Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Do you think that Pac is taking performance enhancing drugs?
yes 88 21.26%
no 326 78.74%
Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #181
iceman
Tis my Island
ESB Addict

vCash: 12406665
Default Re: Freddy Roach's decision for blood test refusal, not Manny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlingayteo View Post
Intresting but i think Roach speaks out of turn alot recently , why is he even talking about such things as his just Pac's trainer this things are between the fighters,Promoters,Laywers
Roach controls every aspect of what Pacquia does once they start training for a fight.Off course Roach is going to make the decision on something as important as a blood sample within 24 hrs of the fight
iceman is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #182
WeezyF27
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: They take less than a tablespoon of blood..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi View Post
What's wrong if the test is done right after the fight?

it is not random then.. that is the whole point of this
WeezyF27 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #183
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Boxing and juicing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone36 View Post
You mean "Critic." It's only one team that has been bitching and moaning.

Mayweather is ready and willing to submit to the same tests. He has nothing to hide. So what is Pac's team afraid of?
elTerrible is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #184
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1728

Quote:
Originally Posted by keure View Post
the funny thing is these idiots on this site like you, insult mayweather as a way to avoid the real issue what is manny's real problem with these tests, i guess we should start calling him manny mcguire
Manny take the test or Keure, a Floyd nuthugger, will call you names!
Babality is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #185
juanitoboxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pac is talking about a 10 million penalty per pound over 147 and he can't take a blood test before a fight, wtf is wrong with him.
juanitoboxing is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #186
ravtrav
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pac should only do the blood test if Ellerbe does a saliva test for Floyds dick! The balls are in Ellerbe's mouth.
ravtrav is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #187
enzo
Greatest Of All Time
East Side Guru

Default Re: Freddie Roach: Manny Won’t do Blood Test ‘Day Before Fight’

giving blood 24 hours before the fight? **** that!!! a fighter should not be tampered in his routine a day before the fight... it will affect him mentally.

floyd is shit!!!
enzo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #188
BigReg
Broad Street Bully
East Side VIP

"According to Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer, who is negotiating the deal with Top Rank president Todd duBoef, Pacquiao refuses to have his blood drawn within 30 days of the bout based on his superstition of testing so close to a fight."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BigReg is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #189
p4p_kid
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Olympic Style drug testing NOT for PRO boxing.

Manny has had history of having his blood taken days before the fight against morales the first time. He and his camp blamed it plus the winning gloves on the lost.

Olympics is very different in the pros, Olympians, having their blood taken a day before the fight wont have an effect to them cause they're fighting 4 rounders and 2 minutes each round. You can't do that in a 12 round fight cause it will definitely take a toll on the fighters in the later rounds.

this is not something any other elite fighter demanded in a fight of this magnitude. Only mayweather, because he's scared, scared to lose his 0.

mayweathers had been thinking of a way out, i guess they found one.

manny is clean floyd, just man up and step up to the plate.
p4p_kid is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:28 PM   #190
josak
Belt holder
ESB Addict

"A urine drug test, I'll do every day of the week. But giving blood before a fight, I will not let my fighter do," Roach said during a telephone call from his Wild Card Boxing Club on Tuesday.

"And they can't guarantee me that that won't happen the day before a fight because they want random testing. So it's my choice. So if you want to blame somebody, blame me."

"Manny does not like having to give blood before a fight. It's like having ***: Does *** bother a fighter before a fight? If it's in your head mentally, then yes, it does. And with Manny Pacquiao, it's in his head that he feels weak if he gives blood, and there's no way that I'm going to let him go into the ring with that on his mind," said Roach.

"I've done my homework, I've talked to experts," Roach added, "Urine and blood-testing are almost identical in this type of situation. Neither test can detect growth hormones and HGH and stuff like that anyway. So, I'll do all of the urine tests in the world, no problem. I'll give blood 30 days before the fight or after the fight in the dressing room, I'll give blood, but not right before the fight.

"I never thought that Floyd wanted to fight Manny Pacquiao, and now, he wants to cancel a fight because we won't take a pre-fight blood test, but we'll do any other commission test or any urine test in the world. Floyd Mayweather is not the commission, and we'll go by the local commission rules like everyone else in the world."

But an angered Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's adviser, told FanHouse on Tuesday, "Freddie Roach is full of s***."

"They're scrambling and they're boxed in and they know it," Ellerbe added.

"It's our understanding that the [United States Anti-Doping Agency] will not be drawing blood 24 hours before the fight, so there shouldn't be a problem. They're probably saying something along the lines that Floyd Mayweather is trying to get out of the fight," said Ellerbe. "Well, if he feels that this is Floyd's way trying to get out of the fight, then all Manny Pacquiao has to do is agree to the testing."

"We're all for drug-testing, and we're all for boxing being a drug-free sport, but what we're not for is being harassed into taking blood tests the day of the fight, or, even, the week of the fight. We will not succumb to that," said Koncz, from the Philippines, where he said that Pacquiao would soon be making an official statement on the matter.

"The bottom line is that Manny believes that all athletes, while they're performing, they're role-models to the public, and, especially children. They should be free of drugs," said Koncz. "If they want us to piss in a bottle 20 times a day up until two hours before the fight, we'll be happy to do it. But we're not going to take blood that close to the fight. If they want to draw blood, they can do it right after the fight."
josak is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #191
AMERICANBORN
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Olympic Style drug testing NOT for PRO boxing.

so taking blood for olympic boxers is ok but not for professionals because their fights are longer and it will effect them?

how about marathon and long distance runners in the olympics, or basketball and hockey players?
AMERICANBORN is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #192
Zone36
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing and juicing...

Well as stated earlier, what Gayweather is looking for can't be found in either test. An army of doctors can attest to that.
Zone36 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 PM   #193
enzo
Greatest Of All Time
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by josak View Post

"A urine drug test, I'll do every day of the week. But giving blood before a fight, I will not let my fighter do," Roach said during a telephone call from his Wild Card Boxing Club on Tuesday.

"And they can't guarantee me that that won't happen the day before a fight because they want random testing. So it's my choice. So if you want to blame somebody, blame me."

"Manny does not like having to give blood before a fight. It's like having ***: Does *** bother a fighter before a fight? If it's in your head mentally, then yes, it does. And with Manny Pacquiao, it's in his head that he feels weak if he gives blood, and there's no way that I'm going to let him go into the ring with that on his mind," said Roach.

"I've done my homework, I've talked to experts," Roach added, "Urine and blood-testing are almost identical in this type of situation. Neither test can detect growth hormones and HGH and stuff like that anyway. So, I'll do all of the urine tests in the world, no problem. I'll give blood 30 days before the fight or after the fight in the dressing room, I'll give blood, but not right before the fight.

"I never thought that Floyd wanted to fight Manny Pacquiao, and now, he wants to cancel a fight because we won't take a pre-fight blood test, but we'll do any other commission test or any urine test in the world. Floyd Mayweather is not the commission, and we'll go by the local commission rules like everyone else in the world."

But an angered Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's adviser, told FanHouse on Tuesday, "Freddie Roach is full of s***."

"They're scrambling and they're boxed in and they know it," Ellerbe added.

"It's our understanding that the [United States Anti-Doping Agency] will not be drawing blood 24 hours before the fight, so there shouldn't be a problem. They're probably saying something along the lines that Floyd Mayweather is trying to get out of the fight," said Ellerbe. "Well, if he feels that this is Floyd's way trying to get out of the fight, then all Manny Pacquiao has to do is agree to the testing."

"We're all for drug-testing, and we're all for boxing being a drug-free sport, but what we're not for is being harassed into taking blood tests the day of the fight, or, even, the week of the fight. We will not succumb to that," said Koncz, from the Philippines, where he said that Pacquiao would soon be making an official statement on the matter.

"The bottom line is that Manny believes that all athletes, while they're performing, they're role-models to the public, and, especially children. They should be free of drugs," said Koncz. "If they want us to piss in a bottle 20 times a day up until two hours before the fight, we'll be happy to do it. But we're not going to take blood that close to the fight. If they want to draw blood, they can do it right after the fight."

floyd is looking for a way out
enzo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #194
enzo
Greatest Of All Time
East Side Guru

Default Re: Olympic Style drug testing NOT for PRO boxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p_kid View Post
Manny has had history of having his blood taken days before the fight against morales the first time. He and his camp blamed it plus the winning gloves on the lost.

Olympics is very different in the pros, Olympians, having their blood taken a day before the fight wont have an effect to them cause they're fighting 4 rounders and 2 minutes each round. You can't do that in a 12 round fight cause it will definitely take a toll on the fighters in the later rounds.

this is not something any other elite fighter demanded in a fight of this magnitude. Only mayweather, because he's scared, scared to lose his 0.

mayweathers had been thinking of a way out, i guess they found one.

manny is clean floyd, just man up and step up to the plate.
enzo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #195
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

If PAC is willing to give blood right after the fight, then what the **** is the problem??

Or is it just me?
chimba is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum