Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
ricardoparker93
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 5403
Default Would have, Could have, Should have

Name your prime example of a fighter who typifies the thread title.

And Mike Tyson is excluded.
ricardoparker93 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #2
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Would have, Could have, Should have

Riddick Bowe
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Michael Nunn
Meldrick Taylor
Salvador Sanchez
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #4
Mr Butt
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1054

salvador sanchez would of could of should of gone on to be a long standing world champion
Mr Butt is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #5
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

How long before one of them [i] says Tony Ayala?

Khaokor Galaxy. retired after only 21 fights if I'm not mistaken, had emphatic victories over Sung-Kil Moon and Wilfredo Vasquez. Should've moved up to super bantam if he was struggling with the weight and fought Daniel Zaragoza.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Francisco Bojado
I think David Tua could have accomplished more if he stayed in shape.
Ike Ibeabuchi for obvious reasons.
Hasim Rahman too, I know hes not the greatest fighter, but he looked really good before the first Tua fight working with Tommy Brooks. He was in great shape and a very busy fighter, which was good enough for the 90's.
Buster Douglas had real good skills but a somewhat weak mind and poor work ethic
Tony Tubbs, focused and in better shape too
A lot of 80's heavyweights had real good skills but piss poor work ethics.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Panchito Bojado was very talented and explosive but he pissed his talent away. Im from the same area so i no people that know him and they said he believed his hype 2 much and didnt like to train and liked to party. This kid was a cant miss who came up with Cotto,Juan Diaz,Juarez and was thought to be a way better prospect than those 3. I met him at the WBHof banquet and this guy had like 3or4 fights and had some bullshit belt and he rolled up in a limo and was carrying his belt I got the feeling that in his mind he thought he was a PFP top guy already. Nice kid but you could tell the hype was getting to his head. He was only like 18 at the time so I guess he was to immature to realize he still had more work to do.
I must admit I was on the Bandwagon of this kid and talking about him Whupping Mayweathers but in a few years. Instead a few years later He was losing to an Old Jesse j Leija.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #8
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
Riddick Bowe
Good pick! Lower down the scale, Andrew Golota, Kirkland Laing.
mcvey is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Panchito Bojado was very talented and explosive but he pissed his talent away. Im from the same area so i no people that know him and they said he believed his hype 2 much and didnt like to train and liked to party. This kid was a cant miss who came up with Cotto,Juan Diaz,Juarez and was thought to be a way better prospect than those 3. I met him at the WBHof banquet and this guy had like 3or4 fights and had some bullshit belt and he rolled up in a limo and was carrying his belt I got the feeling that in his mind he thought he was a PFP top guy already. Nice kid but you could tell the hype was getting to his head. He was only like 18 at the time so I guess he was to immature to realize he still had more work to do.
I must admit I was on the Bandwagon of this kid and talking about him Whupping Mayweathers but in a few years. Instead a few years later He was losing to an Old Jesse j Leija.
Yeah, he just lost his desire to fight. He looked pretty good with his speed and combinations. He had the looks and style to really make it big, but just wasted away. Vargas and ODLH tried to work with him, but he just lost his interest in boxing.
Old 12-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #10
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Good post.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 07:16 PM   #11
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict

Naseem Hamed between his ego and his brothers shit advice he was ruined.I know it is heresy to some people but I really think he could of been the best of his generation.Some say the Barrera fight exposed Hamed as a fighter but in reality it exposed his lack of dedication and utter disregard for peoples opinions.If only and I hate to say it as I detest the man he had listened to ****** he could of been an atg.
Decy is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

John Conteh.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #13
Decy
Barely Coherent
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Sense View Post
John Conteh.
Great pick loved the women and the drink although in his defence he did have serious hand problems.
Decy is offline  Top
Old 12-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #14
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decy View Post
Naseem Hamed between his ego and his brothers shit advice he was ruined.I know it is heresy to some people but I really think he could of been the best of his generation.Some say the Barrera fight exposed Hamed as a fighter but in reality it exposed his lack of dedication and utter disregard for peoples opinions.If only and I hate to say it as I detest the man he had listened to ****** he could of been an atg.
This one is hard for me. All through the early part of Hameds career he was dangerously reckless with his technique. He was the most open puncher Ive ever seen, got nailed and knocked down, and flailed around ther ing.
Hamed to me was just a reckless banger with a unique style that worked on a certain level, but never would have worked on the top level against good technically sound fighters. He beat some decent fighters, but the timing of those fights were good enough to make him look better than reality.
It was far to late when Steward and Suarez got him to try and turn him into a tight boxer puncher, and really they should have just kept him on the level he was fighting at. Kudos for him wanting to test his skills, but in reality, what did he have? He was short, had a piss poor jab, no defense, and sloppy footwork. Only thing is he punched like a middleweight and threw his punches from the floor. Everyone falls in love with a big puncher, but once you start facing guys who can stand in the pocket and throw straight punches, you get exposed, ala Vic Darchinian (same type of scenario). So in a nutshell, you take away their power, and you have a mess.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #15
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Darren Barker, and counting.
teeto is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum