boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2007, 04:41 PM   #46
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,346
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Erratic, I am not even going to bother about these allegations as much as I did for Holyfield's, but it doesn't surprise me that a strong Cotto supporter starts a thread with this issue...With all due respect that you ought to know I have for you ( and 4 Shilpa), get outa here! What I really wanted to confirm is if Shane was in fact stripped of the WBC interim title or not, I am still not getting the confirmation on the issue anywhere else but in a thread started here in ESB.
Strong Cotto supporter?

Thinking Cotto beats Mosley doesn't make me a strong supporter.

I've been rather critical of Cotto until this year when he agreed to fight Margarito, and then signed to fight Mosley.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2007, 05:44 PM   #47
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dei Gratie, Ergo Sum quod Sum
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 75
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
Strong Cotto supporter?

Thinking Cotto beats Mosley doesn't make me a strong supporter.

I've been rather critical of Cotto until this year when he agreed to fight Margarito, and then signed to fight Mosley.
Whatever, you are not supporting Cotto and believe Cotto beats Mosley as an outsider with his "immense skills", whatever you say, you ought to know. But still it's in the ring that the scores will be settled so both you and I keep fingers crossed that it will be decided in the ring and not over-turned by doping issues, just to check.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #48
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,346
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
Whatever, you are not supporting Cotto and believe Cotto beats Mosley as an outsider with his "immense skills", whatever you say, you ought to know. But still it's in the ring that the scores will be settled so both you and I keep fingers crossed that it will be decided in the ring and not over-turned by doping issues, just to check.
What are you talking about?
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #49
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dei Gratie, Ergo Sum quod Sum
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 75
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Behavior
What are you talking about?
You once said that Miguel has a lot of skills like the HBO crew talk about and he would beat Shane for that and other reasons... What I am saying is that you are not counting on anything else but the physical confrontation on Nov 10... So am I, and thus, there's no doping issue to affect the balance towards Cotto's side.
Dorfmeister is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #50
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

sad news.
DoumB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #51
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeddie27
guys, as brooklyn said, it doesnt surprise me either. We just have to learn to live with this as it is not going away. If you rely on your body to make millions of dollars, you are going to dope, do steriods, something. I might not agree with it, but i understand why they do it. The long term health problems are the only reason some might not do it (and thats a good enough reason if you ask me)
No, we do not have to accept it. Publicize and criticize the sh*t out of the cheaters, even if that is more than 50% of boxers. Soon enough the commisions will follow suit.
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #52
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: East London
Posts: 32,959
vCash: 1900
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfmeister
You once said that Miguel has a lot of skills like the HBO crew talk about and he would beat Shane for that and other reasons... What I am saying is that you are not counting on anything else but the physical confrontation on Nov 10... So am I, and thus, there's no doping issue to affect the balance towards Cotto's side.
you are not making sense, because he thinks cotto will win he automatically hates shane?
Relentless is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #53
ROC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 305
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
It wouldn't surprise me at all if these allegations were true. I couldn't help at notice how much stronger Mosley used to look at 154 when he said he was "weight training". He's never looked that strong and powerful at 147 despite the fact that he's come down in weight a couple of times.
My words exactly,
ROC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #54
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC
My words exactly,
I see you`ve only started watching boxing recently. Mosleys physical size at 54 compared to 47 wasnt even noticeable.He look disproportionately small compared to Vargas.Note he was also a massive lightweight and skipped 140 and jumped straight to 47. I remember some of his fights at 35 with Shane coming in as high as 159 when hydrated.Shane essentially is a natural welter and looks the part.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #55
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
It wouldn't surprise me at all if these allegations were true. I couldn't help at notice how much stronger Mosley used to look at 154 when he said he was "weight training". He's never looked that strong and powerful at 147 despite the fact that he's come down in weight a couple of times.


MOsely looked strong and powerful @ 154? Against who?
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:45 AM   #56
ROC
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 305
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
I see you`ve only started watching boxing recently. Mosleys physical size at 54 compared to 47 wasnt even noticeable.He look disproportionately small compared to Vargas.Note he was also a massive lightweight and skipped 140 and jumped straight to 47. I remember some of his fights at 35 with Shane coming in as high as 159 when hydrated.Shane essentially is a natural welter and looks the part.

And it looks like you haven't been updated!
Go to ESPN.com and read the article buddy,he admitted taking the stuff!
No way could he have been stronger that Oscar at 154 when he wasn't at 147 naturally and now that truth came out.
ROC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:47 AM   #57
sues2nd
Fading into Bolivian...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston...
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
i attributed that to not staying in the gym like he used to, and weight training.

now hes skinnier, staying in the gym year round just about, and hes looking more like he used to.


this will really dissapoint me. Mosley is a gentleman of the sport, a 'good guy' so to speak... and i hate the thought of his success coming at the aid and price of cheating.

say it aint so sugar.
Couldnt say it better myself....I really hope this aint true.
sues2nd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:49 AM   #58
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 950
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

I believe Mosely.

And if the allegations are true, then it only did one thing... Make him worse. So there.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 03:16 AM   #59
audio101
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,332
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Once agian people Shane Mosley trains in Big Bear,California the High Altitude is supposed to produce more Red Blood cells so steroids arent really needed in that case. Plus Shane took a **** and lie detector test and passed both also the article even states he never had a postive test.
Open your eyes, he took **** they didn't test for. Like baseball not testing for HGH.
audio101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 04:10 AM   #60
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Where the sun spends the winter.
Posts: 18,866
vCash: 75
Default Re: Shane Mosley Accused of Doping

his career is tainted, still a classy guy, but still a tainted career
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015