Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
Vincent Gottschalk
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Both sides are looking past each other

Taylor is talking about fighting Calzaghe after the Pavlik fight while Pavlik trainer is talking about Pavlik fighting Abraham, Duddy and Mora when Kelly beats Taylor Glad too hear that Pavlik will stay at middleweight for a little while if he wins the title as I really want to see him fight guys like Abraham and Duddy in wars and give a beat down to Mora
Vincent Gottschalk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
Executioner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Both sides are looking past each other

That's Pavlik's trainer though..not Pavlik himself
Executioner is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think both guys are focused on each other, regardless of what their quotes might indicate.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Sam
I think both guys are focused on each other, regardless of what their quotes might indicate.
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Taylor isn't looking to move up to 168 in first place but rather staying at middleweight (from Maxboxing video interview).

He said that he publicated moving to 168 due to the hard weigh drain before his last fights. But this time it was pretty easy for him (sounds like a new diet plan developed for him) and now he thinks about staying at 160 for a few more fights after beating Pavlik.

160 isn't dead, indifferent of the winner tomorrow...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca
Taylor isn't looking to move up to 168 in first place but rather staying at middleweight (from Maxboxing video interview).

He said that he publicated moving to 168 due to the hard weigh drain before his last fights. But this time it was pretty easy for him (sounds like a new diet plan developed for him) and now he thinks about staying at 160 for a few more fights after beating Pavlik.

160 isn't dead, indifferent of the winner tomorrow...
160 and 168 are both looking pretty good for the future.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
KayEpps
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 356

Taylor is looking to move to 168 - that's why they have a rematch clause for 168 - if Taylor loses.

For this fight - he's doing great. Up in the Poconos, with no distraction - it's easier for him to make weight this time. It doesn't make a difference to me if he moves up or stays - I'm going to watch him regardless.
KayEpps is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 03:28 PM   #8
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayEpps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_Tocca

If this is the case - why do they have a rematch clause for 168lbs.

Taylor is looking to move to 168 because of what he's having to go through to lose the weight.

For this fight - he's doing great. Up in the Poconos, with no distraction - it's easier for him to make weight this time. It doesn't make a difference to me if he moves up or says - I'm going to watch him regardless.
I still think that there is unfinished business for either Taylor/Pavlik at 160. An in regard to why there's a rematch clause for a rematch at 168 - Taylor thought, that after this fight he woul never be able to make 160 again. But now after his training camp he changed his mind...easy as that...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
Dorfmeister
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I don't know if that's just a trick to take away pressure off in the last 48 hours or if they really mean it - Jermain could already have agreed with Joe but turned his back, now he can be a lil bit late and Bernard is a strong competitor for the Calzaghe fight ( which Joe favours, him and B-Hop), Abraham is to get a unification with Felix Sturm for the WBA/IBF versions and Kelly would have to wait and defend the WBC's in the meantime - I believe they are tryin to get people behind them like politicians who promise great tax downfalls and plenty of employment, Kelly would be en route to middle unification and Jermain would be têtê-a-têtê with Calzaghe... Most likely is that the fight will be close and a rematch Pavlik-Taylor under way one way or the other...
Dorfmeister is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum