Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Do you think that Pac is taking performance enhancing drugs?
yes 88 21.26%
no 326 78.74%
Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #76
salty trunks
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Blood Test BS: Mayweather Looks Like a Coward Who Doesn't Want to Fight Pacquiao

Whats worse asking for a simple blood test or demanding 10 million for every pound over weight? Seems like Manny is the one who is making things a bit difficult.
salty trunks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #77
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Blood Test BS: Mayweather Looks Like a Coward Who Doesn't Want to Fight Pacquiao

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
so why doesnt Pacquiao just call his bluff and take a couple of blood tests??

The World Anti-Doping Agency successfully used blood testing at the 2004 Olympics in Athens to test for HGH. Infact i find it crazt that all world titles fights are not going through this sort of testing already
Pac did agree to have his blood tested, twice. But not on the date set by Floyd. Read the article again.
hmi is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #78
negrotigre
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi View Post
Pac did agree to have his blood tested, twice. But not on the date set by Floyd. Read the article again.
The problem is, the testing is supposed to be random, not at the time of Manny's choosing.
negrotigre is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #79
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi View Post
whats wrong with the date? Mayweather will also be taking the test. ITS JUST A BLOOD TEST!!!! Manny is being a dick if he doesnt do it
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:30 PM   #80
Babality
KTFO!!!!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1728

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty trunks View Post
Whats worse asking for a simple blood test or demanding 10 million for every pound over weight? Seems like Manny is the one who is making things a bit difficult.
The idea of the 10 million is just make it a high enough sum so that Floyd won't go over the limit. Floyd already went over the limit when he didn't even attempt to make weight vs JMM. Making weight is old and part of boxing.

This Olympic bullshit test IS NOT. It's only happening cause crackhead and crackhead sr. are making baseless accusations. "Pac, I'm gonna take this test, THEREFORE you should too". Why?

That said I think Manny should just agree so Team Fraud can stop crying.
Babality is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:31 PM   #81
lillarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1646

You are by far on the one of the most annoying biased members on this forum

This topic doesn't need another thread
lillarry is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #82
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Shaefer said "Todd told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn't want to do it so close to the fight. He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight"

The Press Confrence is 10 weeks before the fight and after the fight it will be out of his system.

How blood testing is not done all the time is beyond me
Old 12-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #83
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

It's bullshit.

Somehow Mayweather and his team of queers had never requested this before in other fights, and now are playing these dumb mind games with Pacman.

Exactly like the OP of this thread said, just make Floyd look like he is trying to back out, while making it seem like its Pacs fault.

Mayweathers know that Pac will not be pushed around or want to live up to all of their demands, especially a bogus one like this. Just because the Mayweathers decide they want something, doesnt mean everyone is going to bend over for them. Unbelievable.

A cheap way to make Pac look bad, and an easy out of the fight for Floyd.

The Mayweathers are the biggest bunch of crybabys this sport has EVER seen... P4P.

Mayweather will never be respected like Pacquiao is, even if he was to beat him.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #84
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Shaefer said "Todd told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn't want to do it so close to the fight. He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight"

The Press Confrence is 10 weeks before the fight and after the fight it will be out of his system.

How blood testing is not done all the time is beyond me
But it's not -- and that's why asking Pacquiao to do it is absolutely not acceptable and should not be caved into.

When and if boxing commissions and sanctioning bodies decide that ALL boxers are to be subject to this testing, then Manny Pacquiao can be tested every day for all I care. Until that time, singling him out for this because of bullspit Team Mayweather folklore is arbitrary, unfair and simply unacceptable.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #85
Trixie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1166

Seems to me, pretty clear Pac doesn't like the idea of blood being withdrawn from his body that close to a fight. Not sure how many other Asians there are here but I can understand that. We have all kinds of - admittedly outrageous, but nonetheless real in our minds - superstititions about things like that. I can therefore understand why no one on team pac would want his confidence to be possibly affected by this on the eve of the biggest and most important fight of his career.

Meanwhile, neither do I think that this is a ***** move by Mayweather. Although I do agree with Paulfv that he has no jurisdiction to demand such testing, I do believe that he quite simply does believe Manny may be juicing and wants to make sure everything is on the level.

I can understand both sides here. I ALREADY thought that Mayweather didn't want this fight. But I don't think this is confirmation of that, I think this is just a genuine concern on Mayweather's part.
Trixie is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #86
Phenix
Capo
ESB Jr Member

I just dont understand how some fans could be upset that the Mayweathers has asked for a more detailed blood test. Boxing is a fraternity as with other sports. If you hang around the Football circle you hear things, same as with Basketball and Football and even in the entertainment industry. With that being said, Floyd Sr., Nate Campbell, and Maginalli have stated that something is not right about Pac. We all know that with success come hate and other stuff, however, when you have a chance to vindicate yourself, why not? Isnt it strange that not one of the women who were alledgely had affairs with Tiger Woods did not come out untill the shit with his wife. I have associates in the entertainment industry, boxing, and football. Believe me there is a lot of stuff that goes on that the public has no idea, remember, if these persons are making a lot of money for people, they have to protect them. Roger Clemons stood before Congress and lied about taking PED's. It took his former trainer to save the needles and other incriminating evidence to get him. All I am saying is, maybe there is something going on behind the scenes that we are not privileged too.
Phenix is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #87
fytelod
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Don't get me wrong, I think Olympic style drug testing is good for the professional sport of boxing but if at this time it is not even in boxing regulations (i.e. all boxers subject themselves to OSDT before each fight) then a boxer has all the rights to refuse such testing.

Of course it can be included in the fight stipulations but one party may or may not agree to it.
fytelod is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #88
Quarteysjab

vCash:

floyd mayweather might as well paint himself yellow and officially change his name to fraud duckweather.

his fear is really obvious now.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #89
enzo
Greatest Of All Time
East Side Guru

if pac agrees to the test the mayweathers will find another reason not to fight him....

Pac wanted to fight after the election but agreed to fight in March... Floyd didn't agree to fight at dallas arena so it's back to vegas... then he wanted the fight @ 154 coz he's is having a hard time making 147... then he wanted an Olympic drug testing... WTF?!

what's next floyd?
enzo is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #90
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

anyone who has a superstition of taking a drug test is obviously on drugs lol
Closed Thread

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum