Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 12-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Julio Cesar Chavez vs Juan LaPorte

Watched this fight a few days ago and it was very entertaining. Both guys standing toe to toe and banging each-other hard to body and head. Impressed with Chavez as usual, never losing composure, just doing a very workman like and efficient job on the tough La Porte. Entertaining fight. The commentators had it a draw but I thought Chavez clearly got the better of the action, and LaPorte was pretty busted up at the end of it all. I could watch that fight multiple times though, good solid action. Any thoughts?
Addie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
natonic
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Julio Cesar Chavez vs Juan LaPorte

I thought Chavez got it clear. A very good fight though.
natonic is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I just watched the last 3 rounds and Chavez look briiliant,but you know whats scary is that Chavez hadnt even reached his prime yet! Laporte is an underrated fighter and forgotten, Mcguigan is lucky he didnt get a motivated Laporte. Laporte has one of the best Chins In the History of Boxing. For any of you that disagree go to your liitle You tube and check it out.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
I just watched the last 3 rounds and Chavez look briiliant,but you know whats scary is that Chavez hadnt even reached his prime yet! Laporte is an underrated fighter and forgotten, Mcguigan is lucky he didnt get a motivated Laporte. Laporte has one of the best Chins In the History of Boxing. For any of you that disagree go to your liitle You tube and check it out.
Hey, come on Anarci, some of us need Youtube. I'm 20 years of age, I was to busy breast-feeding at the time to have seen the fight live. Give me a break.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Hey, come on Anarci, some of us need Youtube. I'm 20 years of age, I was to busy breast-feeding at the time to have seen the fight live. Give me a break.
This wasnt meant for you my friend It was for smart asses like Sweet Pea that thinks he knows all, and no onle else doesnt Know.

You are humble dude and at least you admit that you dont know everything and would like to learn about all fighters from the past.

YOU DONT PRETEND TO BE A NO ATT ALL.

YOU COOL ADDIE ..........BARRERA IS MY BOY TOO
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
This wasnt meant for you my friend It was for smart asses like Sweet Pea that thinks he knows all, and no onle else doesnt Know.

You are humble dude and at least you admit that you dont know everything and would like to learn about all fighters from the past.

YOU DONT PRETEND TO BE A NO ATT ALL.

YOU COOL ADDIE ..........BARRERA IS MY BOY TOO
Fair enough mate.

Now go on my new Myung-Woo Yuh thread and take a peak at the guy who'd flatten your boy Finito.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Watched this fight a few days ago and it was very entertaining. Both guys standing toe to toe and banging each-other hard to body and head. Impressed with Chavez as usual, never losing composure, just doing a very workman like and efficient job on the tough La Porte. Entertaining fight. The commentators had it a draw but I thought Chavez clearly got the better of the action, and LaPorte was pretty busted up at the end of it all. I could watch that fight multiple times though, good solid action. Any thoughts?
Bought this fight a couple of years ago, not seen it in a while tho, Im sure I had Chavez by a more comfortable lead than the commentators too, they were a little off.... decent fight.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 07:11 PM   #8
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Fair enough mate.

Now go on my new Myung-Woo Yuh thread and take a peak at the guy who'd flatten your boy Finito.
Like i said SON you got much to learn Check out Rosendo Alvarez if you wanna learn about some good little guys. Or my Homeboy Joey Olivo who was robbed against your boy Yuh. Will grigsby,Alberto jimenez,Danny Romero(at fly) Melchor cob Castro and Mark Johnson .

Mark Johnson in his prime would whup all those guys ass onyour other thread even my boy Finito. But i thought his fight with Jimenez could have gone either way.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #9
MRBILL
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I was never big on Juanito LaPorte..... He had a punch with some basic skill.... Yes, his chin was solid..... But if LaPorte was unable to put you away, he'd lay on them ropes and make ear-muffs and fall behind on points.......

His (LaPorte's) fight with Chavez in '85 or '86 was at 130 pounds...... Chavez was a bit drained down that low........ Chavez really looked charged when he TKO'd Rosario in '87 at 135....

I thought Chavez still out-worked LaPorte and earned the nod..... I have this fight on tape........

MR.BILL
MRBILL is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
My2Sense
Champion
East Side Guru

I always thought it was pretty close fight; could've gone either way by a point or two IMO.
My2Sense is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 04:13 AM   #11
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
I was never big on Juanito LaPorte..... He had a punch with some basic skill.... Yes, his chin was solid..... But if LaPorte was unable to put you away, he'd lay on them ropes and make ear-muffs and fall behind on points.......

His (LaPorte's) fight with Chavez in '85 or '86 was at 130 pounds...... Chavez was a bit drained down that low........ Chavez really looked charged when he TKO'd Rosario in '87 at 135....

I thought Chavez still out-worked LaPorte and earned the nod..... I have this fight on tape........

MR.BILL
Chavez admited to not feeling well leading up to and during that Laporte fight......as you said, that feeling was likely for struggling to make the weight.

......and yet, without fail, those who dont like Chavez will always point to the LaPorte fight, and the Lockridge fight and say Chavez got gifts in them.......

....and personally for me, the Lockridge fight in which Chavez fought injured one of his hands (I think the right) was one of his best performances.

Chavez injured one of his hands and then went on the backfoot propinating Lockridge a boxing lesson.

......the fact that Chavez went on the backfoot after injuring his hand, is enough for the haters to lay claim that Chavez was given a gift.

......these haters could'nt stand to see Chavez display his arsenal of boxing skill, and here was there chance to say, "ah, Chavez is backing away, he's losing.".....ignoring altogether the beautiful display of boxing Chavez dispensed while fighting with an injured hand.
divac is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #12
anarci
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

The fight with Laporte was much closer than the one with Lockridge
I thought Chavez edged Laporte by 2 points,and I had him 116-112 over Rocky.
anarci is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #13
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

It honestly never crossed my mind anyone could consider giving this fight to LaPorte. It was a tightly contested action fight, but Chavez was clearly getting the best of most of the exchanges.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 AM   #14
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Like i said SON you got much to learn Check out Rosendo Alvarez if you wanna learn about some good little guys. Or my Homeboy Joey Olivo who was robbed against your boy Yuh. Will grigsby,Alberto jimenez,Danny Romero(at fly) Melchor cob Castro and Mark Johnson .

Mark Johnson in his prime would whup all those guys ass onyour other thread even my boy Finito. But i thought his fight with Jimenez could have gone either way.
You talk shit. Get over it and face up to the fact that Lopez just isn't that proven.

'Too Sharp' was brilliant though.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2009, 09:15 AM   #15
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Chavez admited to not feeling well leading up to and during that Laporte fight......as you said, that feeling was likely for struggling to make the weight.

......and yet, without fail, those who dont like Chavez will always point to the LaPorte fight, and the Lockridge fight and say Chavez got gifts in them.......

....and personally for me, the Lockridge fight in which Chavez fought injured one of his hands (I think the right) was one of his best performances.

Chavez injured one of his hands and then went on the backfoot propinating Lockridge a boxing lesson.

......the fact that Chavez went on the backfoot after injuring his hand, is enough for the haters to lay claim that Chavez was given a gift.

......these haters could'nt stand to see Chavez display his arsenal of boxing skill, and here was there chance to say, "ah, Chavez is backing away, he's losing.".....ignoring altogether the beautiful display of boxing Chavez dispensed while fighting with an injured hand.
Ive heard a lot of ESB members say the same about the 2nd Randall fight, I thought JCC fought well on the backfoot, scoring some nice counters but because he wasnt his usual self, coming forward with pressure, they assume he is losing the fight.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum