Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 12-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: My take on Vitali vs Valuev

Vitali is a little short handed for the first semester of 2010. Does he fight Solis, Austin right away? nahhhhh, nobody interested in that yet. Maybe after the eliminator, if Solis emerges victorious.

Haye is off the table till he is finished with Ruiz.

Boytsov is not positioned for a title shot too, as of now. Same for Dimitrenko.

Povetkin and Chambers are tied up to Wlad.

Tua just got back to fighting and always prices himself out of everything.

Adamek just got tied up to Estrada.

Toney? Briggs? pleasee....

You see, at the end of the day, Valuev is only name that makes some sense.
11player is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #17
Buddy87
Journeyman

vCash: 500

I would have liked to see Valuev take on some more contenders instead when he fought Evander Holyfield, he took nearly a year off to fight Haye! and in that fight he was alot more active than he was with Holyfield, I'm confused to wonder if he didn't want to hurt that man or not because Valuev by nature is very good natured. the punches that Valuev rushed and threw at Haye would have landed to Holyfield for the fact that Holyfield has foot work but no super good lateral movement, or it could be that Valuev was nervous fighting a legend.

The only name I see in those list of contenders that could give something to Vitali is Tony Thompson, don't be confused and say Wladamir whooped his ass because they're not the same fighter. Thompson's a good contender but I think he will fall short and will give in to the power of Vitali when he gets on the inside unless he makes it an outside fight with straights hands because he is a tall fighter.

As for Thomas Adamek, UD for Vitali Klitchko after landing 1500 power shots, all of them connected Adamek's head will not give in! he was insane to move up to heavyweight! The guy I mentioned above would be a good fight with him because they would both throw punches and punches.

David Tua already coming back to the top already makes me sick as well as some of these guys that I don't even know how the hell they are still at the top 10 over 6 years of losing and fighting little prospects.

At this point in the game I think Wladamir is sharper than Vitali because he's faster and healthier, I wouldn't be suprised within next year if Vitali gets another injury from training like from his back last time or something else and he'll just retire from then on in.

If Vitali leaves the game, then boxing will recognize Wladamir as the undisputed champion but right now both brothers are taking eachother's fire. I find it amusing that The spinks brothers tried to do this but they were just too small.

P.S. can't wait to see Wladamir fight Chambers, Chambers never ceases to amaze me when he just lets them go, he has alot of talent when he really tries.
Buddy87 is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 AM   #18
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy87 View Post
Mendoza, do you honestly think Vitali is going to move around like Haye did? Every time I see either of these two fighters fight they move like zombies.

The betting odds were for Tyson against Douglas and who won that fight, Douglas isn't even a Hall of Famer today but anyone that does the history knows that he was the Mike Tyson killer. As long as you have two arms anything can happen. I think Valuev can pull it off as long as he doesn't succumb to Vitali's volume of punches, Vitali would have to get on the inside to wack him. Valuev needs to pump that jab in his face and keep moving back or bully him forward shoving him off balance which I doubt he'll do.

Some tactics that Valuev can use against Vitali even though they're dirty but when I see the sport of professional boxing becoming holier than thou with its rules will be the day we can sit back and can watch some good clean boxing is to clinch him and put his body weight onto the man to tire him, 330lbs of Valluev trying to be supported by a 250 pound man like Vitali will fatigue him good.
Valuev is slow, and doesn't always use his jab. He can also be countered punched. Vitali can move around very well. Did you not see him box and move vs Arelloa, who is much more dynamic with his feet and hands in comparison to Valuev? In addition, Vitali's defense is superior to Valuev's.

I do not see this a a hard fight for Vitali at all.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 06:17 AM   #19
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Valuev is slow, and doesn't always use his jab. He can also be countered punched. Vitali can move around very well. Did you not see him box and move vs Arelloa, who is much more dynamic with his feet and hands in comparison to Valuev? In addition, Vitali's defense is superior to Valuev's.

I do not see this a a hard fight for Vitali at all.

the man is in denial, valuev got hit by a man like dominguez - ex cruiserweight champ - whos about 5''11, he got hit and by all means beat by ex cruiserweight champ Holyfield who was nearing his 50th birthday at the time, valuev is slow as **** and has poor reflexes and a guy like vitali who pumped out a record number of punches against Johnson would be all over him. hed not deck him quickly but wear him down and he d dominate all rounds en route to a late stoppage imo. Id be surprised to see valuoff win a single round.

Still, namewise Valuoff is a league above the austins and (at this stage) maskaeevs of this world. But I'll believe that fight comes off the moment I see them step into the ring to face each other and not a second sooner than that.
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 06:20 AM   #20
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flurry View Post
the man is in denial, valuev got hit by a man like dominguez - ex cruiserweight champ - whos about 5''11, he got hit and by all means beat by ex cruiserweight champ Holyfield who was nearing his 50th birthday at the time, valuev is slow as **** and has poor reflexes and a guy like vitali who pumped out a record number of punches against Johnson would be all over him. hed not deck him quickly but wear him down and he d dominate all rounds en route to a late stoppage imo. Id be surprised to see valuoff win a single round.

Still, namewise Valuoff is a league above the austins and (at this stage) maskaeevs of this world. But I'll believe that fight comes off the moment I see them step into the ring to face each other and not a second sooner than that.
Right. I think the poster Buddy is just tying to stir the pot. Vaulev's chances here are slim.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #21
ramalinga
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Anybody who regards Valuev as capable of beating Vitali is in serious denial of reality.

The Valuev of the last few years would have been beaten by the versions of Gomez, Arreola and Johnson that Vitali beat. I don't think Valuev would have beaten a semi - in shape top 10 - 15 contender who would really try to win. Valuev is one of the most extreme cases of a fighter not wanting to be in the ring I have ever seen. His fights against Chagaev and Holyfield showed his utter disinterest, going through the motions and somehow hoping the decision will go his way. I don't think Valuevl has ever implemented anything his corner told him to do. He is completely incapable of excecuting a gameplan.

Vitali has excellent reflexes for his size and remains one of the harder guys to hit in boxing. He will always give his best, has a granite chin coupled with total determination to win. While he doesn't put his power into single shots, the constant punches from weird angles he throws tend frustrate and hurt opponents. He would win minute of every round and Valuev would probably be stopped by his corner late in the fight.
ramalinga is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #22
Buddy87
Journeyman

Hardly in denial as it's upsetting to see you guys fall into group think, it's getting tiresome to hear how your guyses tactics are to slander and insult the person rather than give oppinions when something that you can agree to disagree with.

After the Chagaev fight Valuev got himself a new trainer to work with to improve the fundamentals of his european style to stand more upright and to make better use of his jab, the problem is with small guys like holyfield and Haye who actually got good footwork shows that people can slip through Valuev's jab.

Well from your bland say so of Gomez Arreola and Johnson would have been beaten by Valuev has no structure of arguement other than saying "I said so"

You talk about how well Vitali's reflexes are, the man is deteriorating and his chin is good but his cut rate isn't, espeically from the fluffy punches Johnson would have landed.

Vitali is a great champion, unfortunately when he leaves his legacy is going to be overshadowed by Wladamir unless something intervenes. I written a new post about who he should fight before he leaves the boxing world because he will definitely be missed.

Based on how Johnson was able to land his punches going upward, I wouldn't be suprised if he would get caught by Valuev getting hit downward, it's not like Klitschko is going to let him, he's either going to press forward to him or he's going to go backwards and let Valuev move forward so he can come in close enough to get inside and do his work. I think the longer Vitali continues fighting, the better Valuev's or any other boxer's chances of beating him, I think a prime chizzled Vitali could beat Valuev but at the moment the reason with this arguement is that I feel he's deteriorating and will have enough disadvantages against him to drag this out.
Buddy87 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #23
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Vitali vs Valuev would be a very interesting fight. Just the spectacle alone would make it more worthwhile than any of Vitalis post comeback fiights.

Valuev has one thing Vitali has never had to deal with in his whole career. Size!

The Klitschkos main advantage over all their opponents has been the ability to physically dominate them. That wont be the case here and i'd be interested to see Vitalis strategy.

That said, I do think Klitschko will end up winning a close but dull points victory.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #24
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vitali will easily outbox Valouev, but I think Vitali will try to finish cleaning out the top ten heavyweights. Could be Solis next or WBC appears to want him to fight Austin. Vlad has already knocked Austin out in the 2nd round.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #25
Buddy87
Journeyman

I think health will be another factor playing into this, if we said this pre spinal injury I think Vitali would take this fight and beat Valuev up where it would go all 12 rounds, Valuev knows how to clinch and man handle someone.

We'll see how those points stack up because they certainly won't be from winning the outside fight :P if he does...then man he's good! I don't think he'll dance around like the other black fighters nor will have that slick lateral movement or speed.

Vitali is fast but I think he's lost alot of his speed, and we'll see what happens! I wanna see a good fight regardless of who wins!
Buddy87 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2009, 12:04 AM   #26
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vitali's speed it still about the same. Johnson would make a anyone look bad, he refused to fight at all, but still threw more punched than Haye did. Vitali wants to knock Haye out ASAP.
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #27
jdroy1986
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I think Vitali would destroy Valuev. But I'll admit that Vitali is starting to show his age a little.
jdroy1986 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #28
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Good post. I've been saying all along this could cause problems for Vitali because of styles and physique. Actually, I bet it doesn't come off. Vitali and Wladimir really totalled on established the range, they use it offensively and they use it defensively. Haye beating Valuev was the best thing that ever happened to either brother because they no longer have to beat Valuev for the title.

Now don't get me wrong, Vitali is a far superior fighter to Valuev, but look at the fight objectively. He doesn't have the reach advantage here, and he's going to have to come inside within punching range to land on Valuev. He's not going to simply walk through everything Valuev throws, he doesn't have the necessary foot speed and/or upper body movement, and he can't get his punches off if he just employs a tight guard.
TommyV is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2009, 12:12 PM   #29
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
If they fight, it will be a mis-match. Vitlai will easily land on Valuev, and likely score a TKO in the later rounds. Skills, hand speed, foot speed, power, stamina, defense, chin, smarts, and such are all in Vitali's favor. Valuev is only bigger.
All true. No way Valuev outpoints Vitali & he doesn't have the skill or speed to beat VK on points.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #30
TommyV
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSKULL View Post
All true. No way Valuev outpoints Vitali & he doesn't have the skill or speed to beat VK on points.
Timing beats speed. Not that his timing is that great either.

I don't see Valuev beating Klitschko, but it could give him more trouble as a much up than others, purely because of Vitali's style relying on range.

I don't think he'll knock Valuev out, certainly.
TommyV is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum