Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-27-2007, 11:48 PM   #16
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: MY scorecard for MAB/JMM...

I thought Barrera won the fight. And controlled JMM with his jab through most of the fight.
the_what is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2007, 11:52 PM   #17
mad_takamura
It's getting hot in here!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac
You want to have it both ways, you say it was an obvious KD, but then why in the hell would MAB act is if he was going to punch, stop, and then re**** to unload a punch on a fighter who was obviously on the canvas.

The KD was'nt counted because by the way JMM went down, with his hands outstretched to break a fall, it looked to alot of people that JMM had slipped.
Nady's position kept him from seeing the punch land, and when he saw JMM trying to break his fall by outstretching his hands, he insinuated that he had slipped while punching.

There is absolutely no excuse for punching at a fighter who is down on the canvas, no matter where the heck the ref might be at the time.
If a fighter is on the canvas, you dont punch at him. Plain and simple!
agreed.a lot of people also said that on the tv especially on the replay that jmm slipped after being hit to the jaw. nice point.
mad_takamura is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #18
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black
I thought you were an OK pacfan but im starting to think that you're a bit of a moron.

He couldn;t help himself did you say? Too late to stop? are you sure you even saw the fight, no huh?

Reflex my ass dude, Barrera pulled the trigger about 10 seconds after the knockdown so what does reflex have anything to do with it?

Calling me a nuthugger? ROFL Whatever dumbass.
10 seconds? that's pretty long ...what i mean it's too late to stop by his reflexes, he knew what he was going to do was wrong but he could'nt stop it, the momentum was there..it's like when you are hitting with a combo and when you think that the ref did not stop you, you go for it. he was just carried away by the intensity of the fight and that's it: im just surprised that you would call mab cowardly but when you see the fight it was'nt really like that.
i doubt if you ever saw the fight...
Old 09-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #19
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
My man, this post right here just proves that you never saw the fight, either that or you;re fairly new to this sport, and im not trying to diss you..

Let's say fighter A throws a 3 punch combination on fighter B, and fighter B goes down on the second punch, and due to the momentum, the third punch lands when B is clearly down.. In this situation, it wasn't intentional so you can claim that it happened in the heat of the moment and momentum but that's not what happened in Marquez/barrera..

Marquez was clearly knocked down, and barrera was even standing there just looking at him for a few seconds and decided to sneak in that last punch after few seconds of hesitation.

SO what you're telling me doesn't even make sense bro..
the ref did not call it a kd: that's why mab continued it..he hesitated but when the ref did not call it he continued on..
Old 09-28-2007, 12:30 AM   #20
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx

there were many close rds in this fight, but i felt that there was a clear winner in these rds except for rds 8 and 7...MAB got jobbed by Nady badly in the 7th, what the hell was Nady doing? and the judge who had it like 117-111 for JMM, no clue how anyone could've come up with that type of score either way...
Well, when you acknowledge that there were "many close rounds", then you it should be clear to you how 117-111 is possible. It just means this judge saw those close rounds going Marquez's way. Sometimes there can be six consecutive close rounds, where maybe you saw them all one way, another saw them all another way, and another had them even. That's just how scoring goes, and sometimes it creates lopsided scoring in admittedly close fights.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 AM   #21
Morrissey
Underrated
ESB Addict

It baffles me hard how anyone can see this as a MAB win..

Well, it only proves how sentimental they are...
Morrissey is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 12:49 AM   #22
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

ok black im sorry if i called you an idiot, i just did that because you werent answering my questions on why jmm was fagging off to hamed that's why i got a little bit irritated...
don't worry i have indeed watched the fight and i think so are you and my opinion still stands..
Old 09-28-2007, 12:53 AM   #23
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_takamura
the ref did not call it a kd: that's why mab continued it..he hesitated but when the ref did not call it he continued on..
for me this is still momentum. it's the ref's fault anyways at the first place
Old 09-28-2007, 12:55 AM   #24
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

Yeah. I thought the knockdown was huge. I dont even think that Brokeback Marquez would have made it up had Nady given him the proper 10 count.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #25
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
True Nady could have made a better decision but Marco has been fighting since 16 bro, he should know better than any other fighter that once your opponent is down on his fist and knees, you stop getting crazy and go to a nuetral corner.

It's not like his combination was in motion and couldn't be stopped. After knocking JMM downwith a single punch, he stood there looking down at him and pull the trigger a few seconds too late.

Marquez is supposed to be his Hombre too.
"hombres" are nothing inside the ring. it's strictly competition. i believe jmm will think that it's just competition that have mab doing that.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 AM   #26
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

Quote:
Brokeback Marquez? Da heck, Marquez is a killer from Mexico city homey, aka El Mariachi, he's taking names foo!!!!!

Cotto is the real Brokeback u feel me? He just loves getting his cheeks massaged, butt cheeks that is, by his male trainer.. LOL.. I heard it's a ritual thing..

Miguel " Brokeback " Cotto
Marquez has a fetish for little Chinese men.

And again with the Cotto paranoia
the_what is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 03:09 AM   #27
mad_takamura
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
They're just very close friends you know? Marquez has too much of a killer in him to be a flamed out homo.

I introduce to you, the new Finito, El Dinamita Marquez..

Cotto is a dead man walking..
cotto is manly while jmm loves those who are manly..
Old 09-28-2007, 05:31 AM   #28
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

that was a legit KD, and definitely JMM was hurt from that punch..while MAB, (desperate i think) did that with full knowledge that it was illegal...still did it...even taunting JMM while he was down..not the ref's fault..
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 12:45 PM   #29
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

A fighter like Barrera should know not to hit an opponent when he is down. But in the heat of the moment, adreneline is running through their body and they want to take that extra swing without even thinking about it. Nady should have got there faster to get Barrera to a neutral corner. I didn't like the assignment of Nady to this fight...
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #30
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey
It baffles me hard how anyone can see this as a MAB win..

Well, it only proves how sentimental they are...
Seems like you are baffled easily then. IMO MAB won by a round. I feel Mab controlled the fight consistantly with his ring generalship and educated jab. Not to say JMM didn't fight well or make it VERY competitive...he just didn't do enough especially with the KD.
charlievint is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum