Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
GregDempsey

vCash:
Default BoxRec Rankings

BoxRec is a great resources for fighters, managers, promoters, journalists, and even the serious fan, heck even a causal one. I also often check out the rankings, because of how massively extensive they are, also due to the fact that they arent political like the alaphbet boys. However, I invite you to go to rankings, look up world ranking, heavyweight, but do all time, not current. Here is what you getage: 1 | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] | [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]namepointsW-L-Dlast 6careerstanceresidence1[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
3[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]1
4[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
OK the first 3 are good..but then Patterson? he was a respectable champ, great guy,and of course he would whip my ass, but he isnt the 4th greatest heavyweight of all time. They have actually cleaned up the all time heavyweight rankings some..i remember a few years about they where totally rediculars...the first few guys where some guys from the 30's with like a hundered wins and lots of losses...anyhow..comments..and how do they make those rankings..and does anyone know what they did a few years back to make the rankings make...at least, some sense compared to what was going on. Thanks.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:08 AM   #2
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 917
Default Re: BoxRec Rankings

boxrec is good for a lot of information but it has flaws including how it ranks boxers both curently and all time.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

How many times do we have to say this?

DON'T
USE
BOXREC
RANKINGS
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
essexboy
The Cat
ESB Addict

vCash: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
How many times do we have to say this?

DON'T
USE
BOXREC
RANKINGS
Yeah thats pretty much written in stone.
essexboy is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
Arminius
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I only use BOXREC to check individual boxing records. I use it a lot in fact. But I did not even know they ranked boxers. Putting Floyd fourth shows ranking is not their best attribute.
Arminius is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
GregDempsey

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
I only use BOXREC to check individual boxing records. I use it a lot in fact. But I did not even know they ranked boxers. Putting Floyd fourth shows ranking is not their best attribute.
They rank current fighters as well...and if look on the page you will see a "ranking" portion, and you can go by "all time", and yes, the ranks are crazy...floyd ends up at 4, dempsey ends up at like 25, ...

but honestly, it use to be even more crazy..at least the first three guys ali louis and johnson are good..it use to be that the number one guy at heavyweight of all time was some guy i had never heard of...and who's name i now dont remember.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum