Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Do you think that Pac is taking performance enhancing drugs?
yes 88 21.26%
no 326 78.74%
Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 03:38 AM   #781
HyperBone
Silverback Gorilla
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What's worse....

HyperBone is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 03:38 AM   #782
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

you expect us to take this Appeal to ridicule fallacy poll seriously?
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:38 AM   #783
Rooney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: The "GO-TO-HELL-FLOYD!!" Express

The mega-fight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao is now in jeopardy after Golden Boy Promotions, on behalf of Mayweather Promotions, learned today that Manny Pacquiao is refusing to comply with Olympic style drug testing as outlined and mandated by the United States Anti Doping Agency (USADA) and as requested by Mayweather’s management to ensure fair play and sportsmanship by both fighters.

Early today Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, was contacted by Top Rank President Todd duBoef, who informed Schaefer that Pacquiao would not agree to have his blood taken within 30-days of the bout based on the fighter’s superstition of testing so close to a fight.

Schaefer commented, “Todd told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn’t want to do it so close to the fight. He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight.”

Olympic style drug testing involves random sampling of the athlete’s blood and urine prior to and after the fight. The USADA procedure includes both blood and urine sampling so that all banned substances, some of which do not show up in urine alone, are tested for thoroughly.

“It is unfortunate to hear this from Manny Pacquiao’s representatives, particularly since, as of today, both parties had worked out all other issues related to this fight,” said Schaefer. “Team Mayweather is certainly surprised that an elite athlete like Manny Pacquiao would refuse drug testing procedures which Floyd has already agreed to and have been agreed to by many other top athletes such as Lance Armstrong, and Olympians Michael Phelps, LeBron James and Kobe Bryant.”

Mayweather, who was informed of Pacquiao’s reluctance shortly after Schaefer received word of the impasse, feels Pacquiao has to explain himself immediately or be faced with accusations from the media and the public regarding his own status as a clean and drug free athlete.

“I understand Pacquiao not liking having his blood taken, because frankly I don’t know anyone who really does,” said Mayweather. “But in a fight of this magnitude, I think it is our responsibility to subject ourselves to sportsmanship at the highest level. I have already agreed to the testing and it is a shame that he is not willing to do the same. It leaves me with great doubt as to the level of fairness I would be facing in the ring that night. I hope that this is either some miscommunication or that Manny will change his mind and step up and allow these tests, which were good enough for all these other great athletes, to be performed by USADA.”

Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions said, “We hope that Manny will do the right thing and agree to the testing as it is an egregious act to deny the testing and hence, deny the millions of fans the right to see this amazing fight. We just want to make sure there is a level playing field in a sport that is a man-to-man contest that relies on strength and ability. I still hope this decision is coming from someone in Pacquiao’s camp and not Manny himself as it would be a shame that an athlete of his stature and who represents his whole country would not be able to show the public or his fellow athletes that he agrees to the highest standards in sports competition.”

WHAT YOU HIDING MANNY????
Rooney is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:38 AM   #784
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Default Re: Give one good reason why manny shouldnt take the test before???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lehudson View Post
Every time I post this you clowns ignore it but I will say it one more time.

If your on steroids you do what is called a cycle, in this cycle you use the steroids for a period of time then stop, after a couple of weeks your blood levels return to normal. So if your time it right there will be nothing found 5 days before or one day after. There is a window of 6-8 weeks were you can be under the effects of steroids after you use them. By testing a couple of times starting at 30 days out it will ensure that if a person is on steroids they would have to stop using a couple of weeks before the first testing, at which point by the time the fight came around would have have lost the benefits of the steroid. Its that simple, but I know that blind hate and bias wont allow this simple thing to take hold in some of your brains. Sad.
Funny you should point out the fans that are haters when Team Mayweather has been throwing out steroid allegations publicly towards Pac and driving his name through the mud, and that was before this little incident.

And why? Probably because they're bitter that people like Pac more. So, what better way to get people to turn on Pac than to make sure you treat him like a steroid cheat at every corner? That's exactly what it boils down to. Ego and insecurity.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:39 AM   #785
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
i just dont see what's so bad about what team mayweather wants....i mean, that should be a ****en rule for ****s sake....i know shit at vons that'll make you pass a ****en piss test.....
There isn't anything wrong with it. This is just ESB, where 99% of posters are "extremists" (very much one way or the other, and when it comes to Floyd, it's very much the other way).

So has it actually been proven that Pac had a rehydration clause in a previous contract (Dela Hoya)? I don't like claiming something just cause a guy said it in an interview somewhere, which is what I think most people are relying on at the moment.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:39 AM   #786
jasbar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: For people who cannot see this - Pac drug testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeflonDom View Post
I get that. I'm saying that Team Mayweather chose 30 days to cover the whole spectrum of tactics. If Pac takes PED's during training, the test will catch that just as it would pre-fight.

When I read interviews with Roach who continually changes the subject away from blood testing to urine testing - something looks strange.

Have a read of this from the World Anti Doping Agency:

"When was a test to detect EPO implemented?
A test for EPO was introduced at the 2000 Summer Olympic Games in Sydney (Australia). The test, validated by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), was based on the blood and urine matrix. A blood screening was performed first, and a urine test was then used to confirm possible use of EPO.

"In June 2003, WADA’s Executive Committee accepted the results of an independent report stating that urine tests alone can be used to detect the presence of recombinant EPO. This report, requested by WADA’s stakeholders and commissioned by the Agency to evaluate the validity of urinary and blood tests for detecting the presence of recombinant EPO, concluded that urinary testing is the only scientifically validated method for direct detection of recombinant EPO.

"This report also recommended that urine testing be used in conjunction with blood screening for a variety of reasons, including the cost savings of performing blood screening prior to testing urine. Some international sports federations still use both urine and blood matrix for the detection of EPO. Recently, the urine test was adapted to blood to perform detection of some new erythropoiesis stimulating agents."

There's already the NASC to do the testing. Why would Floyd do another testing to Manny just because he wants it to?
jasbar is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:39 AM   #787
totsboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Blood Test BS: Mayweather Looks Like a Coward Who Doesn't Want to Fight Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyF27 View Post
pac would have to prove it was slanderous, he would have to take a blood test do this.. and clearly he is not willing to do this..

pac would take it but he wont fight at the fight night..and thats what you want floydete because you dont want gayweather to lose..

stop being a boy toy of mayweather
totsboy is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:40 AM   #788
caneman
100% AllNatural Xylocaine
East Side Guru

Quote:
team mayweather asking for a simple stupid little drug test

Pac has passed every drug test (10 to be exact) mandated by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

team pac making fighters dehydrated themselves just to have an advantage (as stated by roach)

Team Pac asked for a catchweight 1 pound less than what Cotto weighed in last fight. Oscar De La Hoya agreed to his OWN terms moving down 1 weight class while Pac moved up 2. Not Pac's fault that Oscar and his team are morons. Oscar chose Pac and ducked Margarito. Oscar fu**ed himself.
caneman is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:40 AM   #789
HyperBone
Silverback Gorilla
ESB Addict

whats worse?

(a) juan diaz being a hypejob?

or

(b) freddy wak thinking that prime juan diaz isnt a hypejob?
Old 12-23-2009, 03:40 AM   #790
EL CABALLO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
i just dont see what's so bad about what team mayweather wants....i mean, that should be a ****en rule for ****s sake....i know shit at vons that'll make you pass a ****en piss test.....
For once, I absolutely agree with you Freddie!
EL CABALLO is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:40 AM   #791
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

Default Re: The "GO-TO-HELL-FLOYD!!" Express

whats going on roonz

i gave u a shout out in the next pbf prediction demand thread
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:41 AM   #792
DeanoFlash
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 299
Default Re: Guess what resolves this entire mess!?

DeanoFlash is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:41 AM   #793
HyperBone
Silverback Gorilla
ESB Addict

rehydration clause? youd have to be a moron to think its true
Old 12-23-2009, 03:42 AM   #794
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1728

Nice try. You say "this isn't a Marquez thread", when Floyd was involved in that fight too.

But Manny's catchweight fight was against Cotto not Floyd! So what happened there? This isn't Cotto thread. Why bring that up? Are you biased? I think so
Babality is offline  Top
Old 12-23-2009, 03:42 AM   #795
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: The drug test Mayweather camp wants...

[quote=EL CABALLO;5720328]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Void refused to fight Pac two times now.

Void refused to fight Cotto, but Pac did.

Void refused to fight Mosley, but Pac will.

If Pac took steroids, Pac would not have agreed to take test right after the fight.]

No problem with Chambers and Balco?[/quote]
^ above quoted from Farmboxer...
The problem here is not Chambers/Balco, but Trevor Graham/BALCO joining Alex Ariza & the rest of team PAC.... How can't ppl see there's something that just doesn't look right there is mind bogling... for the 1st time ever I HAVE too agree with Mayweather.... What's fair 4 one is fair 4 both... If Mayweather agrees to Olympic style testing, then I can't see why Pac wouldn't, unless of course, u r doing something out of the playing rules!!

Do you consider all the recent fights before this bruhaha as valid? I mean the fighters not taking this whole new olympic style concept??

Because if they push thru with it, i will definitely doubt all fights before this.
boxbox is offline  Top
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum