Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-11-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
haglerforever
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Tyson vs Foreman in their prime????

What a war. I`m leaning to Tyson . foreman was every bit as powerfull but with no speed and tyson was bobbing and weaving, even thru somes staight punches at that time in his career.I think that tyson would hit foreman with some bombs and end it early , but tyson had some trouble with big men and none of them hit like foreman. thoughts???
haglerforever is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Sardu
RIP Mr. Bun: 2007-2012
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tyson vs Foreman in their prime????

Tyson had immense handspeed but he could could only fight one way which is moving foward.

Frazier tried to box more in the second Foreman fight but only delayed the enivitable. Ironically, I think Tyson might do better against the earlier version of Foreman because that Foreman was more reckless and seemed to be easier to hit.

I think Foreman in 1988-91 would have a great chance to defeat Tyson. Since you stated both men in their prime I'll still go with Big George.

Foreman by 4th round knockout since it probably would not last long either way.
Sardu is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 02:38 AM   #3
laxpdx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I do agree with the guy who said that one combatant will end up getting carried out. IMO it would be Tyson. He will come forward and find Big George's jackhammers waiting. What round I'm not sure, but how can this one not end with a KO?
laxpdx is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #4
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Foreman. Not that it would be definite but the psycho Foreman that destroyed Frazier and Norton would probably destroy Tyson. Except Tyson didn't fight like any of those guys and you couldn't say how the styles would play out for sure. But I say Tyson gets frustrated, can't bully Foreman around does his best and gets hurt badly.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 04:40 AM   #5
junior-soprano
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i red a story once, where don king asked mike to fight an old foreman and mike screamed to don king :"i am not fighting that animal, if you love the ****er so much you fight him".
that says it all i think. if you yourself don't believe you have the smallest chance of beaten someone. how the hell are you ever gonna beat someone ?
junior-soprano is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 04:51 AM   #6
itrymariti
Caņas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by haglerforever View Post
What a war. I`m leaning to Tyson . foreman was every bit as powerfull but with no speed and tyson was bobbing and weaving, even thru somes staight punches at that time in his career.I think that tyson would hit foreman with some bombs and end it early , but tyson had some trouble with big men and none of them hit like foreman. thoughts???
Ever heard of Joe Frazier?
itrymariti is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 04:59 AM   #7
Quitali Bitchko
The Punisher
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrymariti View Post
Ever heard of Joe Frazier?
Yes and he didnt come close to having the two handed power, chin and speed of Tyson...or combination punching. Tysons style (mid range) is alot more suited imo to beat Foreman. Foreman didnt have the speed, movement or deffense to beat a prime Tyson. End of.
Quitali Bitchko is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 05:09 AM   #8
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

Foreman Beats mike prime For Prime,

Someone here said that Tysons Mid range was good against foreman

Anyone who has seen the Foreman V Frazier Fight would Know Foreman didnt beat Joe on the Inside, he PUSHED Frazier to MID RANGE and Destroyed him.

So infact mike's Mid Range Style Is Good For George.

Mike Would Lunge in and Foreman Would Land those Uppercuts, then he would Push Mike away (Mike Likes to Rest when he jumps in), He Would Man Handle Mike Just like he Did to Joe. mike's a Good Fighter but He doesnt Beat Prime George.
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #9
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardu View Post
Tyson had immense handspeed but he could could only fight one way which is moving foward.

Frazier tried to box more in the second Foreman fight but only delayed the enivitable. Ironically, I think Tyson might do better against the earlier version of Foreman because that Foreman was more reckless and seemed to be easier to hit.

I think Foreman in 1988-91 would have a great chance to defeat Tyson. Since you stated both men in their prime I'll still go with Big George.

Foreman by 4th round knockout since it probably would not last long either way.
Prime for prime,I'd take your scenario with George winning early. Tyson would capitulate,after taking too much punishment and not being able to set himself. During 1988-91 I'd say Tyson.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #10
itrymariti
Caņas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitali Bitchko View Post
Yes and he didnt come close to having the two handed power, chin and speed of Tyson...or combination punching. Tysons style (mid range) is alot more suited imo to beat Foreman. Foreman didnt have the speed, movement or deffense to beat a prime Tyson. End of.
Chin? Frazier had one of the best chins ever, and was never laid out cold in the way Tyson was against Douglas and Lewis.

Tyson is walking into a brick wall against Foreman: someone who is bigger, stronger, heavier and tougher; someone who could catch him on the way in, take his head off if Tyson wanted to trade and shove him off on the inside.
itrymariti is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 10:36 AM   #11
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Prime Foreman would have roughed up, disrespected and dominated prime Tyson much like he did Joe Frazier, although it can be agreed on that Frazier wasn't at his prime for their fight...it wouldn't have mattered actually, as the styles and size disparity would have always favored George and the result would always been the same, IMO.
red cobra is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #12
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

I'd take Foreman. I think his power delivered from low was immense and would hurt Tyson, he'd punch through his guard with his uppercuts and hooks round the side. Tyson would come forward but Foreman was physically stronger more of a presence. Tyson would try and keep Foreman at mid-range but wouldn't have time to get his punches off. Foreman would of obliterated him.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #13
Bummy Davis
Champion
East Side Guru

I think Tyson had better hand speed and took a more solid punch than Frazier( who had a good chin but was shook and wobbled by the likes of Bonevena,Woody Goss,Manuel Ramos...If George survives the early rds he has a shot but a Young version of George had stamina problems. Foreman had a good chin but the only so-called puncher Foreman 1 faced was Lyle and we all know Tyson hit 2X as hard as Lyle
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #14
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Foreman never faced anyone near the speed and power of Tyson at his best. Tyson would give Foreman hell and his probbing open stance would get quickly countered by a Tyson bomb and Foreman would be rolling around on the canvas. Foreman was just as much of a bully as Tyson was during his prime.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #15
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haglerforever View Post
Thought about this before, really difficult but stylewise Ive got to go for Foreman... tho its not impossible that Tyson could get inside & blast him out either.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum