short Qawi's fast bob and weave would allow him not to ship too much punishment, and his fast bludgeoning punches would earn The Rocks respect to an extent, but Marciano just clearly being the superior fighter around this weight sees him take the last five rounds in a bruising battle, 11-4 type decision, Qawi stunned in the last two rounds.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
i believe that qawi is significantly better at least than moore for sure , even h2h and of course p4p.

wow.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #10
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
wow.
so you think moore would have lasted 7 rounds with foreman when overweight , spastic , and out of shape ? or last 15 rounds in an actual draw or even a close win over holyfield at 190 ? or stop 'neon' leon in 6 ? or lose a close decision to michael spinks ? (the last two are possibilities but we will never know)
Old 12-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Qawi would NOT have beaten Moore.

well, I actually favour Qawi to last the distance and put up a fight, even though Marciano was also short Qawi's fast bob and weave would allow him not to ship too much punishment, and his fast bludgeoning punches would earn The Rocks respect to an extent, but Marciano just clearly being the superior fighter around this weight sees him take the last five rounds in a bruising battle, 11-4 type decision, Qawi stunned in the last two rounds.
so you can see him lasting the distance with marciano (i am not saying it is impossible) but can't see him beating moore ?
moore lost a decision to burley. was KO'd by charles. by patterson FFS.
moore was a hugely massive lhw who made a career out of cutting weight - exactly the opposite of p4p.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #12
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #13
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
so you think moore would have lasted 7 rounds with foreman when overweight , spastic , and out of shape ? or last 15 rounds in an actual draw or even a close win over holyfield at 190 ? or stop 'neon' leon in 6 ? or lose a close decision to michael spinks ? (the last two are possibilities but we will never know)
First of all, saying Moore would have done these things does not equate to saying Moore would or would not have beaten Qawi. Those are two distinct issues.

Secondly, I think Moore would have performed as well or better than Qawi in each of the fights listed above.

Thirdly, I would pick Moore to by late KO over Qawi in a 15 rounder.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #14
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
First of all, saying Moore would have done these things does not equate to saying Moore would or would not have beaten Qawi. Those are two distinct issues.

Secondly, I think Moore would have performed as well or better than Qawi in each of the fights listed above.

Thirdly, I would pick Moore to by late KO over Qawi in a 15 rounder.
so you pick the archie moore who was KO'd by Jimmy Bivins and KOBY1 Leonard Morrow to last more than 7 rounds against foreman and to beat a young evander holyfield at 190 ?
Old 12-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #15
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
so you pick the archie moore who was KO'd by Jimmy Bivins and KOBY1 Leonard Morrow to last more than 7 rounds against foreman and to beat a young evander holyfield at 190 ?

Have you ever seen Moore fight?
AlFrancis is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum