Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #46
cotto20
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Put these little guys in order of greatness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
He was obviously going to be more consistent against the hapless opposition he routinely faced. But I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I think Chang would've swarmed all over the very textbook correct Lopez in a similar manner to how Harada did Jofre.
Yeah......Opinions vary. But I see Lopez just being to techincaly sound for Chang and has the power and accuracy to make Chang respect him and possibly even deck him, throughout the fight.

But agree to disagree....
cotto20 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #47
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
Why do you rank Yuh above those guys? Outside of the fact that he's had a lot of attention on these forums recently, of course.
Check this out bro! I didnt have to watch him on you tube to know about Yuh ok. I knew of Yuh long before ESB or even the internet existed. He dominated his division for a long time I remember in the 80s when he won the title on a controversial decision from Joey Olivo a fighter from the same gym that i trained at as a teen. So dont assume im some newbie boxing fan that got my ideas from some KID historian like you

Last edited by anarci; 12-11-2009 at 08:58 PM.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #48
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
He isn't moving up to Light Flyweight and knocking out a guy like Yuh, who had insane stamina and toughness on his side. I concede that Yuh would have to take shots too, but he didn't give anyone any reason to suggest he'd have a lot of trouble taking the shots from a hard hitting Minimumweight.
Addie the weight difference is 3 lbs.
Also Lopez brought his power up he knocked out 2 jr fly champs Potlelo,and Vorapin. Im not saying he would have knocked Yuh out but he would have got his respect and hurt Yuh if he continued toswarm him relentlessly for 12 or 15 rounds.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #49
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
Addie the weight difference is 3 lbs.
Also Lopez brought his power up he knocked out 2 jr fly champs Potlelo,and Vorapin. Im not saying he would have knocked Yuh out but he would have got his respect and hurt Yuh if he continued toswarm him relentlessly for 12 or 15 rounds.
Myung-Woo Yuh wasn't a relentless swarmer, and he wasn't accustomed to getting hit cleanly on a consistent basis throughout a fight either. He had great movement, and his fleet of foot allowed him to literally leap in and out of distance giving him room to counter any lazy reaching shots from the opposition. Lopez will be missing even more than he was against Alvarez. We can disagree on who would win a fight, but I think it's pretty certain that Yuh isn't getting stopped here. Not by a single shot or accumulation.

Just so you know it's nothing personal against your boy, Lopez, I don't think anyone that ever campaigned at 108lbs would have stopped Myung-Woo Yuh. He was just too tough, and at times, too elusive to sustain the amount of punishment required.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #50
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Myung-Woo Yuh wasn't a relentless swarmer, and he wasn't accustomed to getting hit cleanly on a consistent basis throughout a fight either. He had great movement, and his fleet of foot allowed him to literally leap in and out of distance giving him room to counter any lazy reaching shots from the opposition. Lopez will be missing even more than he was against Alvarez. We can disagree on who would win a fight, but I think it's pretty certain that Yuh isn't getting stopped here. Not by a single shot or accumulation.

Just so you know it's nothing personal against your boy, Lopez, I don't think anyone that ever campaigned at 108lbs would have stopped Myung-Woo Yuh. He was just too tough, and at times, too elusive to sustain the amount of punishment required.
Well when he fought Olivo he was coming forward,but i was exaggerating a little bit by calling him a swarmer,guess i thought i was talking about Chang for a second.
I did catch his fight that was posted so i could refresh my memory on him and he did move more than i remember but he still threw alot of punches my opinion still hasnt changed. Lopez was just on another leverl. I know that yuh was never stopped what i was trying to say was that Lopez would get tohim and his power would be effective.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-11-2009, 09:34 PM   #51
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Well when he fought Olivo he was coming forward,but i was exaggerating a little bit by calling him a swarmer,guess i thought i was talking about Chang for a second.
I did catch his fight that was posted so i could refresh my memory on him and he did move more than i remember but he still threw alot of punches my opinion still hasnt changed. Lopez was just on another leverl. I know that yuh was never stopped what i was trying to say was that Lopez would get tohim and his power would be effective.
Fair enough. We established long ago that you overrate Lopez.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 08:47 AM   #52
Mantequilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
It all comes back to the point you made yesterday Pea about distinguishing effective styles and aesthetically pleasing styles. It has to be said that Galaxy beat the shit into him in the rematch, and Khaokor had never looked worse than when they first met. Full credit for the wins over Konadu. Despite your own rankings, do you feel Yuh has a case to be ranked above Moon?
To be fair to Moon, his long time trainer and friend died right before the Galaxy rematch and he was unable to call the fight off.He'd apparently been in hospital the whole night before the fight and had no sleep/little food etc before going into the fight.Whatever the extent of it was, he certainly didn't look himself in the fight.I don't think we quite got to see what a full 12 round fight both at their best would look like.
Mantequilla is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #53
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think Yuh was a better fighter. He was more complete. If you gave Yuh Moon's power, he would have been pretty darn close to unbeatable in his division in my judgment. He needed to be "on" for 12 rounds nearly every time out because he didn't have the kind of power to knock someone out with a single shot, whereas Moon could have been getting his ears boxed off, and then lands something from left field and it's goodnight.

Myung-Woo Yuh vs Sung-Kil Moon at 115lbs? Who takes it and why?
Moon would've blasted him out early. Total mismatch due to Moon's far superior physicality.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #54
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Check this out bro! I didnt have to watch him on you tube to know about Yuh ok. I knew of Yuh long before ESB or even the internet existed. He dominated his division for a long time I remember in the 80s when he won the title on a controversial decision from Joey Olivo a fighter from the same gym that i trained at as a teen. So dont assume im some newbie boxing fan that got my ideas from some KID historian like you
Don't lie. I taught you everything you know.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #55
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Moon would walk through Yuh IMO.

Love the fact 'Iran Barkley' has already reverted bck to Cotto20 and sent me an abusive email
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #56
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I'm back on the classic but there's still loads of cunts on here
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #57
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
I'm back on the classic but there's still loads of cunts on here
Thought we were cool mate. **** yourself then.

Am I alone when I say Yuh was more talented and a better fighter than Moon, who just had the physical attributes and power that Yuh lacked.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #58
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Depends on your criteria for "talent".

I think Yuh was better schooled and technically sound fighter...but as for raw physical talent you would have to go with Moon.

Who had a great chin, ungodly power and underrated ring awareness all of which for most part came naturally to him.

Yuh might be more aesthetically pleasing from technical standpoint but you cant deny how effective Moon's approach was.

Moon would ice him if they fought...I have little doubt about that. A match if both were the same size would be very interesting however.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #59
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Depends on your criteria for "talent".

I think Yuh was better schooled and technically sound fighter...but as for raw physical talent you would have to go with Moon.

Who had a great chin, ungodly power and underrated ring awareness all of which for most part came naturally to him.

Yuh might be more aesthetically pleasing from technical standpoint but you cant deny how effective Moon's approach was.

Moon would ice him if they fought...I have little doubt about that. A match if both were the same size would be very interesting however.
What I meant was, Yuh wasn't just more pleasing aesthetically, but he was better technically and a more effective "boxer". I tend to agree that Moon would win based on his size and power, but I still think Yuh was more talented.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 10:16 PM   #60
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

But there are different ways to skin a cat.

Moon beat better fighters with his approach and so I dont you could definitively say that Yuh was more effective when he actually had a pretty hard time against the best fighters he fought.

I think had Moon had Yuh's opposition he would have done just aswell..likely better given his power.

Whereas Im not so sure you would see Yuh come out unscathed against Konadu, Galaxy, Zapata, Roman et al.

Hence I dont think he is anymore talented or effective just because he had a longer reign against lesser opposition...But each to their own Adds.
WhataRock is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum