Old 12-10-2009, 03:32 AM   #31
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Genaro Hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
Neither Hernandez or Vasquez quit like Duran chose to in Leonard/Duran II.

He turned his back and in the very most literal sense quit.
You just said it was wrong to describe a fighter as "quitting" if he's shown himself to be a "blood and guts warrior" otherwise.

Duran was as blood and guts as they come.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 03:11 AM   #32
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

At 130lbs Genaro was the man. DLH wouldnt fight him at 130 cause he knew better. Genaro told me he had 3 amatuer fights and i also heard it on one of his fight broadcasts on prime ticket. In my opinion Genaro is the most underrated boxer of my time. Checkout the nelson fight. Nobody including whitaker schooled azumah the way chicanito did. He was a masterful boxer and an even better father, husband, and person. You will never meet a more respectful, humbled, polite man in the world. I would see him in the grocery store and talk to him for 30 minutes to an hour just about boxing. He didnt have the too cool attitude or anything. He had time for everyone. I wish him and his family the best. Check out the gerena fight. It was a barnburner.
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #33
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
I dont think Esparragoza was any better than Chicanito,he hit harder but Hernandez was probably the better boxer.
ODLH was too strong for Hernandez,but I thought Chicanito still won a couple of round. From I what I remember it was pretty close before Delahoya broke his nose. I do agree that he was past his prime when he fought Mayweather,I also agree that it wouldnt have made much of a differance although he would have probably lasted the distance

I think Hernandez is kind of underrated,I also think He is borderline HOF.
Mosley fractured his nose in 3 places 2 weeks before the fight at east la college. I was there. Hernandez woulda boxed esparagozas ears off. BORDERLINE HOF....hahahahahahaahha. ring mags jr lightweight of the decade in the 90's who lost only twice in competitive fights to dlh and mayweather. You are off your ass buddy! Hes in the ****in HOF if gatti is. Trust me.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:59 AM   #34
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmaldito View Post
Mosley fractured his nose in 3 places 2 weeks before the fight at east la college. I was there. Hernandez woulda boxed esparagozas ears off. BORDERLINE HOF....hahahahahahaahha. ring mags jr lightweight of the decade in the 90's who lost only twice in competitive fights to dlh and mayweather. You are off your ass buddy! Hes in the ****in HOF if gatti is. Trust me.
Check this out Maldito. Im very aware of his career accomplishments, I have also met him and his brother Rudy on numerous occasions along with the Real Big one(i forgot his name) I used to see Genaro at the LA Boxing(no longer there) gym all the time Of off Olympic&Washington in the same parking lot as the Olympic Auditorium. Saw him spar with Zack Padilla never caught him and Shane sparring but it was around that same time. I also said that he was a better boxer than Esparragoza so you aint telling me nothing new.
As for HOF well borderline means that he will probably get in. I just think it will take a while since there are other top notch guys that arent in. Shit Danny Lopez barely got in and he retired 27 f---ing years ago! For as great as Chicanito was,Lopez was more known due to more TV exposure and had at least the same resume and a bigger equalizer! A true One punch knockout artist.
Also i never stated that Gatti should get in,and if he does than I agree that Chicanito was the better fighter. IF Barry Mcguigan is in believe me Chicanito should be in too.
Where in LA are you from?
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #35
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Check this out Maldito. Im very aware of his career accomplishments, I have also met him and his brother Rudy on numerous occasions along with the Real Big one(i forgot his name) I used to see Genaro at the LA Boxing(no longer there) gym all the time Of off Olympic&Washington in the same parking lot as the Olympic Auditorium. Saw him spar with Zack Padilla never caught him and Shane sparring but it was around that same time. I also said that he was a better boxer than Esparragoza so you aint telling me nothing new.
As for HOF well borderline means that he will probably get in. I just think it will take a while since there are other top notch guys that arent in. Shit Danny Lopez barely got in and he retired 27 f---ing years ago! For as great as Chicanito was,Lopez was more known due to more TV exposure and had at least the same resume and a bigger equalizer! A true One punch knockout artist.
Also i never stated that Gatti should get in,and if he does than I agree that Chicanito was the better fighter. IF Barry Mcguigan is in believe me Chicanito should be in too.
Where in LA are you from?
Im from mission viejo. Ive been to the old la boxing w genaro. I trained with him when he was planning on making a comeback and fighting terrible morales. Bummer that fight didnt happen.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #36
Cobra33
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Alot of people don't know that De LA Hoya wouldn't fight Hernandez at 130.At 135 De LA Hoya was just too big for Hernandez.But at jr.lightweight Hernandez was king.He only lost to great boxers.Did anyone ever see him spar with Sugar Shane?If so how was the sparring session?
Cobra33 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #37
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I never saw Him spar with Shane,but i was around LA boxing gym around the time they did and from what I hear he did very well, I saw him spar with Zack Padilla and Hernandez held his own did,but Zack was very aggressive. Zack also used to do well with Shane even get the better some times but Shane is responsible for ending Padillas career due to a bloot clot in his brain. All the guys use to go at it with eachother when they were already world class,or champions. Oscar also sparred with Genaro when he was a hot shot Amatuer and supposedly got the best of him (depending on who you believe) there was animosity between the 2 for the longest time.
anarci is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum