Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Absolutley epic: Chartchai Chionoi KO13 Efren Torres

In-fighting, heart, chin, skill, heart & heart.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WprLsCpOlms&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsgZAUslo98&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQv9ZavUe_M&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwSstWz4FV0&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqgXstKzxE&feature=channel[/ame]

And what a horrific cut. Did/do you guys have Torres ahead at the stoppage?
McGrain is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Absolutley epic: Chartchai Chionoi KO13 Efren Torres

[quote=McGrain;5608564]

Quote:
And what a horrific cut. Did/do you guys have Torres ahead at the stoppage?
I had Torres well ahead up until the stoppage, I`ll see if I can find my scorecard and post it up on the what fights have you scored recently thread.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging B(_)LL View Post

I had Torres well ahead up until the stoppage, I`ll see if I can find my scorecard and post it up on the what fights have you scored recently thread.
RB! I was thinking about you the other day. I was watching Turpin-Olson. What happened in the third fight between Torres and Charchai? Reads like a one-sided drubbing. Odd.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 12-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
RB! I was thinking about you the other day. I was watching Turpin-Olson. What happened in the third fight between Torres and Charchai? Reads like a one-sided drubbing. Odd.
I`ll ask a Thai buddy of mine if he can dig up some info on their final bout, unfortunately there doesn`t seem to be much available. I do know that the fight was filmed, however so far no footage has surfaced as of yet. I do think that Torres was winning handily both of their first two bouts before the stoppages, he was making a complete monkey out of Chionoi for long stretches in both fights.

It was only his indomitable will, durability and power that kept Chionoi in there, otherwise he was being outclassed for the most part by Torres. Speaking of Torres his fight against Susumu Hanagata is one hell of a fight as well, I believe it was Mexico`s fight of the year that year and for good reason, that little Jap sure gave Torres all he could handle that day.

And I am glad to hear that you finally got around to watching the Olson/Turpin bout as well, Carl really did some paintjob on Randy in that one, Turpin showed a lot of moxy as you brits would say in lasting the distance considering the punishment he absorbed. Very underrated fighter Olson was, he is much better than most folks give him credit for today.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
GPater11093
Barry
East Side VIP

vCash: 836

Quote:
I`ll ask a Thai buddy of mine if he can dig up some info on their final bout, unfortunately there doesn`t seem to be much available. I do know that the fight was filmed, however so far no footage has surfaced as of yet. I do think that Torres was winning handily both of their first two bouts before the stoppages, he was making a complete monkey out of Chionoi for long stretches in both fights.

It was only his indomitable will, durability and power that kept Chionoi in there, otherwise he was being outclassed for the most part by Torres. Speaking of Torres his fight against Susumu Hanagata is one hell of a fight as well, I believe it was Mexico`s fight of the year that year and for good reason, that little Jap sure gave Torres all he could handle that day.

And I am glad to hear that you finally got around to watching the Olson/Turpin bout as well, Carl really did some paintjob on Randy in that one, Turpin showed a lot of moxy as you brits would say in lasting the distance considering the punishment he absorbed. Very underrated fighter Olson was, he is much better than most folks give him credit for today.
Your right that Olssen was underrated i really love his crap like defence he changedthe distance constantly between him and his opponent but his feet staye din the same place he kinda leaned back and forwards in an odd rythm
GPater11093 is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:

I've seen it a couple of times actually, though I haven't actually put it under the microscope yet.

Would love to hear a bit more about the third fight. Seems odd that Chi would be on the end of two such savage beatings and then all of a sudden take over...he sure is one tough hombre though. I don't think he slips a jab after the shellaking he takes at the beggining of round 7. Keeps coming though. Love the infighting in this war.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Chionoi is a terrific action fighter.his past prime effort against Ohba was another great fight.

Not the most skilled fighter you will ever see, but those looping bombs were dangerous as hell, as well as being very physical for the weightclass.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 AM   #8
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

I give it a wee bump for anyone who hasn't seen it and has the time/inclination.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 07:31 AM   #9
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Lookin forward to watching this cheers McGrain, and RB and Mantequilla for the insights
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #10
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
I give it a wee bump for anyone who hasn't seen it and has the time/inclination.
i watched it the other day on your recommendation. i wasn't disappointed. Brutal just about sums it up. A hard man Chionoi, he looked like he was on his way out a couple of times, great powers of recuperation. You got to feel sorry for Torres. I was surprised there wasn't a riot after the stoppage.
AlFrancis is online now  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #11
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Is the Masao Ohba vs Chionoi fight available? Can't find it on the tube.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #12
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Is the Masao Ohba vs Chionoi fight available? Can't find it on the tube.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 AM   #13
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
As always Al

Seems hard to navigate though, being in Japanesehope I find part 2,3,4,5 etc in the correct order
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #14
AlFrancis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
As always Al

Seems hard to navigate though, being in Japanesehope I find part 2,3,4,5 etc in the correct order
It's only highlights.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #15
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlFrancis View Post
It's only highlights.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's cool saves me the hassle. Need to watch more Ohba to be honest, seems a 'Sanchez-esque' story.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum