Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default MY scorecard for MAB/JMM...

i scored this fight a draw, and the fight had a feeling to it like it was supposed to be a draw, because neither fighter broke away from the other...

RD 1: MAB 10-9...close rd, but MAB landed the cleaner shots more often

RD 2: MAB 10-9...same as previous rd

RD 3: JMM 10-9...JMM starting to land his right hand; but still a close rd

RD 4: JMM 10-9...a clear rd to JMM

RD 5: JMM 10-9...another clear rd to JMM

RD 6: MAB 10-9...MAB back to jabbing, seems to catch a second wind and wins the rd clearly altho JMM had his moments

RD 7: EVEN 9-9...MAB scored a kd, and had a point deducted for hitting JMM while he down...too bad the ref didn't count the kd for MAB, but JMM was hurting MAB before the kd so i scored it 9-9

RD 8: EVEN 10-10...both fighters landing often and trading evenly...neither had a clear edge, too close to call

RD 9: MAB 10-9...yet another close rd, but MAB won most of the exchanges

RD 10 JMM 10-9...JMM took clear control; MAB looked tired

RD 11 JMM 10-9...same as 11th

RD 12 MAB 10-9...MAB edged out this close rd by winning the first 2 mins of the rd clearly

114-114 a DRAW is what a judge with 20/20 vision should've seen IF Nady would've done his ****in job in rd 7...since he didn't, rd 7 had to be a 10-8 for JMM on the cards, so i would've had it 115-113 for JMM with the bogus rd...

there were many close rds in this fight, but i felt that there was a clear winner in these rds except for rds 8 and 7...MAB got jobbed by Nady badly in the 7th, what the hell was Nady doing? and the judge who had it like 117-111 for JMM, no clue how anyone could've come up with that type of score either way...
Jinx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: MY scorecard for MAB/JMM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Barrera could have gotten disqualified for his cowardly act so he should be thankful that Nady gave him a chance.
Nady is the one who blew it, because had he counted the obvious KD and sent MAB into a neutral corner, MAB wouldn't have had the chance to hit JMM while he was down...MAB waited for Nady, Nady did nothing so MAB punched...
Jinx is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 03:54 PM   #3
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

I actually had it for MAB by a round but it was a very close fight....I think MAB and JMM proved they still have it in them but MAB impressed me more...he's been in the game longer, faught better fighters, more wars and still was able to (IMO) Beat the younger and a great technician like JMM. Prime for Prime MAB would beat JMM but today and tomorrow JMM would have the edge....I think that last fight may have been MAB last great preformance....we'll see how he doesn against PAC.
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

I had it 116-111 for Marquez...I could also see 115-112 Marquez, but there were some close rounds. Overall, I think JMM deserved to win the fight.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #5
Shane_Erich
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2110

I don't remember my exact scorecard, but I had Marquez winning by at least a couple points. My buddy I was watching it with had Barrera winning by a couple points, but he loves Barrera and is blind when he scores fights for fighters he likes.
Shane_Erich is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #6
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
Nady is the one who blew it, because had he counted the obvious KD and sent MAB into a neutral corner, MAB wouldn't have had the chance to hit JMM while he was down...MAB waited for Nady, Nady did nothing so MAB punched...
You want to have it both ways, you say it was an obvious KD, but then why in the hell would MAB act is if he was going to punch, stop, and then re**** to unload a punch on a fighter who was obviously on the canvas.

The KD was'nt counted because by the way JMM went down, with his hands outstretched to break a fall, it looked to alot of people that JMM had slipped.
Nady's position kept him from seeing the punch land, and when he saw JMM trying to break his fall by outstretching his hands, he insinuated that he had slipped while punching.

There is absolutely no excuse for punching at a fighter who is down on the canvas, no matter where the heck the ref might be at the time.
If a fighter is on the canvas, you dont punch at him. Plain and simple!
divac is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
You want to have it both ways, you say it was an obvious KD, but then why in the hell would MAB act is if he was going to punch, stop, and then re**** to unload a punch on a fighter who was obviously on the canvas.

The KD was'nt counted because by the way JMM went down, with his hands outstretched to break a fall, it looked to alot of people that JMM had slipped.
Nady's position kept him from seeing the punch land, and when he saw JMM trying to break his fall by outstretching his hands, he insinuated that he had slipped while punching.

There is absolutely no excuse for punching at a fighter who is down on the canvas, no matter where the heck the ref might be at the time.
If a fighter is on the canvas, you dont punch at him. Plain and simple!
MAB got a point deducted for the blow, he payed his debt...Nady still blew a call that caused a 3-point swing in the scoring...i don't give a damn WHY or HOW Nady missed the call, the point is he failed to make a call he was supposed to make...that's why damn every other sport uses instant replay to make the correct calls...
Jinx is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #8
jopez707
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 497

Quote:
MAB got a point deducted for the blow, he payed his debt...Nady still blew a call that caused a 3-point swing in the scoring...i don't give a damn WHY or HOW Nady missed the call, the point is he failed to make a call he was supposed to make...that's why damn every other sport uses instant replay to make the correct calls...
I agree horrible missed knockdown call bye Nady, it was a 3 point turnaround, I scored it a draw like you without the knockdown, with the knockdown a close win for Barrera.
jopez707 is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 PM   #9
4Rounder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 285

Quote:
Correction, its 2 points, one for losing the round and another for the illegal blow.
4Rounder is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #10
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

You know what the funny thing is....Barrera shows his true colors when he was complaining to Larry Merchant about how they didnt score the knock down and how he won.... Larry said hey but you hit him on the head while he was on the canvas.. Barrera said no i didnt.. I forgot if he said it skinned him or he same some BS that Merchant repeated it with sarcasm.
I think Barrera knew at that point he was loosing, and that was his only chance of sealing the deal was by making sure Marquez was down by hitting him again. I think he lost it. If you look at the knock down, Jay Nadey was already trying to push Barrera off, but he went ahead and hit him again.

And there have been fighters known to be DQ'd after pulling a stunt like that...lucky he didnt get DQ'd for the foul.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
Dekkers
Team Bergeron
ESB Senior Member

Even with the KD Marquez won the round, KD makes it 9-9, point deduction makes it 9-8 in Marquezs' favour... rounds aren't automatically scored 10-8 in the favour of someone who scores a KD.
Dekkers is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #12
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

i thought JMM won, scored it similar to brooklyn, and MAB being a dirty fighter is not new to me...wasn't the ref's fault this time.
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:29 PM   #13
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

I had Mab by a hair, but no argument against JMM winning by a point or two (the judges were crazy with those wide scores).
compukiller is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #14
Robbi
Marvelous
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1550
I had it 116-111 for Marquez...I could also see 115-112 Marquez, but there were some close rounds. Overall, I think JMM deserved to win the fight.
Agreed. Marquez between 2-5 points is about right.
Robbi is offline  Top
Old 09-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #15
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
Barrera could have gotten disqualified for his cowardly act so he should be thankful that Nady gave him a chance.
idiot. he could not stop his hand from hitting jmm while he was down.
it's just reflexes:what's on the mind it's too late to stop,especially at a heated fight with heated exchanges, things like that are possible to happen.
you are definitely just a blind jmm nuthugger.
mad_takamura is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum