richard mossley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
BrummyLad
Sergio Kun Aguero
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Who Is More Out Of Shape?

tyson, he actually doesnt give a flying **** about his weight, like arreola...
BrummyLad is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Well Fury is a heavyweight. Yes he's flabby but he's at his weight and can do what he likes even if we don't agree with it. Saunders is nowhere near a super middle and seems to be fighting a good 2-3 weights over his natural fighting weight. So i'd say Saunders is..
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
BrummyLad
Sergio Kun Aguero
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Well Fury is a heavyweight. Yes he's flabby but he's at his weight and can do what he likes even if we don't agree with it. Saunders is nowhere near a super middle and seems to be fighting a good 2-3 weights over his natural fighting weight. So i'd say Saunders is..
I personally think he can boil down to welter or at worse lmw. Its unreal he isnt bothered about his career when he is so gifted with talent. My argument is that Fury has been a pro for over a year now and he still cant be arsed to get in shap, have in mind saunders has been locked up and been messing about, fury hasnt any excuses he is just plain ****ing lazy...
Old 12-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #5
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyLad View Post
I personally think he can boil down to welter or at worse lmw. Its unreal he isnt bothered about his career when he is so gifted with talent. My argument is that Fury has been a pro for over a year now and he still cant be arsed to get in shap, have in mind saunders has been locked up and been messing about, fury hasnt any excuses he is just plain ****ing lazy...
Yep i do agree mate cos at one point Tyson lost a bit of it and then three weeks later had a gut and looked awful. Yep Billy Joe for me is a welter. I cannot believe why he's boxing so high. Gavin and DeGale are fighting at Natural weights.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Fury like Arreola is a disgrace. Considering how often they fight and that they are training every day, can you IMAGINE how much they must eat!

Saunders looks like he should be at 147. The guy is officially fighting at super mw!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
BrummyLad
Sergio Kun Aguero
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Yep i do agree mate cos at one point Tyson lost a bit of it and then three weeks later had a gut and looked awful. Yep Billy Joe for me is a welter. I cannot believe why he's boxing so high. Gavin and DeGale are fighting at Natural weights.
If saunders was fighting soem decent opposition he would have to sort his shit out and wouldnt get awya with being so lazy, lucky the guys he fights are part timers. If you look at fury and saunders attitude to boxing you can see that they will go no further that brit champs unless they shape up. Gavin has really changed his ways ofgetting in toruble and boozing. I heard that saunders races horses round the streets and goes on the piss nearly everyday. Unreal!!! .
Old 12-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #8
howarya
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

saunders by a country mile.should be a welterweight.fury can do what he likes as he is heavyweight
howarya is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyLad View Post
If saunders was fighting soem decent opposition he would have to sort his shit out and wouldnt get awya with being so lazy, lucky the guys he fights are part timers. If you look at fury and saunders attitude to boxing you can see that they will go no further that brit champs unless they shape up. Gavin has really changed his ways ofgetting in toruble and boozing. I heard that saunders races horses round the streets and goes on the piss nearly everyday. Unreal!!! .
It's been mentioned a lot of times on here and some felt it was stereotyping. Romany boys do seem to have this attitude to boxing sadly. I can tell people that first hand. Not all but some just think it's a tear up and some really do have ability. Boxing is an art form i wish the boys would get that in there heads. So many of them have messed it up...not all...can't tar all with same brush
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #10
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Fury gives me impression he's they type that goes ''arrrhhhh mum can i have nice cup of tea, dad go get da biscuits and chocolates, Been a hard days training...deserve a lil treat''
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Arreola makes me laugh, he said the other day "I train but then training makes me hungry" or something along those lines, genius!

Does he think David Haye and the Klitschko's starve themselves to look the way they do or something?
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #12
BrummyLad
Sergio Kun Aguero
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Fury gives me impression he's they type that goes ''arrrhhhh mum can i have nice cup of tea, dad go get da biscuits and chocolates, Been a hard days training...deserve a lil treat''
Mum says to Fury 'Ive made you a pack lunch for training son' Then proceeds to hand him a rucksack of junk food and before he leaves for training he polishes off a fry up. After training i reckon he sits down for a big meal. just looking at him you can see his molly coddled and he is 'the baby' of the house hold. He doesnt seem hungry pardon the pun. He hasnt got that go getta attitude that john murray and frankie gavin have got. Fury will do well with a total change of lifestyle, cant see saunders doing the same tho, his future is .... behind bars.... kid looks like a total **** up to be fair he has like 2 kids by the age of 18, he punches his missus up and gets in trouble. He doesnt seem like a unhealthy lad he just doesnt seem to want boxing. thoughts???
Old 12-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
ryanm8655
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3731

I think with arreola it is to some extent down to natural body type. I don't quite understand how a professional athlete can fail to overcome that natural bodytype having presumably been training much of their life though.
ryanm8655 is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

BJS is a very talented boxer,im sure jimmy tibbs would tell him if he felt he was boxing at the wrong weight
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I see what you are saying Ryan.

A guy can train an awful lot and still look in less than great condition. Plenty of footballers train very hard and look podgy, such as Gazza and Lampard.

Arreola though is just a fat ****. He is 6'1'' and 260lbs. Fury is 6'8'' and 255lbs. Granted he is slightly less broad but still, seven inches taller and lighter - doesn't add up. Arreola shouldn't be any more than 215/220lbs. He has one hell of an engine and can clearly give and take a punch - more dedication would really help.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum