Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #31
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Put these little guys in order of greatness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
good point, roman has been forgotten here. i'm gonna watch roman-laciar, have been meaning to
Laciar was also very good and a long reigning champ.
anarci is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #32
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

hey addie you act like these guys could just come inside at will without getting any heat in return. Sounds like you talk about Lopez as if he was some average puncher. Lopez was a very sharp puncher, he knocked out a lot of guys.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM   #33
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
hey addie you act like these guys could just come inside at will without getting any heat in return. Sounds like you talk about Lopez as if he was some average puncher. Lopez was a very sharp puncher, he knocked out a lot of guys.
He isn't moving up to Light Flyweight and knocking out a guy like Yuh, who had insane stamina and toughness on his side. I concede that Yuh would have to take shots too, but he didn't give anyone any reason to suggest he'd have a lot of trouble taking the shots from a hard hitting Minimumweight.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #34
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Well i see that most of you still underrate Lopez. Addie I think you have him on the opposite side of the ratings,Lopez is the only one in my opinion that clearly seperates himself from the rest
Ok as for the rest wow,these guys are pretty much on par with eachother. i have Chang 2nd put only a hair above the rest I think everyone else is pretty much on par with eachother but here i go
1. Lopez

2. Chang
3.Chiquita-Carbajal
5.Yuh
6.Roman- Moon
8. Zapata
9.Gushiken
Ok this is probably the tightest list ive made in a while although Moon stopped Roman. Roman was at the end. I guess between 5 and 9 I wouldnt argue no matter what order you put this.
Why do you rank Yuh above those guys? Outside of the fact that he's had a lot of attention on these forums recently, of course.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #35
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
Why do you rank Yuh above those guys? Outside of the fact that he's had a lot of attention on these forums recently, of course.
My list would be.

1. Chang
2. Zapata
3. Roman
4. Gushiken
5. Lopez
6. Myung-Yuh
7. Moon
8. Gonzalez
9. Carbajal

I think some of Moon's best wins were circumstantial, and I'm more impressed with Yuh on film and that coupled with his dominance and intangibles is why I rank him above Moon. I also rank him above Gonzalez and Carbajal because I think he has less weaknesses and would have beaten both of them. I'd have no arguments with anyone putting Yuh at the bottom.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #36
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Here would be my list.

Jung-Koo Chang
Ricardo Lopez
Hilario Zapata
Yoko Gushiken
Sung-Kil Moon
Gilberto Roman
Myung-Woo Yuh
Humberto Gonzalez
Michael Carbajal
Old 12-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #37
cotto20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Here would be my list.

Jung-Koo Chang
Ricardo Lopez
Hilario Zapata
Yoko Gushiken
Sung-Kil Moon
Gilberto Roman
Myung-Woo Yuh
Humberto Gonzalez
Michael Carbajal
Chang over Lopez? Reasons? I just don't see it......
cotto20 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #38
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I think some of Moon's best wins were circumstantial, and I'm more impressed with Yuh on film and that coupled with his dominance and intangibles is why I rank him above Moon.
The wins over Roman and Zapata were circumstantial because they were done by that point, but the two knockout wins over Konadu certainly weren't. The only fighter he lost to anywhere near his prime was Khaokor, who he'd previously beaten by technical decision due to a headbutt from Khaokor that stopped the fight (Moon was up on the cards at the time). The two wins over Konadu and his KO streak against the top contenders of the era hold him in high esteem for me, as ugly as he may have been to watch.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #39
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iran barkley View Post
Chang over Lopez? Reasons? I just don't see it......
I just thought he was a more impressive fighter, and he proved it against better competition, even when past his prime. I'd favor him in a bout between the two, in fact I'd bet money on it.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #40
cotto20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I just thought he was a more impressive fighter, and he proved it against better competition, even when past his prime. I'd favor him heavily over Lopez in a bout between the two, in fact I'd bet money on it.
Interesting.....I feel Lopez was the more impressive and skilled fighter aswell as being the greater and more consistet fighter. I would of bet heavy money on Lopez beating Chang......
cotto20 is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #41
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
The wins over Roman and Zapata were circumstantial because they were done by that point, but the two knockout wins over Konadu certainly weren't. The only fighter he lost to anywhere near his prime was Khaokor, who he'd previously beaten by technical decision due to a headbutt from Khaokor that stopped the fight (Moon was up on the cards at the time). The two wins over Konadu and his KO streak against the top contenders of the era hold him in high esteem for me, as ugly as he may have been to watch.
It all comes back to the point you made yesterday Pea about distinguishing effective styles and aesthetically pleasing styles. It has to be said that Galaxy beat the shit into him in the rematch, and Khaokor had never looked worse than when they first met. Full credit for the wins over Konadu. Despite your own rankings, do you feel Yuh has a case to be ranked above Moon?
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #42
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Interesting.....I feel Lopez was the more impressive and skilled fighter aswell as being the greater and more consistet fighter. I would of bet heavy money on Lopez beating Chang......
He was obviously going to be more consistent against the hapless opposition he routinely faced. But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I think Chang would've swarmed all over the very textbook correct Lopez in a similar manner to how Harada did Jofre.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #43
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Do you not feel Chang's style was the perfect foil for a stand up boxer like Lopez?
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #44
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It all comes back to the point you made yesterday Pea about distinguishing effective styles and aesthetically pleasing styles. It has to be said that Galaxy beat the shit into him in the rematch, and Khaokor had never looked worse than when they first met. Full credit for the wins over Konadu. Despite your own rankings, do you feel Yuh has a case to be ranked above Moon?
Not a strong one, but you could make the case depending on your criteria, such as if you simply favor consistency and title defenses over dominance and quality of opposition.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #45
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Not a strong one, but you could make the case depending on your criteria, such as if you simply favor consistency and title defenses over dominance and quality of opposition.
I think Yuh was a better fighter. He was more complete. If you gave Yuh Moon's power, he would have been pretty darn close to unbeatable in his division in my judgment. He needed to be "on" for 12 rounds nearly every time out because he didn't have the kind of power to knock someone out with a single shot, whereas Moon could have been getting his ears boxed off, and then lands something from left field and it's goodnight.

Myung-Woo Yuh vs Sung-Kil Moon at 115lbs? Who takes it and why?
Addie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum