Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 06-25-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Bisping V Hamil UFC 75

WOW! I wanted to see this fight since TUF3 ended. Hamil is a scary talented wrestler and I see him giving Bisping big problems. BUT Bisping is a dog and I hope he KTFO out of Hamil.

Also will be good to see Rampage V Henderson. If the rest of the card can live up to these two fights UFC will take off in UK big time (especially if Bisping wins again)
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Default Re: Bisping V Hamil UFC 75

I really dont rate Bisping and still fail to see what the big deal is about him.His just a guy that won a reality TV series IMO.Hamil`s wrestling is nice but in my eyes thats all that seems to be his strong point.His an immensely strong guy and his GNP seems pretty good from the mount.To be honest as a guy thats partially deaf what his achieved is phenomenal and he sure as hell is no walk over for Bisping.In my eyes id probably favor Hamil as i just cant see Bispings key strengths.He just seems like an aggresive guy with heavy hands and not much else.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 04:17 PM   #3
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Hamils striking is AWFUL I dont wanna see this guy fight.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie
Hamils striking is AWFUL I dont wanna see this guy fight.
Dont get it twisted his hands are heavy from the mount.But the guy is pretty much just a wrestler..
Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #5
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings
Dont get it twisted his hands are heavy from the mount.But the guy is pretty much just a wrestler..
Ok he has decent ground and pound. But his STANDUP is laughable only one worse was that Mike Nickels guy he beat on TUF 3
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #6
Smith
Monzon-like
ESB Addict

vCash: 484

Bisping has this fight in the bag, heart takes you a long way in this sport! After he beats Hammill, he has to fight a fighter from 6-15 in the light heavy ranking though!
Smith is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boydsmith
Bisping has this fight in the bag, heart takes you a long way in this sport! After he beats Hammill, he has to fight a fighter from 6-15 in the light heavy ranking though!
Shame thats not PRIDES old middelweight ranking..
Old 06-25-2007, 06:28 PM   #8
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Really sort of a test for Bisping, Bisping by all accounts should win this fight, but it plays right into his weaknesses. Hamill is a tough wrestler, and Bisping is a small 205'er with bad takedown defense, so if he can get in there finish Hamill he will prove he is coming along as a complete fighter.

Hamill has an outside shot of winning, he has pretty good wrestling and just sick strength compared to Bisping, but that appears to be all, but then again we haven't seen him in a long time, maybe he has picked up his game alot and will come out and get an upset. If Hamill manages a win he deserves a a renewed contract.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 06:44 PM   #9
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It should be interesting. Hamill will put Bisping on his back, unless Mike wonder punches him at the get go. Given that Hamil punches like someone who's handicap is blindess and not hearing, it's a possibility. If you remember from the footage we saw on TUF 3 Hamil was absolutely schooling Bisping in grappling practice, Mike was getting pissed because Matt would sprawl on him without using his hands and get takedowns using only one arm and putting the other behind his back.

A smart build-up fight for Bisping. Hamil is a name because of TUF, he will put Mike in a new situation, and all the while he doesn't really pose a huge risk to derailing Mike with an embarassing loss.
Donut62 is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #10
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Is it me or does Bisping look like he could have much better take down defence if he did not get so excited? He seems to get hyped and controlled by his adrenaline, basically the total opposite of someone like Fedor.

He cant help but look for bombs, lunge a bit and not set himself for takedown attempts.
A tought fight, where he has to work his way to a victory without just landing a big shot could well be the best thing that happens to him for his career.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #11
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bisping is a pretty well rounded fighter, and he's good enough on his feet to knock out the wide open Hamil. I also think he's good enough to beat Hamil on the ground. Not overpower him, of course, but beat him. Hamil is totally one dimensional and has been lucky with who he has faced so far.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #12
J_Roth
VRWC Hybrid Beaner
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2000

Interesting fight. Can't wait to see it.
J_Roth is offline  Top
Old 06-25-2007, 09:52 PM   #13
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict

I'm not that impressed with Bisping. And while Hamill's wrestling is nice, his strikings and subs are awful. This won't tell us much about either man, but I say Bisping wins via GnP in the third.
Tko4 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 12:34 AM   #14
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict

Bisping by triangle choke in the first, after Hamil takes a few on the chin he takes mike down and gets subbed.
Nuke is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2007, 12:56 AM   #15
oblate
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut62
It should be interesting. Hamill will put Bisping on his back, unless Mike wonder punches him at the get go. Given that Hamil punches like someone who's handicap is blindess and not hearing, it's a possibility. If you remember from the footage we saw on TUF 3 Hamil was absolutely schooling Bisping in grappling practice, Mike was getting pissed because Matt would sprawl on him without using his hands and get takedowns using only one arm and putting the other behind his back.

A smart build-up fight for Bisping. Hamil is a name because of TUF, he will put Mike in a new situation, and all the while he doesn't really pose a huge risk to derailing Mike with an embarassing loss.
hamil was schooling him in wrestling but bisping was able to school him sub wise. remeber bisping is the one who inured hamils arm with an armlock.
oblate is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum