Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-19-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Down with Jermain!!!!

And, no I do not mean Jermaine Jackson

Taylor has been a blight in boxing for quite sometime now. His reign as the most Disputed Undisputed champ in recent history is a testament to the corruption of the boxing establishment.

He was given not 1, but 2 gifts against Hopkins, was saved by a laughable draw against Winky, and IMO cleanly outboxed by Cory Spinks.

That's right, Cory "welterweight" Spinks.

The sad thing is, Taylor is a young fighter who once, it seems like decades ago, showed some shadings of promise. But he was avaerage at best, and beating up on small and old 154 pounders will make anyone look like a beast.

He seems like a nice enough guy, and he certainly is not lacking in heart. But I believe if Taylor will ever improve, the illusion of Jermaine Taylor, middle weight savior, must be totally destroyed.

HBO and Lou Dibella cannot continue carrying him. The broadcasters at HBO show an unatural love for this man, so much so that they have to tear down older, better and more successful fighters (Bhop, Winky) just to make him not look like the average fighter he is. Lou Dibella has desperately tried to get an opponent that he can strarch, but Jermaine can't pull the trigger anymore. He has fought lately at not too much above a journeyman level of performance. He looked like an absolute bum against Spinks. SPINKS!!!

I believe Hopkins exposed Taylor as a hype job in his two fights with him. No matter what those damn HBO bought judges wrote on the cards, JT was beaten, physcially, but especially mentally. BHOP took something from Jermaine in those fights. He made Jermaine doubt himself very deeply.

A spirited effort against Winky cannot hide the fact that Wright, the smaller man, stood RIGHT IN FRONT of JT and not only outboxed him, but actually whipped his ass. Backing him up, and punishing him with clean power punching.

But another HBO gift saved the day for young Taylor. His rightfully won his fight with Ouma, but looked less than stellar as he could never even drop the much, much smaller man.

Manny Steward, a great trainer according to anyone who is a rational thinking fan, has done nothing with him. Manny has been on his job though, begging BHOP and Winky to retire live on HBO, so that JT will never have to face them again as JT moves up in weight. But even Steward lost his cool with Taylor's awful performance against Spinks. His yelling at Jermaine on live TV was an HBO 2007 highlight.

For the good of boxing, the good of the fans, and for Jermaine Taylor himself, this charade must come to an end. Jermaine needs to be taught a brutal lesson. He needs to be checked. He needs to be scared straight.

He Needs to be KTFO!!!!

Last edited by compukiller; 08-19-2007 at 11:47 PM.
compukiller is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Down with Jermaine!!!!

The first fight with Hopkins was too close even though it was too soon for Taylor, but still the first fight could've been a draw, the rematch was a clear win for Taylor in my opinion and I believe he won the Wright fight as well. His fight with Ouma and Spinks were pathetic, I agree but that doesn't mean he's an easy target, not at all and I believe the Pavlik fight will prove it whether he wins or loses.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
The first fight with Hopkins was too close even though it was too soon for Taylor, but still the first fight could've been a draw, the rematch was a clear win for Taylor in my opinion and I believe he won the Wright fight as well. His fight with Ouma and Spinks were pathetic, I agree but that doesn't mean he's an easy target, not at all and I believe the Pavlik fight will prove it whether he wins or loses.
Pavlik will have to KO for sure. No one wins a decision against Jermaine Taylor.
Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP

vCash: 1852

I know alot of people have argued against, but as I watched the fight and still looking back over it I feel Spinks won. Note: I am a fan of Taylor.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #5
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin

****! I love this post.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
alex-boxer42
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I might be the only won, but I think he may have even lost the ouma one. He was definitly close to getting outworked, thats for sure.
alex-boxer42 is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM   #7
Mrboogie23
what the??
ESB Senior Member

I understand some of the flack the guy catches but to hate him is ridiculous.

His competition is much tougher then MOST champions today. He doesnt back down from a challenge. Yes, some of his fights have been ugly, but he doesnt have the speed required to look great against someone like cory spinks. Spinks makes most people look bad. Winky is the same.

he's a good fighter that genuinely wants to fight good competition. He took on Ouma for a ****ing tuneup for ****s sake.
Mrboogie23 is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 09:48 PM   #8
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

He's a good fighter with two modern greats under his belt.

