Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
theuppercut
Blackpudding supper
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Beside my claymore
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 1000
Default Bruce Curry v Monroe Brooks - help

Does anyone know what the grudge was between these two before they fought for the NABF LWW title in 78?
theuppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Raging B(_)LL
KAPOW!!!
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: "To win without risk is to triumph without glory"
Posts: 1,339
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bruce Curry v Monroe Brooks - help

I believe the dispute was over a woman, I recall reading that years ago on another forum. Don`t know if its true or not, but seeing how they were supposedly real close and then all of a sudden became bitter enemies it wouldn`t surprise me, one of them probably screwed the other ones woman or something to that effect.
Raging B(_)LL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
ThinBlack
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bruce Curry v Monroe Brooks - help

That's a rough way to go.
ThinBlack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
The Morlocks
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 900
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bruce Curry v Monroe Brooks - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by theuppercut View Post
Does anyone know what the grudge was between these two before they fought for the NABF LWW title in 78?
They used to be roommates and best friends. that was a terrific fight. another great fight from that year that is worth getting is Alfonso Zamora-Richie "Superfly" Sandoval
The Morlocks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,221
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bruce Curry v Monroe Brooks - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morlocks View Post
They used to be roommates and best friends. that was a terrific fight. another great fight from that year that is worth getting is Alfonso Zamora-Richie "Superfly" Sandoval
So are Matthew Saad Muhammad's fights that year with Yaqui Lopez (rematch was better, but first fight was pretty good too) and Richie Kates.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #6
Longhhorn71
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bruce Curry v Monroe Brooks - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging B(_)LL View Post
I believe the dispute was over a woman, I recall reading that years ago on another forum. Don`t know if its true or not, but seeing how they were supposedly real close and then all of a sudden became bitter enemies it wouldn`t surprise me, one of them probably screwed the other ones woman or something to that effect.
I remember reading that in the Ft. Worth paper...Curry's hometown.
Longhhorn71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #7
The Morlocks
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 900
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bruce Curry v Monroe Brooks - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer View Post
So are Matthew Saad Muhammad's fights that year with Yaqui Lopez (rematch was better, but first fight was pretty good too) and Richie Kates.
Those are good fights especially the Kates fight when each one punch knocked down each other.
The Morlocks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #8
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,799
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bruce Curry v Monroe Brooks - help

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morlocks View Post
They used to be roommates and best friends. that was a terrific fight. another great fight from that year that is worth getting is Alfonso Zamora-Richie "Superfly" Sandoval
Alberto Sandoval. Richie Sandoval came along later.....
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013