And a fight with the #1 contender, arguably, around the corner.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
maximumsg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

His great wins over two greats will be forever tainted by punch stats. He got outlanded in all three of those fights. For the people that think he won them watch it with now sound without the HBO cheerleaders and I promise you will change your mind, mainly because he never lands **** unless you ask lamply.
maximumsg is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximumsg
His great wins over two greats will be forever tainted by punch stats. He got outlanded in all three of those fights. For the people that think he won them watch it with now sound without the HBO cheerleaders and I promise you will change your mind, mainly because he never lands **** unless you ask lamply.
Yeah, the wins were suspect, and so was the draw. But he still took those fights which I though was admirable. People act like he's blown that stock already, but some dominant champs can go years - years, literally - without tangling with two fighters as tood as Hopkins and Wright.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 10:35 PM   #11
thewoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by compukiller
And, no I do not mean Jermaine Jackson

Taylor has been a blight in boxing for quite sometime now. His reign as the most Disputed Undisputed champ in recent history is a testament to the corruption of the boxing establishment.

He was given not 1, but 2 gifts against Hopkins,
I stopped reading right here. Taylor won both those fights and ****ers need to just get over it.
thewoo is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 10:58 PM   #12
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewoo
I stopped reading right here. Taylor won both those fights and ****ers need to just get over it.

I forgive you. HBO casts a very strong spell, indeed.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:04 PM   #13
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrboogie23
I understand some of the flack the guy catches but to hate him is ridiculous.

His competition is much tougher then MOST champions today. He doesnt back down from a challenge. Yes, some of his fights have been ugly, but he doesnt have the speed required to look great against someone like cory spinks. Spinks makes most people look bad. Winky is the same.

he's a good fighter that genuinely wants to fight good competition. He took on Ouma for a ****ing tuneup for ****s sake.
Ouma IS a tune up for a top class, large MW, because he's right there to be hit. The performance was pathetic, don't act like Ouma is anything notable in the sport of boxing when Karmazin already dominated him and dropped him.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 11:36 PM   #14
Mrboogie23
what the??
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
Ouma IS a tune up for a top class, large MW, because he's right there to be hit. The performance was pathetic, don't act like Ouma is anything notable in the sport of boxing when Karmazin already dominated him and dropped him.

so because Ouma lost to Karmazin we should write him off. He was a champ 154 and a good fighter. Amsterdam, I understand your points in reference to Jermain vs Pavlik but what I dont understand is peoples hate for him.

Thats what bugs me. He's a GOOD fighter. And yes it should matter that he did well against the type of competition that most fighters would lose to.

Regardless of age, hopkins and winky are still world class fighters. Jermaine has fought world class competition on a consistent basis. He deserves respect and I'm getting sick of the hate that people constantly spew.

Okay, maybe you dont agree with the decisions, thats fine, but one thing that ISNT debatable is the fact that Jermain is that they were close fights and the decision UNDERSTANDABLY could have gone to EITHER fighter.

People act like it was daylight robbery. its bull****, and the hate he gets is not warranted.
Mrboogie23 is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #15
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrboogie23
so because Ouma lost to Karmazin we should write him off. He was a champ 154 and a good fighter. Amsterdam, I understand your points in reference to Jermain vs Pavlik but what I dont understand is peoples hate for him.

Thats what bugs me. He's a GOOD fighter. And yes it should matter that he did well against the type of competition that most fighters would lose to.

Regardless of age, hopkins and winky are still world class fighters. Jermaine has fought world class competition on a consistent basis. He deserves respect and I'm getting sick of the hate that people constantly spew.

Okay, maybe you dont agree with the decisions, thats fine, but one thing that ISNT debatable is the fact that Jermain is that they were close fights and the decision UNDERSTANDABLY could have gone to EITHER fighter.

People act like it was daylight robbery. its bull****, and the hate he gets is not warranted.
It's not him we hate. It is all the hype around him, and especially HBO's treatment of him. It is un******ted and shameful.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum